iPad mini 2012 shipments forecast slashed as AU Optronics can't deliver enough screens?
0. phoneArena posted on 23 Nov 2012, 03:13
The Apple iPad mini is all about the new form factor and low price, and that combination has proven to be a success with reviewers. Its success with users however - as is with many Apple devices recently - depends a lot on supply…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 23 Nov 2012, 03:23 6 2
LOL excuses excuses.
Will it be easier to admit that people want Nexus 7 more than this shrunken iPad2?
8. Nadr1212 posted on 23 Nov 2012, 11:38 0 0
They should have some apostrophes when they wrote "low price"
Low-price my butt!!!
9. Nadr1212 posted on 23 Nov 2012, 11:42 0 0
The iPad mini better have retina display AND A gigantic battery!!!!!!!
(At the latest by NEXT YEAR, or ELSE!!!!!!!!)
2. rusticguy posted on 23 Nov 2012, 03:39 7 1
Since orders aren't coming as expected, AU Optronics asked to curtail supplies (and paid money to keep mum) ... this is how one would view such news normally. Just doesn;t make sense that Apple could have any "logistics" p[roblem with the Logistics Expert in drivers seat (Mr Cook). So all these stories are being "Cooked" as a face saving measure for lower sales?
Nexus 7 all the way :)
4. blingblingthing posted on 23 Nov 2012, 04:56 2 1
I really hope the Nexus 7 smokes the Ipad mini this season.
3. edgabimbam posted on 23 Nov 2012, 03:55 4 1
"The Apple iPad mini is all about the new form factor and low price"
after i have read this i skipped topic.... lol yeh low price then maybe also say about its amazing hardware? ^^
6. roscuthiii posted on 23 Nov 2012, 09:22 0 0
"The Apple iPad mini is all about the new form factor and low price, and that combination has proven to be a success with reviewers."
Huh? Most reviewers I've seen have pretty much given this a pass on the pass/buy scale of reviews since it's still priced significantly higher than it's competition like the Nexus tabs, which come with a nicer display. It's basically a shrunken iPad 2.
7. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 23 Nov 2012, 09:40 0 0
High price for a low res screen, can't see buying this version, especially when everyone knows a retina display will be in the next model.
10. zazori08 posted on 23 Nov 2012, 18:39 0 0
WTF! The screen isalready low-res and still they cannot deliver?
11. Mohamed_Abdulkareem posted on 25 Nov 2012, 04:34 0 0
Good tab but, still over priced. I would buy it for around 250 $.