iPad charges fully an hour after the battery indicator shows 100%
0. phoneArena 23 Mar 2012, 07:30 posted on
One of the greatest things Apple achieved with the new iPad is maintaining the same battery life despite having the drain from 4G LTE networks…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
lmao the word mixing these words is banned ! * LOL FACE * iPhonearena :D
2. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 579; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
does this apply to some phones? im curious about it. hehe
3. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4801; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Ohh no. Apple is going to say, "you are not charging the new iPad correctly." lol
You really have to love Apple & the way they SPIN obvious defects. So let’s list their so called problems with the new iPad:
1. The new iPad overheats
2. The new iPad wont charge if you are using the tablet at the same time
3. Now when the tablet says it's charged 100% it really isn't, you need an hour more
4. I will leave BLANK because at this rate something else will come up.
So there goes the theory that Apple releases well tested & so called perfect machines.
Nothing is perfect or magical!
4. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
you forgot the way it breaks when you drop it from waist height.
22. c.hack (Posts: 603; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Yeah, I wouldn't buy anything that breaks if its dropped.
I'll bet my DSLR would break if I dropped it. Oh No it must be defective - don't buy any DSLRs!
5. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I just love this new ipad!
18. yt6nin (Posts: 100; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
-Some magnetic covers don't work on new iPad (article headline on phonearena)
-Wi-Fi signal strength an issue for users of the new Apple iPad (article headline)
-the iPhone and the iPad suck at repairability (from the article "Is repairability a swing factor for you when you shop for gadgets?" on phonearena)
-Experiment shows people have hard time telling Apple iPad 2 from the new Apple iPad (article headline)
I have more fun reading articles about Apple's failures more so than what they have to offer. It's just so amusing, entertaining, and interesting! =P
20. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4801; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
That is why I left #4 blank. I still was 3 short though! lol
I need to add #5, #6, & #7. Man that's so funny! I knew there was more but I didn't remember off the top of my head. Thanks so much yt6nin! You are the man!
+1 for you!
23. c.hack (Posts: 603; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Meanwhile Apple fans enoy their awesome iPad while fandroids whine and look for fake headlines.
26. stealthd (unregistered)
An android troll on phonearena? NO WAY.
6. tluv00 (Posts: 134; Member since: 18 Oct 2007)
So basically the battery meter is not configured for the larger battery within iOS?
7. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
FRAGMENTATION, FRAGMENTATION, FRAGMENTATION, FRAGMENTATION
19. yt6nin (Posts: 100; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
there's an article on phonearena, if I recall correctly, which the author claims Apple to also be "fragmented" with their many iOS devices and iOS versions. =)
24. c.hack (Posts: 603; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Meanwhile all my iOS devices even the 2 year old iPad got the latest OS upgrade on the day of release, while fandroids whine about not getting ICS after 4 months.
Android - Wonderfully Open - to viruses, malware and Google to spy on you. lol
29. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4271; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yes, but you didn't get a full version of the new OS. Still, only the iPhone 4S has Siri. Or, at least the ability to use it fully without a jailbreak. The new iPad only has a limited version I believe, the first and second iPad don't have it at all, neither does the iPhone 4 or 3GS, or the iPod touch 4G. You can brag that you got a new update, but you will never get the FULL update.
34. xfire99 (Posts: 786; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Did all of i iDevices geta ll the feautures on latest iOS 5 then? iOS 5 have limit features on ihpone 3GS, no Siri on iphone 4 and dont talk about other olds iDevices. Just u can get iOS 5 update, doesnt mean ithey will also get all the new features.
On android, if a new android version release to the phones, doesnt matter how old it is and all features are included. Not same as iOS devices.
8. erwiin.blf90 (Posts: 10; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
I thought this thing is not a new thing. I believe this also applies for all the iDevices. I can feel how quick it is from 100% to 99% right after I unplug my device when it shows the 100%, and it's on both my iPhone and my iPad. My friends also feel the same thing though. So it's a good idea to leave about 30 minutes after it's 100% charged
9. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I agree, my iPod's have never shown correct battery power left, especially when it reaches >20%, then I turn off the screen for 3 minutes and its at 50%. On the other hand, my 3vo has always had correct battery left.
30. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4271; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yeah, on my iPod when it goes below 20%, the battery always jumps around. It doesn't even have to be off for it to jump. One second it will be at 18%, I'll watch a video, and then it'll be at 46%.
10. fay99 (Posts: 94; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Apple will politely advice dr reymond to wear a pair of long sight glasses instead of miswearing his short sight lenses. They will politely tell him it was showing 10% instead of 100. And then they will also politely suggest dr reymond to turn off the screen while watching movie in order to get the maximum juice.
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 19492; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This android jealousy must cease. We apple people owners of the world best selling,best performing,longest lasting,best reselling,and most beautiful devices simply will not stand for it.
12. garz_pa (Posts: 154; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
This applies to my SGS2 as well. My battery lasts longer when I keep it plugged an hour more after it says full.
17. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
No, my Sensation 4G also lasts longer when I keep it charging for an extra hour after 100%.
15. theBankRobber (Posts: 676; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
That's why I charge my battery for my Photon at night. I power down the phone and just leave it on the charger. I don't really have any weird battery issues but I am deff looking into getting a bigger battery .
27. k1ng617 (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Hey! I actually noticed that with my International Galaxy Note. If I unplug it immediately after it says it's at 100% it drops to 99% instantly, but if I leave it plugged, let's say over night, it stays at 100% for quite some time after.
32. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Just my 2 cents, it also applies to the Samsung Galaxy Note i717.