"iPad HD" moniker appears in accessory listings and analytics data
0. phoneArena 01 Mar 2012, 14:24 posted on
With the March 7th Apple event fast approaching, iPad rumor mania is in full swing. As we know from Apple’s history of iPhone releases, there is no guarantee that the much-anticipated tablet will be called the iPad 3. Some new data emerging suggests...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
It's showing what devices have been downloading the application, and as of recently you see that a device named iPad HD had been downloading the application, well according to this article.
2. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
You never know wit Apple, everyone was so off guessing what the "iPhone 5" would bring.
4. shimmyx20 (Posts: 280; Member since: 03 Mar 2009)
Right? Weren't we seeing accessories saying "iPhone 5" last year before the announcement?
5. quakan (Posts: 1373; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I like iPad 3 better. Calling it iPad HD makes it seem like the only thing better is the screen which isn't great marketing in my opinion. Keeping it numerical makes it seem like you're releasing the next generation and not just adding some improvements to the current generation.
8. HGMIV (Posts: 52; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Sure, it isn't good marketing to you; you know the ins and outs of the device and are more intelligent than the average user. The average person who wants an iPad just wants it because it's an iPad, and now that it's (allegedly) HD, the enchantment is even greater.
9. quakan (Posts: 1373; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Maybe I'm giving the average consumer too much credit, but I see calling the next iPad "iPad HD" is the same as calling it "iPad 2S" and I think they would see it the same as well. I think the average consumer would buy it just to keep current, but I think they'd be aware that they're getting an incremental update to the previous one.
10. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
@quakan By that logic, the ipad 2 would have been the ipadS, since it had the same screen, but the A5 processor
11. quakan (Posts: 1373; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Well there were design changes as well too, but I was primarily basing my reasoning off the name, not so much the features.
6. Virile (Posts: 38; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
Most likely not called Ipad HD why would apple do tests with the actual name of the device before it was announced when apple is all about keeping secrets.
7. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
IPad HD traffic started in April 2011?
That seems really early.
12. redmd (Posts: 1269; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
HD moniker will be patented by Apple for sure.
13. biophone (Posts: 1956; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Ha apple best at security. I remember a certain iPhone 4 in a bar scene lol.
14. Musty18591 (Posts: 17; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
well after the fail Iphone4s with it's outdated specs and small screen and old design !!!!and its wild sales i can bet if they did nothing but changing the resolution of the screen ...they will sale alot as long as it has the apple sign ... people !!
15. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Retina Display is so called HD that Apple named. iPad HD wouldn't make sense in that case.