iPad 5 may be up to 25% lighter than current model, says analyst
1. baller23 (Posts: 23; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
25% lighter, 2X faster., same old tv box aspect ratio. All Same SHI*T.
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 13388; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
And you needed to say that for what exactly?
14. CreeDiddy (Posts: 361; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
You're kidding right...No other tablet is not even close to the same build quality and performance of an iPad. Let alone the iPad 5 will be a hit.
17. TheMaxColonel (Posts: 48; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Nexus 10 beats it Xperia Z beats it, Samsung galaxy tab 3 beats it....
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 13388; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Beats it in what, that actually matters. Like accessories, apps, resale value, partnerships, and satisfaction rate. What those other have quad core, and more ram? How exactly do they beat it.
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Apple, change the damn design! I'm tired of all this circle physical home buttons! And I'm tired of the damn boring iOS!
Change, change, Apple!
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 13388; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
As u said you're not interested in apples products. You've also said you've never owned any. So how could you be tired of something you've really never worked with.
8. testman22 (Posts: 337; Member since: 03 Nov 2009)
Okay, then from someone that currently owns apple products.... I'M tired of the same designs. For the most part anyone who really wants an ipad already has one. They are not giving us any reason to want to upgrade. Not once have I ever thought "this thing is too heavy!" Or "gee, I wish it was faster".
Defend apple all you want, but the fact of the matter is that there products ARE becoming stale and its reflected in declining sales and plunging stock prices. Major changes need to be made if they want to stay competitive.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 13388; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude I actually agree with you, I'm asking Xperia as someone who doesn't like apple, and doesn't own, use, or want their stuff by his own admission...how can he be tired of something he has no interest in? People get tired of things they own, or use regularly, and want to change. How do you change, or grow tired of something you don't have? That's kinda like me saying I'm tired of Bentleys looking, and driving the same, when I've never owned one.
13. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
My cousin is using it! DUH!
He's using iPad 3! I've used it before!
And I'm tired of it's design!
10. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6803; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Lighter dont mean crap. It will still look the same. No matter how light nor small
15. CreeDiddy (Posts: 361; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Have you heard of iOS 7 coming out shortly and Jailbreaking methods for customization. You are too worried about the look of the OS rather than simplicity and functionality. I have played on many Android tablets and they are still uninspiring. From the stretched apps and uneventful updates. They don't capture the unique feel and flow of a tablet that I would use long term. Again the build quality of Android tablets are not as impressive as any iPad that available today.
16. McLTE (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Hey.. guess what.. WHO GIVES A CRAP!?!
Another year.. another rehash. With how much Apple charges for these things.. they'd have to pull off something amazing before I'd ever consider owning one, let along upgrading every 8-12 mos.
Oh wait.. I'll NEVER own one! (though I do suffer with my 2 kids having them.. grrr)
24. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
you suffer with your 2 kids having them..............do they hit you with them?
how do them having ipads hurt you? and if it somehow does why let them have one
33. tbacba (Posts: 63; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
The real reason for the lighter weight is that the back will be made of "shiny, modern, aluminum". A design breakthrough.