iPad 3 specs comparison
0. phoneArena 07 Mar 2012, 14:13 posted on
And just like that, the new iPad has arrived. Not the iPad 3, not the iPad HD, as some believed the tablet would be called, but simply the new iPad. And boy does it specs sheet look cool! First, we have that amazing Retina display...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. e.wvu (unregistered)
i like how Phonearena just put "yes" on the front facing camera part on the spec sheet.
9. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
It's not PhoneArena, krApple refuses to publish the FFC specification; it's the same way on krApple's websiTe.
24. coy2013 (Posts: 10; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Oops sorry i accidentally hit the thumbs down :( i meant thumbs up :)
2. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I have yet to see the performance of K3V2 quad-core 1.5GHz.
25. dr.cyber (Posts: 14; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
ok after the gpu bench you can see that the a5(not even 5x) crush tegra in open gl 2.0,http://www.inspiredgeek.com/20
now its the time to buy new ipad
30. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
The four-core GPU of the new iPad sure is something. But I'd like to see the performance of the entire SoC first.
3. dr.cyber (Posts: 14; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
wow i only now understood why its a a5x processor= arm(a) x=10+5=15 then it come to A-15 FROM ARM hhhh nice
8. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
the processor in the "new ipad" is cortex A-9.
18. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its the exact same processor with minor tweaking. maybe they clocked it over 800mhz? lol. now.... with a 1ghz dual core!! no.. more than likely they bumped it to 1.2 to 1.4 to compensate for the higher resolution.
22. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Yeah, it's more likely to be at 1.2 or 1.4 otherwise it'll surely lag because of it's resolution alone.
27. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5673; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it has a PowerVR SGX543MP4. let me repeat that, an MP...4. the new iPad will probably have the best GPU for the rest of the year.
28. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Yeah you're right. Would you know how many cores the GPU have? I think it's four but not really sure.
Would be sweet to have the PowerVR SGX543MP4 on a
31. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
powervr is a great gpu, no doubt. still dont know why Sammy moved away from them.
the gpu is quad core, the CPU is the same dual core in the last iPad/ i4s.
34. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5673; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, that's right. Apple would've killed it with a pair of A-15 cores. i'll bet the A6 will be Quad-Core though.
5. -box- (Posts: 3955; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
It's still a bigger ipod touch, so unless that changes, I'm still not interested.
Rumors that Acer will release $500 ultrabook though, those are quite interesting...
6. shadez10 (Posts: 408; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
i got my eyes on the Huawei MediaPad,.. very interesting device...
nothings changed on the ipad... apple is getting worst...
16. dr.cyber (Posts: 14; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
and i too,(only if to compare to gpu its mediapad 16 cores vs 4 ipad and 2 gb ram vs 1gb ipad) but ipad have a cool display and elegant style its hard to choose here need a graphic bench
7. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Interesting how Apple still refuses (iRefuses) to expressly stiPulAte the resolution and speciFiCation of the Front Facing Camera??????
10. yt6nin (Posts: 100; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
So Phonearena is taking Apple's claim of their new A5X cpu to be better than the Tegra 3 CPU??? I need benchmarks on this, numbers to back this "statement" from Apple, but regardless, I'm not planning on buying a tablet, especially iPad's, because they are so expensive!!! -_-
13. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I don't think Phonearena is taking Apple's claim. Afterall the article said "which Apple claims to be superior to the quad-core Tegra 3".
19. HTCFreak (Posts: 154; Member since: 17 Jul 2010)
the iPad costs just as much as the other tablets out there, so...
26. sgogeta4 (Posts: 393; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
and that's why they aren't buying a tablet at all...
11. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
What happened to ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T with 1.6 quad core? That should be on the list also.
12. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Dear Ghost Steve Job,
I hereby announce you that your fruit company which make overpriced products has totally gone out of control. Therefore i summon your immediate comeback from hell to earth so that you could fixed the new New iPad name.
14. PhoneCritic (Posts: 423; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
It seems about even with everyone else. I am waiting to see what Samsung brings out. I know that many hear will harp on Samsung. However, they are a major producer of OLED, LCD screens ( including the one the New iPad is sporting). So till Samsung response I will be waiting. Out of curiousity Samsung just filed Patents for flexible screens that bend and roll out to any size. Now that is Revolutionary. I expressed in another post that if the screen was HD RGB matrix Super Amoled plus then it will blow away everything. Lets wait and see.
20. quryous (banned) (Posts: 106; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Its obvious to me, they intend for everyone to change the name of their iFad 2 to iFad Classic, with a little swoosh below it! See, simple, as in simplton.
21. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
if Huawei packs a nice battery, i believe they might win in their first entry in the tablet market. they just need to get their name out to people!
23. Martine (Posts: 102; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Is it too hard for Phonearena to admit there is no iPad 3?
If apple is not ashamed to name it iPad why are trying to help the name?
33. cr4zyn1nj4 (Posts: 4; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
According to the Asus website, the Transformer Pad Infinity has a Micro SD reader in the pad and an SD reader in the optional mobile dock. Why does phonearena have it listed as "non-expandable"?