iPad 3 specs and release date: rumor round-up
0. phoneArena 06 Mar 2012, 05:57 posted on
Well, folks, it's once again the beginning of the year, which means we're once again close to witnessing the launch of another iPad. However, as always, Cupertino has done its best to keep any interesting details away from prying eyes, so we're pretty much left to deal with rumors and all kinds of other speculation...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
The only 'certain' thing about the new iPad s the higher res screen. Other than that, not even the name is certain, given the litigation v. Proview.
2. p0rkguy (Posts: 685; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
No, the only 'certain' thing about the new iPad is Siri.
4. bossmt_2 (Posts: 445; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Only thing certain about the iPad 3 is that it will sell like crazy cause who cares if something is just a giant iPod touch, GIMME GIMME GIMME
29. micahrahn (Posts: 8; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
I agree 100% with the Siri statement. I feel like the Ipad is outselling all other tablets and obviously the competion is not that demanding. I would like to see it look more like the Iphone 4, just to be able to see a physical difference.
3. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
i don't think Apple will have an iPad 2S this time simply because the iPad 2 is already an upgraded original iPad. Makes no sense to just upgrade it again.
17. ZayZay (Posts: 571; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
You realize Apple's version of "new" is just updating their old one right?
28. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I guess you havent heard of ICS.. Gingerbread+Honeycomb= ICS..
35. ZayZay (Posts: 571; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
That's what all OS's do though.
I was talking more in the sense of hardware.
45. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
I guess you haven't heard about ios5: ios1 + postcard app + android notification bar with clueless weather info and no quick access to radios.
5. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
I dont know whats more annoying....
1. The endless parade of Apple rumors
2. The regular idiots who continue to come on ever single artical phonearena posts just to bash Apple products and point out how Apple users are lossers and sheep!
6. protozeloz (Posts: 5393; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
3. the endless haters in general bashing on everything is not their brand
4. the people making all kinds of obvious predictions.
welcome to phonearena :P
41. cellgeek82 (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Dec 2009)
On point #3 about the people's "brand". You should read the book 'Brandwashed' by Martin Lindstrom. It will explain the psycology behind the brand madness. And you'll notice the ones that come on here and are clearly brandwashed.
38. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
One thing is to bash a half trilion rated company, another is to insult people doing that. Let people free themselves from the psychosis of the 21st century for just a moment. Sadly "bashing" Apple is coming up as last resource for whom don't want to be a part of a post-apocalyptic scenario where the mass is easily being drived by the hype of a thing.
This comes out also from a fear we're (even me) having by seeing what's happening - people unable to judge what's better and just going for what the mass is saying.
Don't worry: if a monopoly wish would come from G, I'll fear them aswell. At the moment their Motorola acquisition just serves as a shield from the annhillation of the technological freedom bringed by A.
49. max9777 (Posts: 77; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)
I am an apple user, and I agree with most people who bash on apple users that they are Losers and Sheep's.
For one majority of people don't even know why they want an apple product. They just get it, because its a hype.
I use my macbook air for school and my iphone for daily use. I thought of getting an ipad but at this point its pointless. Unless if its true that this summer the new updates for mac and IOS will work together where I can move my school stuff within the devices more efficiently, I might get one. But about 50% of the people who own these products are sheep's.
over the past 2 years I asked my college mates who have Ipad's on why they have them.. Response is: It's the best thing out there.. Ask them why? answer is just because...
Maybe that will be an insight why many people think that Apple users are sheep's.
7. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
'everyone is looking at 2048x1536 px, as this would double the pixel density of the screen'
That will never happen. Apple (or, iPomme) will only make marginalized changes; here are my predictions:
Screen Resolution - 1152 x 900 (and, the iShē€p will flock to it and swear publicly that anything higher is not needed because of Apple's LCD technology. Privately, they will be in their iHomes crying and planning on how they can save up for 'the next big upgrade iPad 4).
RAM - 768 MB (1GB will be saved for iPad 4)
CPU - A6 (the cheaper iNferiOr chipset as previously posted on PA)
Main Camera (Rear) - will be removed because iShē€p claim never to use it and, therefore, not important.
Front Facing Camera - 1.0 MP (will be upgraded to a full MegaPixel just to meet the standard measure so that people will stop referring to it as a 0.3 PixelAted iCam)
9. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
I am going to state the obvious here.. your a troll and a hater.
I am so sick of idiots like you who just bash others because they are fans of a product. Using remarks like iSheep and iPomme make you sound like a fanatic losser!
My new mission on this site is "Troll Hunting" and I am going to find every last one of you and call you out on it!
10. ilia1986 (unregistered)
You see, some of us - like me for example - actually have a reason for hating Apple. A legitimate one. When I bought the iPhone 4 - I was CERTAIN that in light of the insane Android popularity - Apple will follow suit and make the device much more user-customizable in iOS5. iOS 4 was a step in that direction. But no. That didn't happen. And ever since WWDC 2011 - I've started to admire Android, and loath Apple.
11. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
I used Blackberry for 4 years, I don't like them anymore because they're not even comparable to Android/iOS but I don't hate them or bash them. I'm disappointed and I'm switching soon to a full touch screen. There are ways and ways to show your disappointment but hate is not necessary. Just my 2 cents.
13. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Main difference: you have the ability to switch. Many do not.
16. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
Can you explain why many don't have the ability to switch? If you're talking about corporate folks using BB, they use it for a reason and that's emails.
21. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I'm talking about a relatively old smartphone called the SGS2 - which costs 2,400 NIS off contract (~650$), or ~ 250 NIS (68$) of MONTHLY payments on contract, not including paying 80 NIS (~22$) every month as well for 19 more months for my iPhone 4.
So it's either 650$ or 80$ monthly. In short - this stuff is uber expensive. That's why I can't switch.
25. dreammixer (banned) (Posts: 81; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
You can sell your iPhone 4 which I'm sure will cover most of that cost.
27. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Nope. The most I can sell it for is 2000 NIS. That's ~540$. I still gotta pay for it 22$ per month for 19 more months. That's 418$. I will be left with 120$ at most. That's barely enough to buy a Nokia S40 phone.
19. dreammixer (banned) (Posts: 81; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
1. It is stupid of you to get an Apple product thinking you can customize it. Since the beginning of Apple they have limited customization.
2. If you're unhappy with Apple policy there's a big world out there. Get android, blackberry, windows, bada etc. trolling Apple articles is pointless and makes you look bad.
24. ilia1986 (unregistered)
1. Look at iOS 4. It increased the amount of stuff you could customize on the iPhone. That was a step in the right direction. I believed due to the insane popularity of Android that Apple will allow much much more customization in iOS 5. That's why I bought the iPhone 4. So no - it's not stupid. Just an unfortunate buying decision on my part.
2. Look at my above post.
39. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
Still I don't find that a legitimate reason to hate and bash a Company publicly, it's childish. After all it's not that you're using a piece of crap, I'm sure you can survive until you can afford another high end phone, I know life it's tough.....
40. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I am doing that based on some crazy theory that *companies need to listen to their consumers*. Maybe someone @ Apple reads my posts. Maybe I'm not the only one in this situation, Maybe - just maybe - they will make things right in iOS 6.
12. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
'iDiOts'; it's iDiOts, not idiots (learn to iSpell).
You got iPomme and iShē€p right, though; but, you already knew that (since you can iDentiFy with the latter)....
Apple = ‰
14. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
lol... my mispelling is all you have?
My spelling may be off but your still a troll and a hater!
Your problem is your offended when others like something you dont.. This is why you feel the need to post negative comments directly at Apple users and not Apple products!
15. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
That's where I say you're projecting (or, in this case, iProjecting) because my comments are always directed at Apple and not its' users. Re-Read my post above (regarding my prediCtiOns).
18. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
wow just wow, this is more childish than south park, the thing is i love south park, im sure if you look at my past post my hate for apple is obvious but arguing over at least 15 comments is ridiculous
20. dreammixer (banned) (Posts: 81; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
You hate a technology company? What's ridiculous is trolls on every Apple article all day every day.
22. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
i hate them because they don't let anyone customize anything, the app store is locked down, and they are overpriced
26. dreammixer (banned) (Posts: 81; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Then you don't buy Apple it's that simple. It's their product and they can run their app store anyway they want. If Apple is overpricing or making a bad product then people will stop buying it.
I think the real issue here is you hate them because they're popular and successful. Being a hater is a rough way to go through life.
23. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
So... I reread your post and its still comes off as trolling... Using words like "iSheep" defines users not company or product.
I would have respected your post more if you left out the extended comments using the letter "i" after each word.
30. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
dave, you just cant talk to these people. when i see a troll baiting an argument i just post:
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL
and move on.
32. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1705; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
srsly dave, trolling the trolls? real original and will most likely get YOU banned. You're wasting your breath bro.
34. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Your right. Sometime I just cant hold back and have to let out my fustrations on these trolls. I guess I should save my breath... It just goes on death ears anyway.
31. Kalevro (Posts: 56; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
Please quad-core Pshh! :D
Apple won't get to there in 2 years :D
Don't make me laugh !
36. thebikerboi2 (Posts: 144; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
@Kalevro haters gonna hate, but however apple have had a quad core processor in testing for some time now, it really isn't unlikely that they could use a quad core processor in the iPad 3/2s. If it is dual core the cores probably would be ARM Cortex-A15. But one thing is definet about the A6 and that's it's boost in the graphics core.
42. corrifa (Posts: 34; Member since: 28 Sep 2011)
My guesses on the iPad 2S/3 are...
1. a relativley new design... theyll probably make it lighter
2. The A6 processor, either like 1.6GHz Dual core or 1.3 GHz quad.
3. A resolution of 1280x800
4. An even better GPU
5, more then 1Mp cam on the back...
I don't hate apple, I had the 3gs but started to realize i wanted to customize more..
To each there own...
The iPad is still king of Tabs... and IOS is king of Phone games.
43. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
iCan't wAiT for tomorrow; the iShē€p will fiNally be able to get some iSleep.
And, for the record:
'next-gen iPad will drop the physical home button in favor of a capacitive one'.......
my Evo 4G had a capacitive home button, capacitive menu button, capacitive back button and capacitive search button; and, all in June of 2010.
44. PhoneFanatic92 (Posts: 11; Member since: 31 Jan 2011)
if the front and back of a phone is not the same color than its stupid.