iPad 3 can run for 9 hours straight on LTE. Here's why
0. phoneArena 07 Mar 2012, 16:43 posted on
While checking out the hardware specs of the new iPad, we noticed that it comes with a 42.5Wh (watt-hour) battery. That is nearly twice the capacity of the iPad 2's battery cell, which is rated at 25Wh...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
Well that is impressive no matter how you look at it.
2. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
it still only gets 10hrs on wifi. which means no improvement at all in battery life in an entire year.
30. galaxyisking (Posts: 58; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
WTH IS THE IPAD 3. I THOUGHT IT WAS THE NEW IPAD.
33. jove39 (Posts: 1588; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Dude...I am not Apple fanboy(I kinda hate iOS)...but give credit where it is due-
1. Highest pixel density display in tablets.
2. Quad-core gpu...Nvidia Tegra3 doesn't compare to SGX543MP2 let alone SGX543MP4.
3. Read post title again..."iPad 3 can run for 9 hours straight on LTE"...you notice word LTE? wifi and LTE are diff as you may know.
34. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
dude... i know how to read.
ipad 2 gets 10hrs battery life on wifi w/25Whr battery
new ipad gets 10hrs battery life on wifi w/42.5Whr battery
that is bad in my book.
48. shabbir_ene (Posts: 10; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
I recently bought ipad3 and the battery life is awesome. The tab runs butterly smooth and the display is pretty good
36. c.hack (Posts: 595; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
The tablet has many more pixels to control as well as a much more powerful GPU.
40. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
the new GPU is actually supposed to use less power than the gpu on the ipad 2.
45. stealthd (Posts: 1067; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Yeah, on the same work load, not when it's pushing 4x the pixels.
49. shabbir_ene (Posts: 10; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
You got retina display,quad core gpu,1gb ram,5mp camera and will get Siri with ios 6... What else u want
3. Schuler28 (Posts: 26; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Haha what a fail Apple. If i had an iPad 2 i see no upgrade it still has Dual core what's up with that. Resoloution sounds good but when I look at my Asus Transfromer Prime I do't see it pixelated. But whatever some people will wast $500 on this device but I ain't one and still 30fps? My Asus pulls 60fps, Apple you better have good advertising if you want people to buy this.
12. ghostnexus (Posts: 96; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Of course people are going to buy it, it is by Apple.
4. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
"the new iPad can deliver 10 hours of continuous use on a single charge".
the ipad 2 also lasts 10 hrs on a charge.
the Acer ICONIA TAB A700 lasts 10 and a half hours.
10 hrs isnt revolutionary it is standard.
5. andro. (Posts: 1994; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
It is apparently when it comes to being a feature in an apple product
6. phonton (Posts: 65; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
lol !! very true.. Apple fanboys will believe that its a revolution!
8. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
we dont believe is a revolution.. only you guys... not one Apple consumer has said is a revolution... only the haters..
13. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
articles that say stuff like:
"the new iPad can deliver 10 hours of continuous use on a single charge... How could that be possible?"
make it sound revolutionary. as if 10 hrs was never possible before.
15. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
that is for the people that ask.. "how many hours canI get on a single charge?".. is called information.. at least thats how i took it
16. GeekMovement (Posts: 2109; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
9-10 hour of battery usage is actually rather nice when the resolution/screen display, camera, and mostly all of the features are upgraded.
and there are some big upgrades from the previous ipad.. but i'll still wait til the next galaxy tab. This years galaxy tab 2 was rather honestly disappointing.
47. xvengence42 (Posts: 20; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
well android still has yet to make a device that can even make it through a day without being charged. except the droid maxx but they had to overhaul the battery to get it to that point.
7. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Everything Apple does is a revolution! How dare you speak blasphemy! /sarcasm
14. ghostnexus (Posts: 96; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
The new iPad sucks just wait till Asus release their next tablet, it will destroy the iPad. The Transformer prime already gets 12+ without the dock, which adds an extra 6 hours. And Its Quad Core.
24. darkkjedii (Posts: 17572; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
What's the benefits of quad core that u won't get with dual that's properly optimized for the software. I'll tell u. Not one. Quad core isn't even saturated I to the market yet,just a few devices have em. People want usability,performance,and dependability. Not quad core. Lmao it's quad core... Shutup!
35. ghostnexus (Posts: 96; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
First off that has nothing to do with the article. And I was talking about how it affects battery life, nothing to do with the iPad's usability,performance,and dependability. And to be honest Quad Core makes multi-tasking snappier, with one core without hyper threading the Os can only process one task at a time so add more cores more multitasking.
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 17572; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqquuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddd cccccccccccooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee quad core qcqcqcqc
37. c.hack (Posts: 595; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Just like the Xoom killed the iPad?
The droidblets are a joke at best. $500 for sluggish, buggy and clumsy tablets with no decent apps. Why do you think after more than a year they are all flops.
42. xtian1103 (Posts: 363; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
i think i've read that phrase " it will destroy the IPad " over a million times! 2012 and still doesn't sell well against a kindle fire let alone the ipad!
22. Schuler28 (Posts: 26; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Asus transformer prime last 12 hours pretty revoluitionary haha
9. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 462; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
And yet they still follow apples every move.
11. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Samsung is waiting to check out iPad 3 specs. so Samsung can upgrade Galaxy Tab 11.6 to be more powerful tablet in the World.
17. GeekMovement (Posts: 2109; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
samsung doesn't have to wait to check out the new ipad specs to make theirs better, they already have the potential to do it.
31. -box- (Posts: 3984; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Isn't the A5 a Samsung design anyway?
You'd think they'd keep something better than the Exynos for themselves as good as the A5 (and A5X) are
28. taco5.0 (banned) (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I agree Samsung is already working on putting out their next copycat tablet
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 17572; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ghost nexus says quad core quad core quad core quad core quad core. Lmao quuuuuuuaaaaaaaad coooooooooooooorrrrrrre!!!! Q u a d c o r e quadious coreous quad core qqqqqqqqquuuuuuuuaaaaaaadddddd cccccooooorrrrrreeeee qc qc qc lmao
27. taco5.0 (banned) (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
The new iPad crushing android tablets in battery life...
29. -box- (Posts: 3984; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
So now girth is a good feature that you don't mind about? You have consistently docked points on reviews and comparisons for fractions of an inch and grams of difference, but the ipad gets a pass? Weak.
32. -box- (Posts: 3984; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I think the article could have been a lot shorter. "The new ipad can run 9 hours on LTE! Its battery is really really big, and the new ipad is fatter and heavier as a result"
38. joseg81 (Posts: 183; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
damn i counted 30 articles about the same device that still looks exactly like the other 2 it replaced it's so new and sooo different..... lol what a joke it doesn't even stand alone as a product ur still handcuffed to itunes like evry other iTurd. what a freaking joke. n the biggest joke is the all new logo lol it's the same symbol with the sense background copied n pasted inside of it.
39. moronman66 (Posts: 160; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
I'm quite the opposite of an Apple fan at all ( I truly despise them), but I will be polite and say nice job for now. I actually can't believe people call that a revolution of any sort... But, that's beside the point, does anyone know the speed of the new A5X processor? I know its dual-core.
And for darkkjedii, i'm just saying, if you read this, its the potential that a quad core has, soon it will be standard and they are ahead of the game for now
41. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Nothing special here in my book. Nexus tablet here I come. Perfect item to add to my Galaxy Nexus.
43. Hello-dirt (Posts: 102; Member since: 02 May 2010)
To add to the noise: There are multiple tablets that beat/kill the Ipad as well as android phones that outdo the iphone. What many of these androids may not do for a while is outsell the iproducts. The many android products already killed the iproducts, but like Weekend at Berney's, Apple keeps dragging a dead product around and millions of consumers keep buying into the idea that it is fresh and new.
44. shabbir_ene (Posts: 10; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
i feel this is the best upgrade from apple after not so impressive specs of ipad2...