iOS is more vulnerable than Android but hackers try attacking Google’s platform more
0. phoneArena 16 Apr 2013, 06:13 posted on
You’ve seen the malware reports and you’ve heard about it - Android is the most attacked platform by crackers...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4835; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
"iOS is more vulnerable than Android" - WRONG
I still love Android and Google and I love that Android cute little fella! :)
I love Apple too, especially the Japanese Fuji Apple, sweet and juicy! :)
5. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 491; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
i like fuji apples also. sometime attacked by worms. :)
7. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4835; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Sometime attacked by worms?
Never mind, we still have Granny Smith! :)
6. SuperNexus (Posts: 111; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
You have any particular reason to believe that??????
They have must conducted some research and on the basis of that they come to this conclusion.
10. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4835; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Actually, iOS and Android is vulnerable, if we need to answer that, we can say that both of them are the same!
So, one more time, "iOS is more vulnerable than Android". - WRONG
Hackers have hacked before iOS too! So, in my opinion, Android and iOS is the same, they are vulnerable!
No more......no less......both are the same!
18. grahaman27 (Posts: 239; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
they are not the same.
iOS is more vulnerable, the fact that they can jailbreak iOS before it officially comes out says something. iOS was not built for security but it has not mattered because of how close systemed it is.
whereas android is open, thus it needs to be more secure. and it is. EVERY APP RUNNING IS SANDBOXED, apps declare what they are going to do before you let them do it (even malware). full filesystem encryption is possible, all these things must be done because of how open android is.
ios has more vulnerabilities, but is less vulnerable.
20. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1471; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
WRONG! Do you have any data to support they are "the same"? No two OS's are alike.
21. SuperNexus (Posts: 111; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Again whom to believe
You or Symantec
I'll go with Symantec.
11. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4835; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Please read the comment #10, if you don't know what I mean!
19. Zero0 (Posts: 561; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
No. iOS has more holes. Android's are probably more likely to be exploited because of how apps are installed.
Believe it or not, even though "Macs don't get viruses," Windows 7/8 are more secure than OS X. Microsoft worked really hard to secure the OS, while Apple has largely banked on no one wanting to exploit Mac OS. It's largely the same deal with Android and iOS, as I see it.
23. nanbanda (Posts: 17; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
"IOS" by fact know to be closed system, yet its valnerable... well you start to ask the question again, so whats the point of being closed. oh then again oops..., its a redundant system, no bodies bothered to disturb a small time player..
2. itsjustJOH (Posts: 67; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
They can only obtain Facebook and Instagram accounts from iOS users anyway.
3. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
no, deal with teh fact iOS is a security disaster:
"iPhones most vulnerable among smartphones"
"Apple iOS Apps Leak More Personal Info Than Android"
"40% of iOS apps invade your privacy without permission, reveals app before getting pulled"
"How Apple and Amazon Security Flaws Led to My Epic Hacking"
"Apple censoring iCloud emails and attachments"
"IPHONE APPS ACCEPTING SELF-SIGNED SSL CERTIFICATES"
bit [dot] ly/RYzOPP
realy, iConboards are vulnerable even inferior
22. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
ok, you've got me....but no wonder I assumed an iToy's fan were st*pid, they are usually very nicely brainwashed :)
4. SuperNexus (Posts: 111; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
No wonder hackers want to attack more on Android, Android is market leader in smartphone OS.
and it is one of disadvantage of being in Top position
9. sam_tek (Posts: 62; Member since: 18 Feb 2011)
same reason why there are more trojans targeting Windows instead of OSX.
12. procopiojose (Posts: 132; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
no one wants to make malwares for iDevices.. malwares might get infected by ios' boring functionality and ui.. duh..
24. yajia1 (Posts: 104; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
Of course. iOS is boring. People with iphones rarely even do any jailbreaking.