iOS: State of the Platform part 2 - Market share and iOS 8
0. phoneArena 28 Feb 2014, 15:22 posted on
First, we took a look back at how iOS looked in 2013, and now it is time to take a look ahead at what is in store for Apple's platform in 2014. Starting off, we'll take a look at Apple's market share issues, and what we know (and can expect) from iOS 8...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
I like iOS as it is....I can change everything with cydia and that's good and that's why adding some features will not be a deal breaker...I want them to come up with a ui like sailfish ubuntu or bb10 and more importantly increase the size of iPhone...it's not just the software it's the hardware well and apple integrates all beautifully but times have changed and so have needs...they need to use thier integration on different scales
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Example of self-contradiction.
First you say:
"I like iOS as it is..."
And then you say:
"I can change everything with cydia and that's good and that's why adding some features will not be a deal breaker..."
And then even more:
"I want them to come up with a ui like sailfish ubuntu or bb10..."
3. phonemonkey (Posts: 168; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
he waited forever for a jailbreak just so he could like his iphone
5. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Its called reality sweep. People can be satisfied with an OS and still want better features duh! how's that a contradiction?
Expectations doesn't always surmount to dissatisfaction.
More later ...;)
13. hurrycanger (Posts: 1494; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
I'm not a big fan of Apple, you but do speak the truth. :D
4. twens (Posts: 843; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
+1 to you. Iphone guys are so hilarious.lol
They need jailbreak just to enjoy their expensive phones
6. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
No that's called rooting on droids without which the phone is just a piece of junk except for vanilla droid of course.
14. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
i use a nexus 4 not an iphone!
and even if you want to explore more features on android you have to root it!
7. xnakelx (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
Well, i dont see what's funny about that. Some Andoid Users need their Android Phone to be rooted before they can get maximum enjoyment out of it. All the guy was saying is that he likes his IPhone the way it is BECAUSE one of its features ( unintended) is that it can be jailbroken which is why he likes it the way it is.
10. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I actually want any phone that I own to be open - unlocked software, bootloader, etc....it is my phone and I want to do as I please with it....
8. SAO101789 (Posts: 123; Member since: 10 Feb 2014)
I have a iphone because of all of my media of itunes. If it wasn't for that I would be going to WP. I love their metro look:3
16. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
you can still use iTunes and have a windows phone. except for music purchased when iTunes had DRM, all music can be simply dragged and dropped from the file explorer. or accessed from the windows phone app and put on a wp device. now movies and tv shows are a little different because of drm. but if you start getting these movies from somewhere else you can put them on windows phone, and if they happen to be mp4 format they can go to iTunes as well. if not you can always convert them. handbrake works wonders.
11. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Yeah, the wife got her ipad mini 2, which is very nice, I will admit, as it is a nice upgrade over Apple's very first tablet. But, the OS puts me to sleep....
12. SAO101789 (Posts: 123; Member since: 10 Feb 2014)
Same here. Apple need to add a more android or windows experience to it's OS. It's at it's limit
18. werthedroids (Posts: 60; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Yup. And it's made by guys with puny d!x.
17. werthedroids (Posts: 60; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
I wonder just how badly it will suck this year. And what they will copy off of Android.