iOS Maps will be great for Apple (and Android users too)
0. phoneArena 27 Sep 2012, 17:13 posted on
We’ve all had a good laugh over the past week after seeing the troubles that users have had with Apple’s new Maps app in iOS. But, we just want to say one more thing on the topic, because Apple's decision will be great for the company, and may be great for you too (even if you're an Android or Windows Phone user)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
51. mcart123 (Posts: 9; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
If I understand correctly, you mean that Apple Maps is too for competition so it can enhance our mapping experience.
Wow what a concept, but isn't Apple filing lawsuits all over the place to stop people from enhancing Smart Phone Experience, or did I miss that one.
54. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I doubt Apple will get close to the greatness of Google Maps in 5-7 years
61. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2700; Member since: 26 May 2011)
that's why I was careful to use the word "possible". sure, it's possible that Apple Maps could get as good as Google Maps on a long enough time scale, but I wouldn't say it's likely.
62. JunkCreek (Posts: 407; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
the suing too over used. scroll bar, grid icons, icons it self. so it is right too for others to over used it.
63. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2700; Member since: 26 May 2011)
There are reply buttons on each comment. If you want to respond to someone, click that, not the "post comment" button with an @mention.
66. Rexperia (Posts: 133; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
i think apple desperately needed to gain their resources n think about the innovation other than suing here, there and everywhere...just remember! arrogancy is always loose eventually...
67. JunkCreek (Posts: 407; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
I'm sorry. I'd like to use that reply button. But unfortunately I live in a "world" that has only a verry slow connection that force me can only use Operamini to browse this our lovely page PhoneArena that didn't support reply button for Operamini browser. So, i use a very old "system" to mention to who I reply. Sorry MichaelHeller.
68. hinz10 (Posts: 15; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
It will take 2 to 3 years for apple to catch up. Sadley Google and Nokia would have moved on.
69. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 884; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Great article. I agree with everything that was said. Apple needs to tone down its hubris and this competition will hopefully benefit all of us.
70. DFranch (Posts: 198; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
"Apple would have had to assign developers to take time away from an Apple product in order to update an app that directly supports a competitor’s product"
How about to support your loyal customers? wouldn't that have been a nice idea! They only have like 100 billion in the bank, I think they can afford a couple of developers.
74. bklm1234 (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
Will Applie Maps be released outside of iOS? I think not. How's that gonna benefit Android, or Windows 8?