iOS Installous shuts down, but other third-party app catalogs appear requiring no jailbreak
0. phoneArena 02 Jan 2013, 06:53 posted on
Software piracy is definitely not a good thing, but having a restricted marketplace can also be an annoying prospect for those spending hundreds of dollars on devices and expecting…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Don't know whether it's good for customers or not... But to me, I never jailbreak nor download the third party apps... All original and paid apps :)
3. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 703; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
people love JB. (not justin B.) jailbreak
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
But not me, don't get me wrong, you have to know that every iDevice is not cheap, and I don't wanna brick it just like that :(
8. m.garz (Posts: 61; Member since: 08 Oct 2010)
if u know what you're doing then you won't have to worry about bricking your device
16. shirtlessrabbit4 (Posts: 39; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
He is right. Actually no matter what you do to any I device, you can still set in dfu mode, and manually install the right ipsw file so in essence its impossible to brick anyways.
23. luffybill (Posts: 14; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
because iDevice is not cheap so i want all the tweaks like bitesms, sbsettings, mini banner etc because for me, default iOS is worse than android, bbOS, and windows phone. i've been using iphone 3g and iphone 4 and still work fine (always jailbreak whenever is possible)
7. OHaZZaR (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
I thought it stood for Jelly Bean, which I love.
20. johnnh (Posts: 37; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
people love jelly bean, smooth and no need to hack even no need to root for most stuff.
22. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 194; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
It's funny how you get so many thumbs down for just expressing your opinion haha
24. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 864; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
It wasn't an opinion, merely a stupid comment. But that's just my opinion.
2. maxis3G (unregistered)
26. eyad_996 (Posts: 29; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)
Oh, you poor iPeople!
We 'Android-ers' won't -and never will- care about third-party app stores shutting down, we search Google for the app's apk and that's it!
5. dsDoan (Posts: 219; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
How can stagnant forums be difficult to moderate? A stagnant forum would be the easiest type of forum to moderate.
12. k4j98 (Posts: 60; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
Stagnant in that there is no new information coming in. When all topics get diluted by people fighting or high jacking.
6. tedkord (Posts: 4933; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
How do you install the apps that allow third party installations without jail breaking? Surely Apple doesn't allow them in the app store.
9. JunkCreek (Posts: 403; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
now, more ios user, more ios fv¢k up. they soon facing hordes of installous and pishing apps and malware and soon. the more the tree grow, the more the winds blow. too strong, the tree will break eventually, to soft, the tree will bent in badly shape... bent... gosh...
10. alaahershy (Posts: 34; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
bye bye Installous, we wil never forget you
11. techspace (Posts: 685; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Kuaiyong is completely free......we get all the apps, but, will the apps come with malware?
13. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Damn. Am sure as hell glad that I got myself a Galaxy S3: D
Blackmart ftw!! :D
14. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
RIP Installous.......... Jailbreak community will miss you......... :(
I know piracy is wrong, and not good for any ecosystem, but I mostly used installous for testing the apps. before purchasing it from app store, because majority of paid apps on app store don't come with trial........
15. lilg29 (Posts: 89; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
Installous started dying out anyway, luckily I use my phablet but installous you will be missed.
17. marques1034 (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
I've bought many apps from apple store ! It's a pity we cannot have a chance to decide wether we buy it or not! Coz many of them were money Thrown in a trash. I got friends who would never buy illegal apps! But what is it illegal !? This is stupid ! I want to break free ! Decide whatever I buy or don't ! It was much more funnier ! I would decide if it was worth buying it!
18. JunitoNH (Posts: 925; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Now, no one wants to admit they are a pirate, argh!!!!!!!
19. legend1 (Posts: 102; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
i was actually suprised a cuople of days ago when i launched installous and it gave an error i was like wtf!!!????
21. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1239; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Good sign that all the modders and hackers are leaving Apple's platform. My Verizon Note 2 (with locked bootloader) was cracked wide open in less than 2 weeks. And I don't have one stolen app on my phone. It's all about making the phone better in the eyes of people that care.