iOS App Store having issues updating apps (Gmail the cause?)
0. phoneArena posted on 04 Dec 2012, 17:10
We got a couple messages saying that you guys were having issues updating Gmail for iOS, which just got some cool new features, and it seems that the issue is more widespread than that and many App Store users are having trouble updating apps...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Katrina posted on 04 Dec 2012, 17:14 9
title kind of misleading "iOS App Store having issues updating apps (Gmail the cause?)"
i thought all apps in Apples App store is having issues because Gmail is causing it.
when your first sentence is "We got a couple messages saying that you guys were having issues updating Gmail for iOS"
just saying ~
4. rusticguy posted on 04 Dec 2012, 17:25 2
Agree. Title is misleading. maybe a thing done on purose. Dr Mercola is famous for attracting eyebals with controversial titles of articles that he writes on his site :)
6. MichaelHeller posted on 04 Dec 2012, 17:26 2
If you had made it to the third paragraph, you would have seen that people think the updated Gmail app is causing the problems
18. thelegend6657 posted on 04 Dec 2012, 21:27 4
He is saying your article title is misleading .
You say that your point is in the 3rd paragraph only !
So you are basicaly agreeing that your title is misleading ?
7. Brewski posted on 04 Dec 2012, 17:53 6
I thought the exact same thing.
Michael H, shame on you. "If you had made it to the third paragraph..." The article is only three paragraphs long! The readers shouldn't have to read the entire article only to find out it's true meaning has changed. If that's what you have to do to get people to read your articles then maybe you should improve your writing skills or find better topics to write about.
11. Izzy_V posted on 04 Dec 2012, 18:27 1
Be careful! He won't hesitate to make an article about misleading titles and make it look like he's right because he wrote up a wall of text.
2. Izzy_V posted on 04 Dec 2012, 17:15 7
So it's either Google or apple's users? Must be Google, apple users are widely known for their high intellect and expertise of technology.
5. Hammerfest posted on 04 Dec 2012, 17:25 3
I haven't laughed at all this week... I thank you for the comedy bit.
The majority of Apple users I meet have ZERO knowledge of technology, so the comedy of your post isnt lost on me.
Thumbs up, because it doesn't matter if you where being serious or sarcastic, Apple users being high on intellect and having an expertise of technology, oh god, im laughing and getting stared at again...
17. AWiseGuy posted on 04 Dec 2012, 21:22 0
He was being sarcastic. Izzy's a fan of Android, if I remember from his previous posts.
3. darkkjedii posted on 04 Dec 2012, 17:20 1
It was the gmail app, it's fine now just updated it with no issue.
13. rusticguy posted on 04 Dec 2012, 19:21 1
Looks like you asked before posting. Doesn't Apple approves everything before it is available for downlaods? So answer should have been ask APPLE :)
14. protozeloz posted on 04 Dec 2012, 19:48 1
Why would I ask Google? Is not the play store ya know?
1. How is a single app capable of ruining it for the users? I know iOS does not have the same level of sandbox android has but should be able to stop a non system app from messing with core APS
2. How did it passed approval to begin with?
19. joey41 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 10:05 0
Was trying to check for updates in app store. Says cian't connect. But I could search apps!
& its after downloading new gmail.