iOS 7: release date and all the new features
0. phoneArena 17 Sep 2013, 07:56 posted on
Apple iOS 7 was a closely guarded secret that did not leak out until today, and even today’s leak was very slight. It definitely seems Tim Cook has indeed doubled down on secrecy…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
147. tedkord (Posts: 11996; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Actually, that new file transfer feature, Air Drop, that Apple announced is called Wifi Direct. The first phone to have it was the Galaxy S2 over two years ago. It\'s been on nearly every Android phone since.
4. ZeroCide (Posts: 777; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Apple innovation..... Taken from somewhere else and call it ours.
57. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Samsung took Google voice and call it S- Voice
65. MEeee (Posts: 352; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Have you heard of Voice Talk? It came out 1 year before Siri.
70. darkkjedii (Posts: 21794; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
His post said nothing about Siri. It said, and I do quote
"Samsung took Google voice and call it S- voice" end of quote.
94. ojdidit84 (Posts: 458; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
Which is still inaccurate because we all know that S-Voice is a pretty terrible ripoff of Siri.
99. darkkjedii (Posts: 21794; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yes it is. Google now is sweet though
149. iLover (unregistered)
95. Gatorsrule52 (Posts: 91; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
Actually S-voice came out as an alternative to siri. They took the idea of Google voice and expanded on it yes but I don't think you guys understand that s-voice is on Android. Google voice is on Android. Android allows this because android is open source and Manufacturers on Android can do things like this. What is great about android is the fact that you can use whatever option you are comfortable with
105. VZWuser76 (Posts: 4375; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
I mentioned this in one of Saturday's articles but I'll repeat it. Vlingo was first as far as digital assistant apps, sometime during 2010. Samsung's Nexus S from mid 2011 had it preloaded and somewhat integrated. S Voice is built off of Vlingo. As far as the name goes, look at Samsung's preloaded apps, S Voice, S Memo, etc. That's an easy way to identify their homebuilt apps, much as Apple uses an "i" before everything, Samsung uses an "S". So in reality Samsung's Nexus S had a digital assistant preloaded a full year before Siri was introduced. And it was available for download on Google Play (Android Market back then) 1.5-2 years before the i4s launched.
122. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
SIRI WAS PURCHASE by Apple. did u ever thought of that? they never created SIRI they purchase the company that created the VOICE
159. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Lies! If it had taken Google search (Google voice is a phone service) it would not suck...
174. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
and Apple purchase Nuance. THey never invented SIRI they just intergrated it.
83. frydaexiii (Posts: 1459; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Now now, don't go spoiling the fun for the cavemen who just discovered fire.
5. shamu11 (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
it looks like android...but really cramped and "busy"
63. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3927; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Well, the basic are still the same...but the tweaks are worth being liked.
67. darkkjedii (Posts: 21794; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
True that. I like how they stayed true to the basic iOS user experience but the tweaks are really nice though
6. Kreft (Posts: 84; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
Jesus this company still exists? Who buys iphones anymore lol? Eww. You couldn't pay me enough to use that garbage.
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 21794; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Millions do, and you know it. You probably own one, but you're afraid of the android fanboys backlash if you make it known. -1
24. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
The irony is, you're right. EVERYONE still owns an IPhone everywhere I look, if it's not the S4 it most definitely is the IPhone 4/4s and 5, 3 generations. I kinda like IOS 7 , who cares what the fanboys say?
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 21794; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly MistB. I know apple adopted some things from android, but in the end who cares. I credit android for pushing the envelope so far, and covering their bases so well that whatever someone does...it's android inspired. Oh well I love, and use both. Haters gonna hate!
31. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
You are a humiliation to PA and to the society...
Look it up on Google i$h€€p™®©
34. darkkjedii (Posts: 21794; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
By society do you mean android society, or society in general? Surely MistB can't be a humiliation to the general society for speaking the 100% spot on truth. I drive for county transit in the LV, and I constantly look at what people are talking on, and MistB is rite. If its not an s3, or s4 it's an iPhone model.
71. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
And all I've seen you do is troll Nokia and Windows phone 8 articles. You are a humiliation beyond society, Android troll. Hey, I'm an Android user too but be respectful of other peoples' opinions, it's called free speech for a reason. Because i happened to give compliments to I am an ISheep, Like I really care about your terminology toward me and what you assume what platform I like.