iOS 7: release date and all the new features
Now that you have a more concrete time frame, as far as iOS 7's release date is concerned, lets turn to the actual features of the new software. For starters, iOS 7 gets rid of the skeuomorphic design and exchanges it for a clean, modern look under new platform design chief Jony Ive. But it’s not just the looks. iOS 7 catches up with the competition and finally introduces true multitasking, and a brand new control center with quick access to toggles and music controls, and a new notification center.
All apps have been redesigned to match the new design language and you can take at our concise rundown of all the new features in iOS 7 right below.
Apple iOS 7: all the new features
5. New notification center: day overview
8. Camera gets 8 new filters: mono, tonal, noir, fade, chrome, process, transfer, instant
9. Photos now automatically organized
10. AirDrop: contact-less sharing nearby via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
16. Weather app with gorgeous animations
17. Calendar with no leather
19. The iOS 7 will arrive on iPhone 4 and later, iPad 2 and later, iPad mini and iPod touch 5th generation
21. The compass app has a level
22. Swipe down to access the search bar
23. The folders are bigger
24. Near me section added in the App Store
25. Contacts can be blocked
26. The clock icon actually moves
9. AnTuTu (Posts: 863; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
They wait and watch what other giants bring to the market. And then after couple of years they merge all those features together and say "Innovation".
What a shame.....
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 11769; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol yes a fanboy of tech. -2 rite back atcha
124. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
hey darkjedi if your a fanboy of tech then how do you prefer apple. Do you mean you a fanboy of lack of tech.
26. ZeroCide (Posts: 693; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
haters? haters of what? quit drinking the koolaid and eyes and see whats going on. Apple does not innovate!
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 11769; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I don't give a rats a$$ what they do, as long as they make what I like. And man I love koolaid, was raised up on that stuff. Grape, cherry, and tropical punch are my favs...what're yours?
41. darkkjedii (Posts: 11769; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's what I'm wondering ZeroCide. I didn't catch a hint of racism from you, and I sure as hell ain't racist.
53. darkkjedii (Posts: 11769; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Never mind?!! You make a profound statement like that, and all he gets is a never mind? C'mon Quezdagreat, please elaborate on this dude?
59. Quezdagreat (Posts: 427; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
I thought he was being racist when he brought up koolaid
61. ZeroCide (Posts: 693; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Go to wikipedia and type in: Drinking the koolaid. This will educate you more on that. Next time you call someone racist make sure it is.
68. darkkjedii (Posts: 11769; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Without google it just hit me. Jim Jones believers,rite?
135. tedkord (Posts: 4922; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Jim Jones is what I\'ve always known the statement to be about. Zealots standing in line to be served what they\'re told to take even if it\'s bad for them.
How is Kool aid a racist term? I come from a pretty racist town, thought I\'d heard all the phrases, but I\'ve never heard anything about Kool aid. BTW, I loved Kool aid as a kid, but not so much now. Too sweet.
69. Quezdagreat (Posts: 427; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions, I have heard of the term. I am black and when someone brings koolaid into the convo, it's usually to be racist
73. darkkjedii (Posts: 11769; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I've had that done to me a lot, but he didn't meant it that way.
133. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5480; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I agree that in the world still exist such problem like a racism, but in our days some people tend to cry about racism even if in certain situation there is no racism at all. Also some people tend to manipulate by crying about racism, it is just pathetic! In such way they just attract negativity to their race.
72. darkkjedii (Posts: 11769; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I think he was referring to Jim Jones the cult leader.
92. ZeroCide (Posts: 693; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
That is where that reference started. There have been other cults that drunk the kool-aid.
Like the Apple one :)
35. ZeroCide (Posts: 693; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
From all your postings around here it seems like you do give a rats a$$. You seem to be constantly defending apple for their shadely business practices. I too like koolaid mine is tropical punch made by kraft foods. Its good as long as long as its not the apple flavor that most isheep seem to drink.
39. darkkjedii (Posts: 11769; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol apple flavor. +1 I caught that, I appreciate good humor. Seriously though, I care what my job does, they pay me quite well. I have no stake in apple, nor am I employed by them. They are however one heckuva company. I also admire Cook for the tremendous amount of pressure that dudes under, having taken over for a great and brilliant icon in Jobs. This is grown man talk, not fanboyism hate. Recognize son.
50. darkkjedii (Posts: 11769; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
+1. I'm still waiting for dude to tell us how we're racist Zero. From our posts we were just raggin' on each other lol
51. ZeroCide (Posts: 693; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Yup i still wanna know how we were being racist!!
136. tedkord (Posts: 4922; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I care what Apple does simply because it does affect me. Their legal tactics limit my choices (sometimes directly, when the sneak a ban into place), stifle innovation thus holding back the progression of tech, and drive up prices due to the legal costs. They\'re taking advantage of the broken patent laws, and while some say blame the system, my father taught me that just because you can do something doesn\'t mean you should. (My father is a much better man than Steve Jobs ever was).
Try to imagine the devices we might have now if not for Apples tantrums.
160. sniper1087 (Posts: 377; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
I am not sure if you are aware, but Cook mentioned that he will not be doing any suing for break of patents, and s far he kept his word, all the previous litigations are still on going but they were when jobs, was the head and yeah he had an issue with android of course, mostly samsung, and I do blame samsung, because they decided to copy apples design. Anyhow still waiting for this event to happen and see if they bring and "theres one more thing", I doubt it. Man got to love tech blogs, some do go a little overboard, I myself, used all of the OS and yes all the high end devices and I like all of them, they are all good in their own way and there are pros and cons for each. If you like something dont be ashamed and follow what other people say, just get what you want and enjoy it.
177. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6564; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
This is also why i hate APPLE. They try to ban every other competition out their. because they are afraid to loose any money. The law suit is a reason why we all hate APPLE. And Apple never invented the touch screen. they just reinvented the phone and now is afraid of competition buy BANNING or taking free money
55. darkkjedii (Posts: 11769; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lmao me too, and all that's in my fridge is water and damn diet root beer that my fiancé likes. YUCK YUCK AND MORE YUCK!!!
145. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
I thought you just got married?
182. reckless562 (Posts: 851; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
give ur fiance ur iphone and get a man phone. apple never changed the screen size so women can still hold the phone comfortably. think about that isheep
181. apple4never (Posts: 955; Member since: 08 May 2013)
i like the fruit punch and the blue one, cant remember the name, but oh was it good
110. therealestmc (Posts: 129; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Say what you want but they they are going in the right direction with their design.
165. appleDOESNT.com (Posts: 443; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
imo the blurry frosty glass effect that iOS7 is based on is sooo distracting and hard on the eyes that this one thing, besides it looking like a pastel colored bad android theme, will cause the most defections from beautiful, 7 years of familiarity in
120. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6564; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
and there's no such thing as innovation when it comes too them
163. sonisoe (Posts: 329; Member since: 06 May 2009)
ifanboys, you can still like what apple throws at you, and we're all even fine that apple use and make better others innovations...just dont shout and claim those innovations are originally theirs and start suing people for "cheap" tricks...pinch/zoom, multi-touch screen had been there in other forms before the iphone... apple attacking samsung/other oems for using the "bounce effect" at the end of scrolling when apple is now copying android's drop down notification, webOS's multi-tasking + also android's control center in iOS 7, heck even the old thread-sms of palm etc etc...this argument should also go to other oems who maybe thinking of following apple's path....look, some people maybe jealous of apple's success, but most are genuinely upset for the above reasons...in closing, i wanna reiterate, again, what steve jobs himself said, good artists copy, great artists steal ideals...
172. rite2hhh (Posts: 7; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
what about the numerous times when others did the same ?
189. darknetone (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
While I have to agree some of what is new in iOS7 is not innovative I would say that there is quite a bit that is. I would also say that Apple is far more innovative than Microsoft as a whole. MS simply aquires companies and patents, they innovate very little themselves.
...and no I am not a "fanboy" I am a realist.
48. AeroPrime (Posts: 155; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
iOS 7 copied windows phone and meego concept. LOL
109. amansingal14 (Posts: 289; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Looks like Sailfish, Ubuntu and WP merged to form a piece of crap that looks ugly as hell.
117. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
What the hell are you talking about? This article is about the IOS, which is a OS, you can´t compare a OS to a phone. I have not seen such a stupid comment in like ever. Such a nokia fan, you are sertainly paid by nokia.
By the way this new IOS is way better than WP 8. WP can be only better in that there are live tiles which some may like (not me) and that this new IOS is too much white everywhere.
And if Microsoft isn´t going to do something big with WP, it is going to lose a big market share.
And to everyone that says Apple just copied from other OS, ofcourse it had to be done. What did you expect, they had to catch up android.
And IOS 7 is coming to Iphone 4, but WP 8 couldn´t even come to WP devices from 2012.
118. OnlyiPhone (unregistered)
If you don't care why did you even open this post to comment. Why not go on a post about the Lumia phones and praise them. That would draw more attention to what you like then coming in a post saying nothing about a Lumia phone and bashing the phone its talking about ijs.
156. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
You must be really stupid comparing a device to an OS. And since I think you mean WP, then no, IOS 7 is way better than that piece of garbage. It doesn´t even have a notification centrum.
158. tigermcm (Posts: 725; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
Im trying to understand how windows is hated so much but ios7 took some of the modern looks from it, blinkfeed on htc is all the rave yet it comes from wp smh
164. zhiae (Posts: 177; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
no wait here is features
180. astroparthi (Posts: 24; Member since: 19 Nov 2009)
if u dont care...?! y the hell u r here...? go and check ur latest lumia line up...
2. MartianMe (unregistered)
Straight ripoff from android....google you should sue this f*cking company..
12. akbarkool (Posts: 42; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)
Most of it is from windows phone..
183. reckless562 (Posts: 851; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
they should all get together and sue apple at the same time for their individual thefts
44. sniper1087 (Posts: 377; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
huh? not really I dont get what you mean back when ICS got announced just around WebOS died and google took their swipe to remove running apps, just check HP Touchpad and you can see theyyy had that before google, the notifications maybe a little, but what is wrong with taking some ideas and improving on them, I think it looks great and yes I have an HTC One at the moment as well as an Ipad, and I used the Windows phone and besides the unlock feature things are different, you cant compare.
144. tedkord (Posts: 4922; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It doesn\'t matter where Apple copied it from, every new bit of IOS is copied. It\'s the sort of thing Apple and it\'s diehard fans whine about when others do it to a much smaller extent, then go silent when Apple does full clone. It\'s called hypocrisy.
121. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6564; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
youre right they keep stealing ideas right from Android
3. olegarda (Posts: 5; Member since: 20 May 2013)
samdung phones can be touched on the tip to transfer pictures (wheeeeeee!!)