iOS 7 may offer 120fps slo-mo video recording
0. phoneArena 09 Jul 2013, 15:01 posted on
Another iOS 7 beta means more possible features that weren't announced at WWDC, but may be planned for future iOS devices. This time around, there are indications that Apple could be planning to include 120fps slo-mo video recording in a future device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ZeroCide (Posts: 700; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
If that video was filmed with an iphone it would probably not be as good. The Panasonic Lumix FZ series is one of the best cameras.
8. zhiae (Posts: 180; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
hmmmm im just saying does youtube plays 60fps ???
9. zhiae (Posts: 180; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
i dot think that software can place hard ware it is hardware more than software cortixz a6 dual ??
2. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Didn't OPPO Find 5 have 120fps slow motion recording?
3. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 218; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Really like the new features on the iOS 7 like the 3D wallpapers and this new slo-mo feature
11. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
So you and anyone who gives you the green thumb up are essentially saying you like Android because those features are already available. I like how the flock still believes Apple is always on the forefront of innovation.
12. bucky (Posts: 1574; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
He didn't say anything about being at the forefront did he? Just talking about the new features of his ios of choice. Is ios yours if you're here or just trolling?
13. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
He didn't need to say it. It's a pretty good assumption that he's another flock member based on the fact that he already likes the new feature before he has even had a chance to play around with the new OS. Just as my asumption that you are also a fanboy because you seem a little butthurt from my comment which is correct. =D
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 12621; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
But you're a fanboy too, just from camp android. The definition revolves around a male who obsesses. You obsess about android, and you also obsess about iOS users. Ergo fanboy...butthurt fanboy.
19. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
I'm a tech fanboy not just Android. I prefer android but I own a little of everything Nexus 10, Note 2, Lumnia 920. I gave my kids a Nook HD because of the value but they used to have a BB playbook.
Apple on the otherhand is overpriced, overvalued and behind in features.... FACT
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 12621; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No he's saying he likes iOS, just like you like trolling iOS articles and looking dumb. +1 Epicness1o1
20. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
It's not trolling it's the truth. I'm just calling it like I see it. I usally click and read every arctile when I have time.
23. bucky (Posts: 1574; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Yes but specifically replying to someone because they were happy about their OS of choice is trolling that person. Guess I'm just calling it like I see it as well
26. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
In my original comment I never said anything about iOS being bad I'm simply stating the fact that you are a sheep because you seem to like these new feautres before you even had a chance to use them.
28. bucky (Posts: 1574; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Again, he never said he used them. Simply said they're nice features. You're a sheep for getting butthurt over someone liking a different OS.
31. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
I'll debate with darkkjedii, at least he sometimes makes sense and has some comprehension.
38. Lift_Off (Posts: 152; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
Hahahah you should stop now my friend. You are getting destroyed...
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 12621; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I like those features too, as well as everything else I've seen from 7 so far. daddysbeenabadgirl isn't gonna stand for this. No way is he gonna allow iOS users to actually enjoy their time on PA. He won't hear of it.
21. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Meh, you are also another Apple sheep. I don't go around calling anything great until I actually use it or tryt it. That's the differnece between a fanboy sheep like youself and a actual tech fan like me.
24. darkkjedii (Posts: 12621; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ohhhhhh don't be mad bro. I'm a techie too, just not prejudice against people's choices dude. You attacked and insulted Epicness, just for saying he liked certain features. That's butthurt fanboy crap. Epicness never attacked or insulted you. Matter of fact he didn't even bother responding. Now that's a techie.
27. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
HAHAHAHAA Mad? Butthurt? I have no reason to be.
I called him out because only fanboys "like certain features" before they even come out and have a chance to use them, which is true.
You on the other had took personal offense to the situation for some reason. Ohhhhh, maybe because it had to do with it being the truth so it struck a cord in you.
29. bucky (Posts: 1574; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Actually you seem to be the one offended by calling someone a sheep. No reason to get angry dude but no reason to go on attack mode either.
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 12621; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Don't be butthurt cuz Bucky shut you down. You just got owned. FACT.
32. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Shut me down? Owned? Overwhat, that I called someone a sheep that makes me angry? You guys are sounding stupider as this moves on...
34. darkkjedii (Posts: 12621; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ok dude, lets be adult here, and leave the fanboy stuff alone. Why can't you just respect people's choice? Yes ios7 has some android inspired features, but so what apple has made their OS a lot more functional. Who cares who had them first? I use android too, but you insist on calling me an apple sh**p. what's the problem with people just liking what they like? Please be adult about this.
36. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Alright alright , I'll try and keep a civil tongue.
4. AwesomestMaximuss (Posts: 123; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Galaxy s4 octa version already does 720p 120fps slow-mo....
5. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Nice apple....this would be absolutely epic if it came waterproof like the Xperias....imagine being underwater and filming someone dive in to the water in slow no.....awesome!
6. LionStone (Posts: 468; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Droid DNA has slo-mo video, it's pretty cool, you get some nice effects.
7. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I think quite a few phones like the one and s4 have this already and I believe lg prada did this like in 2008 i think.. Tried it a few times on my s4..its pretty good.
14. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
The lg viewty had 120fps video capture with slo motion playback nearly 4-5 years ago.
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 12621; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
So what! Where's that phone now? Clearly that wasn't enough to keep it competitive. Your breaks over, go back to work.
39. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Wherea that phone now? That's possibly the most stupid comment you've posted yet. The phone is no longer around as its 5 years old obviously,that's a no brained. And it sold quite well in its day actually,the 5 mp camera and huge flash made it an instant hit.
40. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Oops a typo there, meant its a no brainer!
22. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
So ONE feature is suppose to keep a phone around forever? Stupid arugment. FAIL.
33. Traynor (Posts: 4; Member since: 23 Jun 2013)
Big Effin' Deal... My Galaxy Note II films in 1080p at 30fps but has a Slow Motion feature that films at 1/2 times, 1/4 times or 1/8th times normal speed... Therefore at the slowest, it is filming at 240fps. The result is much smoother and slower looking action than the posted video. Get with it Apple... You are so behind the times.
35. rency0722 (Posts: 71; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
Hope that it would be created for Xperia Camera Add on for the Honami, since camera add ons will be supported by devs.
41. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2866; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Now Android will surely bring @ 240 fps to kill apple.