iOS 7 is released for supported iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models, get it while it's hot
1. zunaidahmed (Posts: 13; Member since: 24 Dec 2011)
Already updating ipad mini and 4s thru OTA and it is almost done on the mini. Let's see how this turns out.
18. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 532; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
This all seems pretty interesting to me...
all apple user updating at same time, all idevices get it at same time, 3 year old Apple support for all iPhones
so many articles and so many comments from users on pa.
no wonder most Apple user highly satisfied and not willing to change to other platforms even if they offer alot more.
always love apple support.+1 to apple for creating such wonderful user experience..... Time to update my 4S.:-)
28. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2448; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Hot? No no, iOS is on FIRE!!! I'm downloading that right now. This is easily the best and most advanced os ever.
39. SellPhones82 (Posts: 323; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Now that they have that niffy new Control Center it is much more advanced now...like some other OS's have been for years! Shame it took them so long to add such a user friendly feature to quickly and easily toggle differnt radios on an off .
Time to delete 3.3GB of apps and what-not!
2. msa1988 (Posts: 392; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
"Downloading the new software over Wi-Fi would be a good idea as otherwise, it will surely eat up a great fraction of your data allowance."
You have to be connected to Wi-Fi, otherwise it won't let you download. How did all the PA authors miss this?
3. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1119; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i'm currently having a problem downloading with ios7 on a iPad 4
6. power_x (Posts: 101; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
I recommend just leaving it , not doing anything on it
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4219; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Just try again in another hour. The update was pushed globally, so updating issues are bound to happen.
4. Gsmalltheway (Posts: 129; Member since: 15 Aug 2009)
Seems like it starts to download then just fails. Too many people trying . apple needs to work this out
5. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Same here... Software Error every time =(
7. janece_b (Posts: 8; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
:( Mine keeps saying "Software Update Failed" error occured when downloading iOS 7.0. Oh well I will keep trying
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4219; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The iPhone 4 in my household downloaded the update in less 2 minutes over Wifi lol.
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4219; Member since: 14 May 2012)
30mbps download speeds from Comcast is beautiful. :)
12. t_dawg (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
I'm in Canada and I am not getting any notification about updating to IOS 7
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4219; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You'll get the update soon. By the sound of it, people are having trouble downloading the update. So by the time you get it, you should be problem free.
17. janece_b (Posts: 8; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
Finally I am able to get through. Time remaining 12 minutes! So in approx 12 min I will have a new iPhone no need to upgrade lol.
19. chrislars (Posts: 70; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
Mine keeps telling me that its up to date. No update for me lol
20. louchielou (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
Mine wasn't updating at first then I made a phone call and it started downloading. Weird I know lol
22. abhaan (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
No update available through iTunes, it says your iPhone is up to date 6.1.3
23. Edmasterog (Posts: 9; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
I woulda preferred to download the ipsw file and update via iTunes. It just sucks that I cant.
27. Edmasterog (Posts: 9; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Yeah and I have gotten "download errors" twice
49. SilverSurfer85 (Posts: 28; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
Wifi is recommended if you are still having issues.. Thats how im doing it and it seems to be working fine.
26. Stayfly2407 (Posts: 42; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
Verizon Quantum at the house is amazing. 100mbps downloaded iOS7 in 30sec!
35. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4219; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You must download a lot of po... Never mind.
29. eddie20850 (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
per Apple support page -
iTunes and iOS do not support installing backups of newer versions of iOS onto devices using earlier versions of iOS.
what does this mean? if I backup prior to upgrading to iOS7, then phone crashes, what then? does the old backup not get onto iOS7 upgraded-phone?
32. structureman116 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Sep 2010)
That is just saying you cannot install a backup of iOS7 on a phone running on iOS6
31. HempHead (Posts: 4; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Both iPhone 5's (1att & 1 Verizon) have received the update notification and my ipad mini (at&t) I had to actually check for the update but its ready to download as well. iPhone 5 update = 752MB, iPad mini = 736MB.
33. Edmasterog (Posts: 9; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
here's a link for iphone4 ios7 ipsw file
36. gizmobic (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
all the direct links have been added, visit gizmobic dot com
38. domen151 (Posts: 16; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
I updated my iPad mini and... I don't like it. I thought that I'd be complaining about the design, but that's not what it bothers me. On iOS 6 everything was so smooth - but now it's laggy (still quick, but laggy). Even rotations aren't smooth! And it looks way, waaay more pixelated than on iOS 6. I hope that they'll at least fix the lag.
44. domen151 (Posts: 16; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
xD the animations are not as smooth as they were on iOS 6.
42. zunaidahmed (Posts: 13; Member since: 24 Dec 2011)
my ipad mini is having no lag at all, which version of mini do you have?
45. domen151 (Posts: 16; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
16gb wifi only. The animations arent smooth :(
50. Shinydesert (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
I totally agree with you,it feels laggy,not as responsive as iOS6, and animations are not as smooth as before.
I am going to do a total reset over the weekend to see if that fixes something, but yes, you are totally right. I won't update my iPhone5.
41. zunaidahmed (Posts: 13; Member since: 24 Dec 2011)
As it turns out pretty good on 4s, no lag at all, far better than my expectations
43. janece_b (Posts: 8; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
Looks like its killing my battery. I was at 71% about 1 1/2 hr ago and not I'm at 40%.
48. SilverSurfer85 (Posts: 28; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
If your not on Wifi it probably will. itis recommended that your plugged in if you are doing it OTA...
46. Sakeem (Posts: 114; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Not sure if I like it too much. Guess it takes getting used to. Will use it more tomorrow.
51. shadow432154 (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
so it is not compatible with ipod 4th gen
well that sucks