iOS 7 concept shows that change is good
0. phoneArena 10 May 2013, 11:38 posted on
Even diehard Apple fans have gotten to the point where they are looking forward to a UI redesign for iOS, and the rumors say that is exactly what Apple has been working on. And, while Apple may not pay attention to concept renders, maybe Tim Cook and Jony Ive should take a look here and there, because this new one shows a striking new look for iOS 7...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. quakan (Posts: 1374; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
At the end when they showed the current iOS vs the concept, the current iOS looked better. The concept over did the flatness.
26. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13579; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I think the old one looks better and more cleaner.
30. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 886; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I retract all comments I've made about you hating anything non Apple. This proves that you are just a hater.
41. Chaseism (Posts: 82; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Does anyone else think it feels a lot like Windows Phone? I agree that they took the "Flat" design a bit too far. I think Ive meant that he was looking for iOS to not vary so much in look and feel (Find a Friend vs. Game Center vs. iCal). I like it, but if this is what iOS was going to be, I'd rather stick to what it is now...
78. apple4never (Posts: 1064; Member since: 08 May 2013)
i guess no one likes me :( or r u all apple fanyboys ?
54. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Exactly. At least WP's flat tiles have animations.
55. AeroPrime (Posts: 175; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Yea i do i owned a 920. LOL i think it's a great copy of meego as well.
59. ReddD (Posts: 37; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Totally agree. The logic of these designers astounds me. WP is the worst looking OS but all the designers are slowly heading towards it in their designs! they need to stop and think
68. Airforce (Posts: 68; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
U know weirdly..i am liking this io7 concept..lets hope its the real thing
2. msa1988 (Posts: 418; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
This actually looks incredible. I understand that every feature here is already available on Android devices, but if you mix Android features with Apples name as shown in the video above, very good things will happen. Hopefully this concept will become a reality.
5. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...if you mix Android features with Apples name as shown in the video above..."
Apple already doing that, appropriating things that doesn't belong for Apple and then putting Apple name on it.
61. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
Looks like MIUI 5... Its the theme i use on apex launchet
3. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Great concept! This flat iOS 7 really matches the iPhone's beauty...
56. AmitMajumder (Posts: 178; Member since: 21 May 2012)
Ya Dude, the concept is really good...
4. TripleTwo (Posts: 29; Member since: 08 May 2013)
If this beautiful concept turns out to be true, I'm gonna sell my android for the 5S!
38. TripleTwo (Posts: 29; Member since: 08 May 2013)
I praised this concept the way comment #3 did, but the only difference was that I involved selling my android. I guess that's the reason I got so many red thumbs. Lol, you fandroids suck!
6. Aeires (unregistered)
Looks like MIUI.
8. JMartin22 (Posts: 1982; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Why is this article hyping something that isn't real and won't look anything like it at all when it's released. Why are the people getting excited over it either?
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Why people are going to the theater or watching movies and getting excited? It is the same reason.
9. SirHamm (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Good lord imagine the battery life on this thing. Considering Apple barely increases it's battery between phones I'm hard pressed to see anything like this happening. I mean don't get me wrong this looks amazing but to sacrifice the already sub par battery life of the current iPhone this would be bad.
19. moronman66 (Posts: 162; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Just out of curiousity, how would this sacrifice battery life? I don't really see how it would really change that besides the widgets, which don't really take up too terribly much on Android...
27. ecmedic4 (Posts: 336; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Dont see where the battery life on the iPhone 5 is "subpar". I get excellent battery life. I get over a day on a single charge, but everyone does use their phones differently and have different usage patterns. But to say its to say the battery life is subpar is a bit off, its quite comparable to other flagship phones on the market, and it has excellent stand by time. Currently my phone showing Standby 1day 7 hrs, and Usage 4 hrs 1 min and battery 38%. I have screen shots showing Standby 1 day 3 hrs, and Usage 4hrs 14 mins and battery at 26%, one showing Standby 4 hrs 9 mins and Usage 3 mins batt at 100%, and finally Standby 20 hrs 19 mins and Usage 7 hrs 10 mins and batt at 3%, so i dont consider the battery life "subpar".