iOS 7: Would you like it "flatter?"
0. phoneArena 10 Jun 2013, 02:35 posted on
So, iOS 7 is right around the corner, or at least, its announcement is right around the corner, and that's very exciting, because iOS 7 is said to introduce a new major overhaul of the user interface. The predominant belief is that the latest version of Apple's mobile operating system is going to sport...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mi55u (unregistered)
3rd option : I don't care much
15. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
missing the thumb-down option....lol....it seems phonearena removed the thumbdown....
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 21302; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
They should. If a person wants to thumb you down make them say why. PA is trying to clean up this android "fanboy" not android user infested site, that makes it horrible to experience sometime. I like what they're doing, and hope they ban more people for their blatant disrespect of others. Good job PA.
21. rocketlog (Posts: 26; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
The bad-mouthing can be a bit interesting at times, though. But, yeah, more often than not, it's annoying. So I guess, we're better off without the thumb-down.
On the topic, I voted for the Yes option. I just feel that a change wouldn't be a bad thing at this point in time. iOS has had it's look for such a long time, it's becoming a giant bullseye for haters.
26. ayephoner (Posts: 850; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
Thank goodness. The one-sided fanboyism on this site really keeps me from posting much. And their posts really snowball. One comment leads to twenty and none of them are meaningful nor funny.
Kudos PA. I hope these changes are for good and not just for WWDC (though that would be funny)
27. Stuntman (Posts: 836; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I'm glad they got rid of the thumb down. I think there are posters who post solely to try to get as many thumb downs as possible.
17. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
but babies would care now more :)
put there more yellow color Apple! its catchy for kids!! :)
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 21302; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yes you do. Your effort to post says so.
20. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
This is why I am asking to PA for bringing back thumbs down option.
31. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Neither does me.
3. Leica_Shooter (Posts: 18; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Flatter. Rounder. Change something!
It's been the same since 2007.
11. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
FLATTER means more BORING..
I hope not..:)
24. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
So you are saying that WP is boring :).
IOS really needs a change. I am not a IOS user but it is always good with a competition. If this IOS 7 will be awesome, then WP and android have to do something even more awesome. And that is good for us.
4. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Flatter? Not so much if it's B(.)(.)BS.
iOS? I dont care much.
5. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Not interested in plain vanilla flavour UI. Better save it for the disaster.
6. ghaniosman (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
Whatever it introduces it should be not just be equal but better than android to stay in the game or else we have a great example of nokia's rise n fall in front of us to learn from their mistakes..
8. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Why not just make a damn launcher so that users can choose?
a FLAT UI isn't everybody's cup of tea
9. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Flatter just for the sake of making a change? lol...Look at Microsoft's hideous METRO tiled UI, that's a prime example of failing miserably
12. Klamba92 (Posts: 210; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
I disagree the WP tiled UI looks great and Is an example of how flat can look good. If there is a reason windows phone is failing it's due to the lack of apps and to some degree the lack of manufacture skins.
22. rocketlog (Posts: 26; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
I think the WP UI looks great, too. The functionality is a bit limited when compared to Android, though.
I do feel that manufacturer skins is actually hurting the Android ecosystem rather than making it more exciting. Launchers are ok, but they tweak the system too much that updates take a lot longer. The saving grace of the manufacturer skins is the fact that they usually come with added functionality compared to stock.
25. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
I agree, this metro on phones is really bad, it might suit some people but it is even more closed OS than IOS and can´t even touch android. WP is not actually that bad, but it is really a half-baked product.
13. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Oh yeah, whatcha wanna bet that the next iPhone's gonna have fu..ckin' NFC? That'll be the "new way to share media."
14. Igneel (unregistered)
I don't mind the old look. I'd like to see more new features other than another row of icons :D
23. daniel_bargs (Posts: 325; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
the UI is okay.... i just want more functionality, more like of a computer, more like of Android! And get away from iTunes and please... MASS STORAGE MODE!
28. Stuntman (Posts: 836; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I really have no idea what they really mean by flatter. I'll wait and see what they announce to see whether or not I like it more than the old UI look.
29. imkyle (Posts: 1073; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
They need to make the design different. My mom's iPhone 5 is a beast, but the UI needs some revamping.
30. xtremesv (Posts: 297; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
What about letting the user decide the look of the UI, is it so difficult for Apple to offer some sort of customizability beyond changing the wallpaper?