iOS 7 Preview
0. phoneArena 17 Sep 2013, 08:24 posted on
Apple has announced that iOS 7 is coming this fall, but how can one just stand here and wait? We mean, boy it's painful! And knowing that there's actually a way of getting the iOS 7 beta 1 that is currently available to developers, we decided to go ahead and install the thing on an iPhone 5...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Apple claim that they put a lot of effort into iOS 7, but apart multitasking they have done nothing significant. Apart multitasking they have changed only "skin" of iOS 6 and I think that the new "skin" is totally fail, I think that iOS 6 user interface was better than new one. And I think that Android OS is still better!
10. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Right, even their new multitasking is the same old preemptive pseudo-multithreading one. They just extended its usability to 3rd party apps and gave it a WebOS-like ui.
iOS7 is nothing more than an Android/MIUI wannabe on acid!
14. SleepingOz (unregistered)
goo.gl link is no longer available..
Here it is, lol..
73. whysoserious (Posts: 318; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
F*ck yea couldn't agree with you more! The bokeh-ish background, the icons and some of the font looks like a MIUI-ice cream sandwich rip-off.
87. taikucing (unregistered)
yeah right. iOS7 is MIUI wannabe
17. Seymur (Posts: 19; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Everything is OK but changing icons was extremely bad idea.
19. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
It's called RETRO THEMED.. Clothing, music, almost everything is turning back to time, I think it's a good move, but the icons, it's inconsistent..
51. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Too vibrant. Flat is one thing but the colors are really loud right now, and not in a good way.
128. theruleslawyer (Posts: 108; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
I think the funniest bit of it is how long it will take all the app makers to redo their icons to fit the new theme. You're going to have a hodge-podge of styles for a good long while.
31. phonemonkey (Posts: 168; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
these are your opinions.
if you think you know better than a company raking in billions you are so full of pride
60. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Your comment is silly, next time try to use logics!
63. darkkjedii (Posts: 16938; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No, actually his comment is right and exact.
79. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
No, his coment is silly because:
1) He contradicts himself.
2) He thinks that big rich companies doesn't make mistakes.
122. Sauce (unregistered)
Mistakes based on what? Yours and the majority of PA's sanctimoniousness users? When people tend to heed other people's thoughts, opinions, actions, and feelings it becomes one capacious statement that everyone begins to use or believe. The only one's who contradict their selves are the "sheep" that tend to breed against the favored or spoken party that favors the category that is being spoken of.
126. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Does your comment has to do something with mine?
94. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
no the comment is not right and exact. Just like in the movies the Dark Jedi always fails so does your comment. The company has been losing millions since steve jobs died. They were so far in the black that it will take atleast another 10 yrs before you see any real damage. But facts are check the stocks you will see it has been going down month after month and android is taking over the maket share and since begining of 2013 android has sold more phones worldwide.
123. Sauce (unregistered)
Half the people on PA who poke and mock at Apples stock and praise Androids, Samsungs, and others rising stock (so to say) don't even know what the hell the stock market is, how it functions, and can not even analyze the data. Stop shëping everyone else and start using proper facts to deal proper insults.
132. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
When your stock drops after you unveil your new product, and investors walk out of a meeting upset, then there is a problem... Its is proper fact.
If you can't see that/don't know that a stock dropping almost 40% is a problem for ANY company then you clearly know nothing about business.
A store of money will not last forever if you're company is not bringing enough in to replenish it... It's not really rocket science it's simple math...
32. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Candy coated, lolipop lookin iOS7 was designed for 13 year old girls, their target audience. I mean adults choose Windows and Android already, they are just playin to their audience. And for that, they nailed it lol
47. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
the 1% do... ooops i mean 1% do but still, add android's 77% plus 1% and they ape iOS in marketshare
71. darkkjedii (Posts: 16938; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Just how bad do you hate apple? What exactly did this huge multi billion dollar company do to little old you?
84. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
iHate apple less than iHate the arrogance of iFans and ya, iM not a fan of how Apple does business. Ya know, offering less for more, highest possible margins, lowest possible tech return. iMean really Apple, the ridiculously overpriced iPad, 3 years later and coming up on 5 releases has never sen a price cut? Ya, $5-800 for a iPad is embarrassingly overpriced then and now. Just not a iFan sorry
108. jeck77 (Posts: 25; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
Arrogance of iFans? This coming from someone who obviously has no idea what he's talking about. When the iPad launched, it was the first tablet to hit the market below $1000, and it listed at $499 for the 16GB. Overpriced? They're considered overpriced now because Google had to come with a much lower price point to even compete, and still can't match the quality of the iPad. Yet the Surface R/T launched at $499, the Nexus 10 at $499, the HP Touchpad at $499, the Blackberry Playbook at $499. Overpriced? Call out Google, Microsoft, HP/Palm, and Blackberry first before trying to be cool and jump on the "Hate Apple bandwagon".
Also, it sounds to me you've never used a Macbook Pro. My Macbook Pro Retina blows away any Windows laptop I've ever owned, and I've owned ones that had much higher specs, yet I'd take my "overpriced" Macbook anyday over Windows laptops. Not only do I run OS X, but I also run Windows 8 using Parallels. Not only is using my Macbook pure joy in terms of the quality of the keyboard, trackpad, screen, etc. the reliability is second to none with their warranty program. NO Windows laptop even comes close. So overpriced is all relative.
117. ady_lad (Posts: 80; Member since: 17 Jul 2013)
I would take a Surface over and iPad any day...one big reason...practicality and user experience. Now PC vs Mac(agaaain)...for the price of a Mac you buy a laptop with miles better specs that the Mac, and you are talking anout user experience? Windows is more capable, more practical and powerful that OS X...And yes, you could run a Hack-intosh too...but why would you do that?
124. Sauce (unregistered)
Nailed it. +9001.
133. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
I'm pretty sure he's talking about most Android Tablets having HD screens, expandable memory, etc etc and the iPad not having them. I dunno about you but, I prefer to not pay the same or more for less. I'm pretty sure appleDOESNT.com was probably talking about the same things.
The rest of your statements about the Laptops are very opinionated. So what's your point?
127. loki1618 (Posts: 22; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
Hey stay off the Ipads! hate it or love it they are the best tablets around.
45. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
for someone on the dark side of the force, you like all the cutsie colors and overally girly look? You are no sith bro
48. darkkjedii (Posts: 16938; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No I'm not a sith lol, but yeah I like the new look.
129. LG_is_the_best (unregistered)
It looks like iOS 6 barfed up skittles. Taste the rainbow apple... Taste the rainbow
50. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Plus 1 for u appleDOESNT.com
57. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
What are you talking about?? I simply love the new color scheme, it reminds of someplace over the rainbow!!
It's perfect for anyone who wants to be in touch with their femininity!
61. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Where do you see hate in my comment?
64. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1705; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Thank you captain obvious. But seriously it looks like a kiddy version of Miui that ate and sh*t a rainbow.
83. alihass333 (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
When we saw the Apple IOS 7 skin no one had a problem about the skin version now just because one person comments something bad about it you guys need to jump in (Not a apple fan just saying)
125. Sauce (unregistered)
Dark, their egos and values are obviously damaged by Apple and Apple's community. Nothing better to do than hop on the Apple Hate Bandwagon and continue acting like shëp in their own way. They all talk about shëp and the act of acting like a shëp, yet all they do is shëp eachothers ideas and suck off eachother in one big circle because they have nothing better to do than inflate their deflated Android social bubbles.
74. lexingtonsteeley (Posts: 16; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
Regardless, isheep will still think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
77. Daftama (Posts: 604; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I could almost swear that cook is using Android covered with Apple case..maybe its just me but it was all about attacking android. And Air Drop is limited while sbeam or nfc isn't
92. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
The new multi-tasking is an exact rip off from android all the way down to swiping away the app to close it. Only thing diferent is it still doesnt do true multi-tasking. And the images on the phone looks like a 3rd grader designed it
102. sadiqhashim (unregistered)
Android is better but I really like what they did on iOS 7, I am jealous!
105. momonm1 (Posts: 23; Member since: 30 May 2011)
just wait and see the result when they launch the new iphone with ios 7...
Documentation always beat conversation...
113. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I think iOS is better, extensively used both OS.
2. KickRocks (Posts: 156; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
First thing my daughter said was "Daddy look how pretty and sparkly it looks, I want it", The new ios 7, what every 5 year old must have.............................LOL
58. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Because it's a place we all dream of as little girls.
114. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
so technically you like to make fun of what your daughter loves? you know kids love RC cars and aircrafts too, so by your said logic you hate that too right? Make your daughter proud, get an iPhone ;) :P
3. YourNightmare (Posts: 32; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
Going from iOS 6 to iOS7 with this "improvements" dunno maybe I'm a hater but isn't this iOS 6.4 update? Seems poor to me..#nohate
69. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
ICS to Jellybean is really android 4.0 to android 4.1. It wasn't expected to be a big jump. See the difference between gingerbread (android 2.0 )to ICS (4.0). A big jump.
iOS increases their number by 1 (instead of 0.1) regardless of what they update every year. See iOS 5 and iOS 6. There wasn't any groundbreaking features. Surely it should have been iOS 5.3 or something like that.
4. kboo1995 (unregistered)
Well I don't have any problems with the OS it self
But I do hate the fact that AirDrop don't work on the IPhone 4S
Does anyone knows why?
7. ManuStar136 (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
Just iPhone 5, iPod Touch 5g and all other new devices have a new network chip build in. airdrop needs this network chip. that ist why airdrop don't work on the iPhone 4S.
8. kboo1995 (unregistered)
Thank you man
18. gustavoace (Posts: 158; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Or is just a planned obsolescence. I remember that multi touch was not available on iPad 1st gen, but if you change a few lines in iOs code, it just works perfectly (with not a single lag).
53. quesoesgrande (Posts: 217; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
Um, what? I have an original iPad and it registeres all 10 of my fingers with no changes to the device. And "not a single lag" is the crappiest grammar you could possibly use. Please get your facts right before making a fool of yourself.
93. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Cause apple is horrible the only way you can transfers pics from your phone to a friends with out a computer are from apps other people designed cause apple isnt smart enough to give the customer what they want. Try an app called BUMP it works great even to send to an android
5. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
criticism aside,got to admit that this os is a damn beuty
65. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1705; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Sure is a beautiful butterfly....*cough* gay *cough*