iOS 6.1 update on 22% of devices in 36 hours, could be fastest update yet
8. cheetah2k (Posts: 1250; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Shows how bad iOS 6.0.x was. People were dying to get away from it!
9. Aeires (unregistered)
iUsers desperate for change.
12. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Listen to me, honey-booboo, there's no change in any of iOS' updates
16. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
why? other stolen features from Android? or more icons?
29. fanboysrdumb (Posts: 44; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
actually it shows how easy it is to update and how fast when apple releases it this is how android should be. update released and you can update it right away. like in the Nexus line up.
but not everybody wants a nexus. so android could do better and help people get faster updates. that would really be helpful and not be slaved to dumb greedy carriers.
just release a update or a tool that can just update the release on all android phones. done deal.
good job apple
31. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
dictate = easy to manage updates for 4 devices, crime (see Adolf. H.)
choice = a lot of HW, more issues, more freedom, more difficulties
still vote for more difficulties with freedom :)
32. fanboysrdumb (Posts: 44; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
you take what is good and leave what is bad. that is how you will be just.
my opinions dont reflect apple as a company it reflects one positive note about their practice. and i feel as if android can do the same and literally dust apple aside. ofcourse android over ios anyday but still updates are soo hard to come by
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In iOS 6.1 they even have added "Report a Problem" button for Apple Maps!
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Business strategy how to turn map bugs into the money:
If Apple will hide advertisement links behind this button, then Apple could earn some billions from pay per click! :D
6. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I agree, it is impressive, but not surprising knowing that there is not much different devices and update's size is conditionally not big.
22. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
The fact that google has a major issue pushing out updates to multiple devices actually shows a weakness in the own update format. Whether or not u have multiple devices, and large files...which r only a few Meg's larger than apples by the way and sometimes smaller u should still be able by superior design to update on a regular quick schedule. Remember I consistently use both, so I know. Your post only sounds smart, cuz nobody is challenging you. Your droider pals just agree, but google/Samsung/moto are horrible at updates. Only HTC Apushes them out in a decent time frame. Stop blowing hot air dude.
25. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
I meant only HTC pushes them out.
7. rudlie (Posts: 193; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
How many percent of android 4.2 update since release? How many percent of portico update right now? Only apple make the firmware update the best on earth and make android and wp look sucks
10. Corpsemaker (Posts: 63; Member since: 10 Jul 2010)
I don't completely disagree with what you are saying. I respect your opinion, but learn some ****ing grammer.
24. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
You told him to learn some f'ing grammer. FYI the proper word is grammar...learn some.
17. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
you know, its easy to produce iOS 3 to iOS 6 without any significant change..... ;)
23. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
Well said and that's not a fanboy comment, it's simply a fact. Apple updates faster overall. Now watch how many red thumbs we get, and the backlash that ensues.
28. xfire99 (Posts: 658; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Read the changelog for all iOS updates versions, then tell me what major changes are in all these small versions updates and what new features are it?
Show me all new features in iOS 6.1 compared with iOS 6.0!
Just buggfixes and VERY FEW new features. Just for add a number behind 6.x doesnt mean a s**t.
Android 4.0 - 4.1 - 4.2 are huge different, compared to iOS versions and are just buggfixes.
11. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
They have update to 6.1 bcuz there is news that jailbreak for it is coming within few days...
26. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
There were few security vulnerabilities also.
13. max9777 (Posts: 77; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)
Actually No I users are not desperate for a change, 6.1 has been jailbroken, on all the devices I believe, hence why everyone is updating..
14. wildcard (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
it have a lot of bug buying raid kill to kill those nasty bug on their phone lol
15. pholocity (Posts: 10; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
i saw on the apple forum that some people were still having wifi issues w/ 6.1 i'm reluctant to have my wife and daughter do it because both of them suffered the same wifi drop out w/ 6.0.1 and had to get both phones replace after getting for less than 1-2 weeks
18. gallitoking (Posts: 4717; Member since: 17 May 2011)
typical haters dissing the Apple updates... of course is easy to talk bad about updates when in Android don't exist.. buying a new device is the only way.. or XDA for the few
19. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Im curious but its not like it is with Android because it has different producers and creators but only Apple makes apple devices. So, updated to the OS seems kind of obvious and unamazing. Am i wrong?
20. dragonkong (Posts: 7; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
No change in the os..Apple shud thank the jailbreakers to get such an update in 36 hrs...
21. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
I'll put it this way, why would i want a train that leaves on time (apple's updates) but gets to the target so sloooowwwwly (new features), when i can wait for a train that's late (android updates) but gets me to my target (way lots of new features) in no time?
Thank you, I'll stick to my xperia.