iOS 6 update coming on September 19th
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Sep 2012, 13:26
The Apple iPhone 5 is coming with iOS 6 on board on September 21st, but existing devices won’t be left out and Apple is continuing a legacy of solid support for devices…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MartyK posted on 12 Sep 2012, 13:29 1 4
"The Apple iPhone 5 is coming with iOS 6 on board on September 21st"
So the world thinks, after Samsung sue, I think it's going to be next year before this is release...hahaha
2. chunk1x posted on 12 Sep 2012, 13:31 2 6
Dull OS on a very uninspiring phone. Apple is running out of steam.
5. Veigald posted on 12 Sep 2012, 13:38 0 1
Have to agree there. I generally don't believe in the notion of the CEO beign all that important to a company, but Apple without Jobs does seem to be going downhill in terms of innovation and appeal. Still doing well financially obviously, but hey, Nokia was at its peak just a few years back also.
11. chunk1x posted on 12 Sep 2012, 13:51 0 1
Samsung pretty much king of the hill today. Nokia is generating a massive buzz over the new Lumia phones. I'm not a big fan of Apple but I was expecting that this Apple to kicks the hornets nest. All that happened is it just farted silently. Gee what a buzz kill!
13. Droid_X_Doug posted on 12 Sep 2012, 13:59 0 1
I hope their roll-out of iOS 6 goes better than the roll-out for iOS 5. Apple put a validation server in the upgrade loop that decided to go offline for most of the day that iOS 5 was first available.
Initial impressions were that iDevices (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad) were bricked by the upgrade. I was in one of the stores at the time checking out the MBAir, and the Genius bar folks were quite stressed out. Apparently some of their personal iDevices had been bricked by the upgrade.
The validation server fiasco even made the mac-blogs, if memory serves.
3. b4mv_01 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 13:32 4 2
Galaxy s3 designed for humans
iPhone 5,designed for humans missing a kidney
4. Savage posted on 12 Sep 2012, 13:37 1 1
If you got an iPhone 4S, no need to buy the iPhone 5. No exclusive feature for iPhone 5 which won't run on iPhone 4S.
Idk how Apple plans to sell this.
15. Droid_X_Doug posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:01 0 1
To the people coming off contract for the 3GS and 4. Plus there will be a contingent that has to have the latest and greatest iPhone to show off to their friends.
17. Savage posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:03 0 1
Yes, thats the only reason people buy iPhones- To show that they can afford an iPhone.
19. itiswhatitis posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:16 2 1
ah..ahh....let me add :with credit card:))
21. zibbyzib2000 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:20 1 1
It's not really that expensive. All other smart phones are priced about the same anyway.
22. Savage posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:30 2 1
Yeah, but others offer more features at that price tag.
6. ObjectivismFTW posted on 12 Sep 2012, 13:40 1 2
This is by far the most dull, boring Apple Keynote the world has ever seen..
7. djoscar4u posted on 12 Sep 2012, 13:42 1 3
galaxy s3 designed for humans that dont know anything about new technologies...
9. Savage posted on 12 Sep 2012, 13:46 3 1
Replace Galaxy S3 with iPhone and you will actually make sense.
8. drnggaj33 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 13:45 1 1
anyone who buys the ip5 , the ip4s and ip4 are all gonna do the samething smh...im gonna say it againg my samsung nexus with my 4.1 update aka jelly bean blows up everything on apple
10. Quezdagreat posted on 12 Sep 2012, 13:49 1 1
yeah the only android phone with jelly bean sftu
18. EclipseGSX posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:05 0 2
Official phone, there are lots of ports out right now. Regardless the average user doesn't even know about the latest software, Apple and Android.
12. Albie_in_hd posted on 12 Sep 2012, 13:55 1 0
Will the update be available for OTA download?
16. Droid_X_Doug posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:02 1 0
Probably. If you have iOS v. 5, you should be able to do an OTA upgrade.
23. lumialove posted on 12 Sep 2012, 14:51 0 1
Nokia was full of innovations and got luke warm response...had apple did the same...tech magazines,techies would have told"wow it's B.R.I.L.L.I.A.N.T'...such biased reporting.