iOS 6: the new features
0. phoneArena posted on 10 Sep 2012, 08:07
Apple brought iOS 6, the newest version of its mobile operating systems, and here is a breakdown of the main new features…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
26. aikonix posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:41 33
this is true, apple is straight up ripping off android the more apple tries to progress.. its so funny how the game is turning around to android's favor.
seeing these features come out, each update at a time, is just amusing us android fans.. Its amazing to see how much Apple is behind
40. jove39 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 16:11 22
He wont know...never had Android...may be Androids are not sold in QinEmpire...lol
37. BattleBrat posted on 11 Jun 2012, 16:08 29
You are a FOOL! On my RAZR it is BUILT INTO THE PHONE! You can go into the apps drawer and there is no facebook app to be found, it is integrated fully into the OS and has been for some time. Apple is the one playing catchup.
60. QinEmpire posted on 11 Jun 2012, 18:20 2
yeah as I said, bloatware of the packages that you can download from Google play
67. BattleBrat posted on 11 Jun 2012, 19:12 16
Well, now your precious iPhone has that bloatware too! Enjoy!
88. frydaexiii posted on 11 Jun 2012, 22:31 12
Passcode and Bookshelf (Or whatever it's called) are also bloatware from Apple, you can't uninstall them and on iOS you can't even disable them or hide them from your homescreen. The only reason it isn't bloatware to iFans is because Apple says it's a new feature, and you idiots totally eat it up, even if you don't use it.
At least on Android, bloatware can be hidden from the app drawer and on ICS can be disabled completely.
158. gallitoking posted on 10 Sep 2012, 12:52 1
nop the iphone will never have the carrier bloatware.. the carrier has 0 saying on the iphone. can you say the same?
184. EclipseGSX posted on 10 Sep 2012, 19:35 1
Galaxy Nexus, nuff said
54. jroc74 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 17:41 8
Uh...Facebook is in the Add Accounts section in Settings on Android phones.
WTF are YOU talking about???
Its there on my RAZR, Droid X1, Rezound...Its even there on...wait for it....the Droid 1...which I installed....wait for it again.....2.0.1 on. 2.0.1...do you even KNOW how OLD that OS version is???
Again...WTF are YOU talking about??? If you gonna hate and troll, at least know what you are talking about...
58. jroc74 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 17:47 6
Me thinks you are a prime candidate to see that amazing Youtube video series called Android vs iOS The Truth About Google and Apple's OS's.
8. perfectalpha posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:03 3
I don't even look at it as copying anymore; it really is a case of, "do you have this feature?" and Apple did what they needed to do. iOS6 looks great to me, and that turn by turn GPS that keeps many folks on Android is now a feature on iOS.
44. andro. posted on 11 Jun 2012, 16:38 14
Give apple credit they are telling the truth,these are new features for ios,they are however old features at this stage in android
61. QinEmpire posted on 11 Jun 2012, 18:21 5
old and laggy, redundant feature on android that no one uses..
62. taz89 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 18:31 8
reduntant features on android yet revolutionary on ios lol talk about sounding stupid
76. jroc74 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 20:22 2
This guy makes the regular Apple, iPhone fanboys look bad...lol.
78. jroc74 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 20:24 0
Meant makes the regular fanboys look good.
103. Dadler22 posted on 13 Jun 2012, 18:32 2
old and laggy, sounds like 98% of the OS's for Android phones
133. rickywinataa posted on 10 Sep 2012, 10:05 2
cheap android phones can do live wallpaper while iPhone can't
cheap android phones can show widgets while iPhone can't
iOS is just an OS consists of pages of apps & folders, no multitasking, no live tiles, nothing. i think WP is better than iOS because they do real live tiles while keeping the fluidity & don't make me start talking about jellybean
170. epdm2be posted on 10 Sep 2012, 16:28 0
The sad part is that (some) cheap Androids like ZTE's can record calls while the most expenive ones can't :-(
49. andro. posted on 11 Jun 2012, 17:11 12
Apples ios is still stuck in 2007 to be honest!
4. remixfa posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:01 32
holy crap. there couldnt be more android rip offs in that slide show if they tried.
if iOS5 was "now with a taste of android"
then iOS 6 is "what the heck,we are not even hiding it, we love android and want those features"
45. remixfa posted on 11 Jun 2012, 16:41 13
not me too, what?
i realize you like iOS, but my god, 90%+ of those features have existed on android for months to years. for a company that claims everyone copies them, they sure are obvious about their copying.
it wouldnt be a big deal had apple and its local idiot trolls not been stomping around for the last few years claiming apple is original and everything else is a copy.
50. good2great posted on 11 Jun 2012, 17:14 4
remix we are cool... u know that...lol
i was just expecting today a hoard of android apple haters to flood with "obvious" comments...lol of course the updates in iOS 6 are currently on older android OS's ...
its not a disappointment for apple users THEY NEVER SEEN OR USED THESE FEATURES
i guess i wasn't expecting you to join in with the "dead horse" beating...haha
its not that i like iOS/ICS/WP8 its that i was happy to see them add things they should've added a long time ago...
72. remixfa posted on 11 Jun 2012, 20:17 4
oh, i know :)
but like i said.. its not the fact that they are getting them. Its the months and years of BS statements from apple and the itrolls about "copying" and "stealing" that make it whatever big deal that it is.
31. aikonix posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:57 16
remixfa is absolutely correct.. iOS is a blatant rip-off of now what Android is
171. epdm2be posted on 10 Sep 2012, 16:31 0
And Android is a rip-off of Symbian and Meegoo harmattan.
E.g. the swipe down radio-switches wher first seen on the N9 2 years ago and now in (some) Androids (through ICS).
They're all ripping each other off. I'm sure that Samsung is copying Android features into Bada OS.
47. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 11 Jun 2012, 16:51 2
lol you made my day Remix. now rotten fruit is copying android and iPA is busy writing articles one after another, of this great event. lmao.
5. wassup posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:02 7
so.... basically the only thing that is actually a new feature is the new maps, texting on a phone recieve, siri mutated, and... facebook integration.
that's only 5, not 200 new features like what apple claimed. they should be sued for false advertising!
12. perfectalpha posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:06 0
I don't get where the article says 200 features for iPhone, when it said Mac OS in the keynote.
13. wassup posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:08 1
Learn how to read dumbass, lucky you edited your comment!
dude, don't blame me, blame PA if you want
7. Iphone4 (unregistered) posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:02 10
same old crap with a new name which is IOS 6. siri is useless, maps whats wrong with google maps, facebook i dont use. what a let down
9. perfectalpha posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:05 3
Siri def isn't useless, and the upgrades coming are certainly welcome to Siri. If you don't use Facebook, that is fine. There are 900 million + who do. The maps is a wash, but it is a feature Apple definitely needed to add. iOS 6 as i stated above looks pretty damn good to me.
172. epdm2be posted on 10 Sep 2012, 16:32 0
"maps whats wrong with google maps"
It's from Google :-)
14. Fallout09 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:09 14
What benefit does launching an app from Siri? Think about the amount of time it takes you to launch Siri and asked her to launch an app for you. To me this sounds like using technology for the sake of using technology. That is about a ridiculous as seeing Zoey asking Siri if it is raining out as she is watching the rain from her front window.
19. Fallout09 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:26 9
I am all ears... Please explain what I am missing with the feature? In what real world situation would this possibly be utilized where you dont look like a total d-bag asking your phone to launch an app?
34. downphoenix posted on 11 Jun 2012, 16:05 1
maybe if it could just an app in context it could be useful (like if you were asking siri about a restaurant and could just the turn by turn navigation from there) but otherwise I agree.
25. phitch posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:40 5
But, how is this jealousy when it was a feature you could already use on Android?
35. chadrick0814 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 16:08 0
Good job addressing the comment with a cliche and not denying its truthfulness!
209. hengnarath posted on 14 Sep 2012, 10:52 0
I'm so jealous that iPhone 5 has some features like my 2-year-old motorola now.
65. sum182 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 18:49 1
Its simple, since iOS's launcher....well, thack there of, is just a bunch of icons orginized in a grid on a million different pages/folders, you never know where the app you want is. So now you dont have to find it, you can just tell Siri to launch it.....and btw, this was already available on S-Voice =)
68. Mitchel posted on 11 Jun 2012, 19:17 0
S-voice could launched almost any apps on my phone.. Yeah, it's crap compared to Siri when it comes to accuracy & answering simple questions, and slower, it's a hit & miss, but it gets the job done.. :)
154. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 10 Sep 2012, 11:59 0
Sounds like you don't use iOS. If I had to look through 12 pages of apps that aren't arranged alphabetically, I'd just use Siri as well.
15. OllielovesAndriod posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:13 10
'The worlds most advanced mobile operating system' Right...
20. Stuntman posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:28 13
Google and Android manufacturers sure do a poor job marketing Android and Android phones. Many of these features are available on Android phones for quite a long time. I was quite surprised that you couldn't do many of these things already on an iPhone.
If anything, Apple sure can pick certain features and really market them. I can see that many people will find many of these features very handy.
21. QinEmpire posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:31 1
yeah right and I can say many of the features are already on Windows XP/7.
Can I say google is copying? Quit defending lol
22. wassup posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:36 13
Retarded extra chromosome boy, how do you manage To to use the computer? You are an inspiration to downs syndrome sufferers everywhere!
PS, you're the one defending,
23. QinEmpire posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:37 1
Look, I'm just replying to your whinning that says iOS copied.
57. Heatfan316 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 17:47 8
@QinEmpire why don'tyou throw in the towel, wassup is killing you, ya ifreak stop copying android.
27. phitch posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:41 10
So is slide to unlock, a feature originally found a phone in 2004, copying Apple?
30. Ivan6479 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:55 13
Actually Stuntman is correct. All of these features have been available on Android for quite a long time. Apple likes taking features from other places and calling it their own. So congrats your precious iPhone can almost do what an Android can. LOL
114. shuaibhere posted on 10 Sep 2012, 08:50 1
Oops.....i am goin to sue you cuz you copied my profile picture (actually i found it on google).....lolz!!!!!!!!!