iOS 6 now live, one last reminder before you update
0. phoneArena posted on 19 Sep 2012, 12:18
It looks like Apple is sticking pretty close to that timetable we saw earlier today, because the iOS 6 rollout has begun and the update is live around the world. This means iOS users will be getting notifications for the update, but we want to put out one last warning before you update...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. FoxDavis posted on 19 Sep 2012, 12:20 7 2
Second, and not sure I am really into updating to this!
24. TheLibertine posted on 19 Sep 2012, 12:58 5 1
As if there would be much difference... ;p.
I'm happy for Siri on my new iPad, trough...
5. Droid_X_Doug posted on 19 Sep 2012, 12:22 4 8
iToy owners might want to defer upgrading for a day to see if there are any problems with the upgrade. The frost day last year was problematic.
9. Droid_X_Doug posted on 19 Sep 2012, 12:24 10 1
Edit - first day instead of frost. PA, you really need to fix the edit function to allow editing for say, 2 minutes after posting.
37. -box- posted on 19 Sep 2012, 13:40 1 0
Agreed. I remember when ios4 came out and it bricked so many iphones, or caused them to lose connectivity. This seems to have had more robust testing with the developer releases, but there can still be irreversible glitches. Apple's solution: upgrade to the 4, which was one of the phones having the problem!
46. Droid_X_Doug posted on 19 Sep 2012, 14:25 1 0
Going from iOS 4 to 5 had first day 'issues' as well. There was a validation server in the upgrade loop that went offline for most of the first day. The result of the validation server going offline was that the iDevice (Phone, Pad, and Pod Touch) appeared to have been bricked.
8. savezo007 posted on 19 Sep 2012, 12:24 10 4
blah blah bla IOS = most uninnovative os for a smartphone yet
10. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 19 Sep 2012, 12:28 12 2
i've heard that apple maps are so dumb....
11. savezo007 posted on 19 Sep 2012, 12:30 12 1
yes that is true thats why im getting a Lumia 920
45. thomasgellender posted on 19 Sep 2012, 14:21 3 0
Like the new features but the maps are awful!!!
67. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 19 Sep 2012, 19:22 0 0
yeah... nokia maps is far more superior than this! and google map is feel threaten to this!
apple's mistake is buying a lame mapping company! but i do hope that they will evolve!!
12. savezo007 posted on 19 Sep 2012, 12:32 14 1
IOS6 maps = where am i hellllpppp!!!!!!! :(
Nokia maps = found it!!! :D
13. Quezdagreat posted on 19 Sep 2012, 12:38 4 14
installing it right now. you guys can hate all you want but at least we don't have to wait a year to get a software update officially.
15. infinitemethod posted on 19 Sep 2012, 12:42 12 2
Actually, you do have to wait an entire year to get any update at all. They only release one update a year. iFAIL.
21. darkkjedii posted on 19 Sep 2012, 12:48 3 3
That's so not true apple does quite a few .x updates during the year.
26. 305Bucko posted on 19 Sep 2012, 13:07 5 0
yes they certainly do... to FIX bugs!
5.0.1 to fix the battery drain issue caused by gps locator. 5.1.1 to fix photostream (could not delete photos) among varioous other annoying bugs.
not so much an update but a patch
22. Quezdagreat posted on 19 Sep 2012, 12:49 0 7
shows how much you know. there was three updates for ios 5 and the last one came out in May
25. infinitemethod posted on 19 Sep 2012, 13:00 7 1
Oh, I couldn't tell because they literally didn't change a thing....
27. 305Bucko posted on 19 Sep 2012, 13:09 4 2
oh they did make changes... primarily to bad software bugs.
updates are not always "enhancements"
android has bug fixes too. but they dont call it an "upgrade" (ex: 4.0 / 4.0.4 / etc)
31. Quezdagreat posted on 19 Sep 2012, 13:20 0 1
so do you have a iphone?
35. infinitemethod posted on 19 Sep 2012, 13:35 3 1
I unfortunately bought my wife one and it literally hasn't changed. I can't stand how small the display is, nor do I ever want to use that thing. It's really uncomfortable to hold in the hand because of the rigid edges. She loves it though, which I am trying to remedy by any means possible. Hard to get out of that ecosystem though. And it is good for people that have tiny hands (females) and slow people. I kid!
34. gallitoking posted on 19 Sep 2012, 13:34 0 2
and how do you know.. you have an iphone?
30. EclipseGSX posted on 19 Sep 2012, 13:18 3 0
Really? and did they add any drastic features in those "updates" NOPE
33. cfprelude posted on 19 Sep 2012, 13:30 3 0
with how many changes??? lol
29. EclipseGSX posted on 19 Sep 2012, 13:16 4 2
RIght, you only need to wait 2 years to get the same features as Android
32. Quezdagreat posted on 19 Sep 2012, 13:23 0 5
good luck waiting on jelly bean update. when you get it the Kit kat update will be out
36. EclipseGSX posted on 19 Sep 2012, 13:38 4 0
I have Jelly Bean on my GNEX LOL silly troll. Good luck with iOS 6, now with features from Gingerbread!
40. Quezdagreat posted on 19 Sep 2012, 13:44 0 1
ok troll you got the only phone with jelly bean while the other hundreds are still waiting for ics
42. infinitemethod posted on 19 Sep 2012, 13:53 3 0
I also have Jelly Bean, not sure what you're talking about. And Jelly Bean is only on at 1500% increase in the last 2 months. Enjoy your extra row of icons though!
39. cfprelude posted on 19 Sep 2012, 13:44 4 0
lol... are u really trying to make a point? when iOS just rolled out the features that have been available since Gingerbread? yeah, we can wait for a few weeks or months (if u want to wait for official releases) for something you'lle be waiting until iOS 9.5 to receive :P
44. Quezdagreat posted on 19 Sep 2012, 14:13 0 3
My point is iPhone users don't care what features android phones already have, if we did care we would have a android phone. So stop crying because people would rather buy the iPhone than your precious android
47. chaoticrazor posted on 19 Sep 2012, 14:32 2 0
Quezdagreat- you just been made look a fool twice and then try claiming you dont care what features android has.......you brought up about the jelly bean update so you had it coming
48. Quezdagreat posted on 19 Sep 2012, 14:46 0 2
No I didn't I was taking about how you guys hate on iOS but a majority of andriod won't see jelly bean at all officially or they will get it in a year. I don't know what's new on jelly bean and I don't care
50. chaoticrazor posted on 19 Sep 2012, 14:53 1 0
now you just sound like an upset child. dont talk about jelly bean if you know nothing about it.
just because you finally got an update you feel it gives you the right to criticize other OS's. ive had 3 biggish updates for my phone in the last year but i dont then go tell others they wont see updates for there phones
51. Quezdagreat posted on 19 Sep 2012, 15:08 0 0
Don't try to act like I don't know what I'm talking about. My friend brought the Motorola photon last year and he don't even have ics.
Android only give updates quick to the big name phone that's selling the best
52. chaoticrazor posted on 19 Sep 2012, 15:17 0 0
well thats business, focus more on your main sellers. no company does any different
but doesnt change anything, just because you got an update dont start throwing out comments about other OS's
53. wassup posted on 19 Sep 2012, 15:18 0 0
Because you don't.
PS, about the photon, don't blame "Android ",blame Sprint.
Android doesn't give updates. Google updated its nexus,and that proves that android has fast updates.
55. Quezdagreat posted on 19 Sep 2012, 15:38 0 1
Well I guess it's Motorola they don't care about. But I'm done talking about androids, mentioning them gives me a headache just like the folks who from android to iPhone.
Enjoy bashing iPhones, make your mom proud lol
56. chaoticrazor posted on 19 Sep 2012, 15:43 0 1
mate dont get childish....
'' make your mom proud lol''
seriously whats with you iphone users and bringing people's parents into it. are you that simple minded
58. Quezdagreat posted on 19 Sep 2012, 16:58 0 0
You just showed how simple minded you are. Do you really think iPhone users are the only people who say that?
I can't believe you just stereotyped someone by the cellphone they own.
59. chaoticrazor posted on 19 Sep 2012, 17:05 0 0
no but on this site its mainly apple fanatics who say stuff like that, and then start arguments and when they cant handle it they accuse the other people of hating apple etc
im not stereotyping you just on your phone, thanks to your comments i have enough information to know your very immature and very defensive and at the first sign of criticism you either say something against android or some childish mom comment etc..
60. downphoenix posted on 19 Sep 2012, 17:20 0 0
Yea, its ridiculous. The phone EOLed pretty quickly, but dont just blame Sprint, throw Motorola in there too, they have done a poor job supporting their sprint phones.
63. infinitemethod posted on 19 Sep 2012, 18:25 0 0
Why does Apple charge so much for storage?
65. EclipseGSX posted on 19 Sep 2012, 18:59 0 0
If you don't care, why even update to the latest version?
66. EclipseGSX posted on 19 Sep 2012, 19:02 0 0
"So stop crying because people would rather buy the iPhone than your precious android"
Actually Android outnumbers iOS devices 4-1 so actually people DO prefer Android, sorry.
38. -box- posted on 19 Sep 2012, 13:42 1 0
I think the fastest updates I've yet seen were from Nokia after the 900 launch. Didn't even know there were problems and they had a fix for it, AND a $100 bill credit, on top of many pre-ordered phones were $50-100 off the purchase price (I got mine for free and had the $100 credit. Didn't make a payment for two months! :D )
14. the_s2 posted on 19 Sep 2012, 12:39 1 0
Well, downloadin update, but not gonna update now.... lack of gmaps and youtube is a real bummer! the only stuff worth mentioning is the clock app and facebook integration,, so stickin to 5.1.1 for time being till google releases the dedicated apps...
19. Quezdagreat posted on 19 Sep 2012, 12:46 0 5
dude you're crazy. the map looks great, the data is provided by the best tom tom.
google came out with a youtube app in the marketplace finally. Plus theres always the mobile website, which works much better than than both apps
54. wassup posted on 19 Sep 2012, 15:21 0 0
The maps are meh at best. Tom tom isn't the best, Google is.
Street View is what I need apart from everything else. Thankfully my S3 has the best OS along with the best hardware out there
62. PapaSmurf posted on 19 Sep 2012, 18:09 0 0
The YouTube app actually works better than the mobile site. And to be honest, I just saw the new Maps app and its ugly and not worth using. Google Maps is the most polished Maps application in the world. Then its Nokia Drive.
16. maryaaadil posted on 19 Sep 2012, 12:44 2 0
Ill wait till i am able to jaibreak it.
So stickin with ios5.1 for now
18. darkkjedii posted on 19 Sep 2012, 12:46 1 0
The iPhone YouTube app works great on the up'd folks. I installed it the day it came out.
28. Obdabeast posted on 19 Sep 2012, 13:13 6 0
why am i taking a training on this ios6 and nothing but android features are popping up as some of the new features for this -.- .. theives.. apple you disappoint me.
41. zibbyzib2000 posted on 19 Sep 2012, 13:45 1 0
500MB??? It says I need 2.5GB of free space to install it
49. hawk62 posted on 19 Sep 2012, 14:51 1 0
what about facebook. i like my seperate app. tired of the intergrated crap.
68. c.hack posted on 19 Sep 2012, 21:50 0 0
Thanks Apple! Meanwhile my Droid is still dead on Gingerbread.
And for you android trolls, this iOS 6 thing is what is called an OS update. Something you will never see.