iOS 6 is announced: 200 new features
0. phoneArena posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:16
Apple has finally announced iOS 6, the newest version of its mobile operating system at WWDC 2012…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
22. abdane posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:59 24 9
wow, apple !!! " reply with a message " ! i didnt knew the iPhone dont have this feature before ! lmao... android have it since Cupcake XP
33. mandkeee posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:35 7 23
but still apple is way much better than samsung....
or any android devices....
43. wsucoug13 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:51 15 1
oh for sure..... cuz it is an iPhone... duh!!!
69. E.N. posted on 11 Jun 2012, 19:28 4 2
or maybe because these features are implemented better, don't you agree? Of course not.....cuz its an iPhone....duh!!!
73. xcasasx posted on 11 Jun 2012, 22:17 1 1
not f**king true
83. FLAGSA posted on 13 Jun 2012, 08:28 0 0
Wow, Samsung !!! - Low blow! Haven't you got court cases to go to? Writers note: When corporate entities start making comments like this (above) under the badge of Samsung it makes me want to not buy a Samsung product. Not because Samsung is a bad make but their marketing arms use tactics like this instead of merits. It is simpler to keep ones mouth shut , if that is not possible have an operation to put your foot in your mouth - it's simpler.
87. SlimSoulja86 posted on 14 Jun 2012, 12:56 0 0
Wow, u must be really stupid, i feel like hiding my iphone, cos its ppl like u making us apple fans look and sound stupid. Its just his or her avatar, lol, ur so dumb, its really not funny. Just bcos someone choses t hav a certain avatar on their profile, doesnt mean they work for that company or it is d company itself. Dude, grow up, what r u in 3th grade?
89. FLAGSA posted on 15 Jun 2012, 06:24 0 0
Wow, you spell like a 3 year old. I suggest you go back to school or get a manual vocation like a street cleaner. I do suggest you hide your cell phone because an idiot like you brings Apple into disrepute just by your virtual existence.
31. Droid_X_Doug posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:30 4 0
I hope the potential purchasers of the iDevices running iOS 6 have unlimited data plans. Talk about running data usage through the roof.... Oh, didn't VZW just end unlimited data for subsidized handsets?
In any event, wait a few and see what Android comes out with in response. Nothing like competition to make things better for consumers.
51. Jeradiah3 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:24 0 0
thats not a good thing because it will eat up data for both AT&T and Verizon users unless they have the old unltd data plan
52. Mxyzptlk posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:26 1 15
Jealous? Android will never get those features. Oh but Android fans will claim Android has always had them.
55. EclipseGSX posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:53 14 1
1. Siri - Android has iris and s-voice
2. Facebook integration - HTC Sense has that already
3. Brand new maps, turn-by-turn navigation - Google maps
4. Phone app - Already have those features
5. Passbook - Theres an App for that
Soooo 4/5 Android already has, say what now?
58. andro. posted on 11 Jun 2012, 16:12 3 1
agreed,most of those new ios features have been on android handsets for quite some while now in various manufacturers own launchers UI or android os its self. This new ios is just apple catching up again. Most of apples announcements here are of a very "meh" variety.
59. matrix_neo posted on 11 Jun 2012, 16:16 2 1
there's nothing to jealous. Android will never get those features... really?? those features already in android. sheeps are just too late to enjoy those features, Buy an android phone , then see for yourself.
77. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 12 Jun 2012, 09:52 0 0
Dude you are the most ill-informed person EVER. Every time you post, you post bogus or COMPLEATELY wrong information.
You are the dumbest person ever because you can't do a simple Google search just to see if you are correct or not.
You are the textbook definition of what an i$heep is. Man do you have any pride in yourself? Or are you THAT brainwashed that simple logic is as alien to you as the planet Venus?
85. FLAGSA posted on 13 Jun 2012, 08:34 0 0
You completely mispelled completely lol but would concur on the rest but a little less savage.
2. Birds posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:23 14 3
Siri, Iris, and S voice are all gimmicks. They are simply toys nothing more. Siri only makes the iPhone an iGadget not a phone.....Nevertheless it is still a cool feature. I bet IOS fans are happy.
61. GeekMovement posted on 11 Jun 2012, 16:23 1 1
@Birds That is so true. I cannot agree more.
68. smartphone posted on 11 Jun 2012, 18:41 2 1
+1 , 6 versions and still no universal Bluetooth file transfer, file management, mass storage.
92. true1984 posted on 23 Jun 2012, 10:58 0 0
I think he meant expandable storage which even WP8 is going to have
3. snowgator posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:26 0 0
I am very interested in what the OS will offer. Siri seems to be the main selling point so far. Betting they will offer more. Hard to imagine improvements to a personal assistant is all 200 additions.
4. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:29 3 0
Yea, it's nice that you can now use FaceTime over 3G. But that will mostly only benefit iPhone owners from Sprint.
6. androidornothing posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:34 6 5
Lol iOS 6 is all about Siri? I thought they would release something crazy in the new update!
10. Ohrules posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:40 5 2
apparently you do not understand the term developing
75. cdgoin posted on 12 Jun 2012, 06:30 0 0
They are still trying to figure out how to create a Metro UI for iOS and claim they have the patent on it so they can sue Microsoft and claim they created it. Once they do that, then they will update the ancient GUI they stole from Windows Mobile
8. sorcio46 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:35 16 5
200 new features yet present in Android 2.2 Froyo :D and they call it
"The iMost iAdvanced iMobile iOS "
13. cdgoin posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:45 4 2
Also added features from WindowsPhone.... I fully expect iOS to adopt a MetroUI like interface soon.. then claim they created it.
18. Mateowp posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:54 2 1
hahaha yes! Exactly what I was thinking! I think that if metro UI had apples name or even android it would be the best os but since ms make it they have misconceptions that every ms product is crappy! Wp7 came with intergration first suck it up apple fan boys!!!
9. xtian1103 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:38 5 2
keep trolling guys! you will only make this topic more interesting!
11. aikonix posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:43 6 1
i like how they say "its new features"... nothing they've said is new?
12. cdgoin posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:44 3 0
Wow.. finally Facebook integration like WindowsPhone, maybe soon they will integrate Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.. and will they make it so Siri understands you the first or 2nd or 3rd time you ask it a question..? Great ! IT has more knowledge.. but if it can't respond to my commands its useless.
14. noim1 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:48 4 3
Siri , Siri , Siri !!!! they got no UI improvidents ..its only Siri ....I think Siri should b named Iphones nxt OS .......
15. Mateowp posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:50 2 1
What a crock of utter s**te, nothing new, everyone will claim apple had fb and twitter intergration first, they are thick, WP has had that and more since mango, phone app? Well every smartphone has had that feature for at least 2yrs god apple pathetic, like the new Macs though :)
16. greathero1 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:53 1 0
Well I was definitely expecting something bigger but I guess I will not completely write it off. I guess the Evo that's been calling my name will get the green light in 2 weeks!
19. gmp009 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:55 1 0
Whats so new abt these features? android already have these all facebook integration reject call with a mesg ETC...
20. leftheodo posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:57 5 0
That's it? That is the most advanced mobile OS in the world? An app tray with Froyo's features? Pure magic.....!
66. Gsmalltheway posted on 11 Jun 2012, 18:24 1 0
Couldnt agree with you more....I would barely call iPhone a "smartphone" basically its an application launcher and thats it
21. joaolx posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:58 2 2
It's not all about Siri, that's only the small part. Stop trolling and look at ALL the announcements.
25. Mateowp posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:07 6 5
What announcements.. It all looks pretty old to me, its been on android and WP for at least a year and apple is only getting it now and apparently this stuff is s**t hot, best thing since sliced bread, mate stop kidding yourself apple is no longer the giant they once were unfortunately.
27. LionStone posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:11 0 0
So basically that phone app is the same as not taking the call...it goes to vm AND I'll be reminded about it later...(in Notifications) wow, just wow.
30. Iphone4 (unregistered) posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:26 5 3
Same old crap with a new name IOS 6. what a let down.
32. aikonix posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:30 2 2
the difference here, is that Apple just came up with these, so soon they will patent it and call it their "greatest inventions" lol
45. Fallout09 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:57 2 2
No, the real difference here is that the 5 is now a 6.
47. aikonix posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:59 0 1
haha or that ^_^.. apple is pathetic and is a poor sport
34. tward291 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:35 0 0
well the ball is in wp court for june 20 see what they will offer
35. frydaexiii posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:38 1 1
There Apple goes again, giving the word "features" a new meaning.
3/4 of these "new features" are add-ons, enchancements and revamps, but not new features.
Face Unlock and Android beam are new features for ICS.
Siri was a new feature for iPhone 4S.
The only thing I've seen in iOS6 that is remotely a "new feature" is the Maps app. Where the hell did Apple pull 200 from?
48. aikonix posted on 11 Jun 2012, 15:00 0 1
thats because they make EVERYTHING sound better then it really is.. haha havent you noticed?
56. Mateowp posted on 11 Jun 2012, 16:09 0 1
their marketing monkeys they are very good at driving up the hypee for products, 200 features, more like 200 updates for a crap peice of software anyway, WP8 will dominate if it has decent NEW features.
36. shadez10 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:43 1 1
wow nice updates!..
Even my 3310 has the send text feature...
Apple is trolling... XD
37. shadez10 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:43 0 1
wow nice updates!..
Even my 3310 has the send text feature...
Apple is trolling... XD
39. skymitch89 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:46 0 2
I'm getting dissapointed at Apple. They keep saying that they're adding new features and stuff, but some of the "new" features that they add are already in Andoid (ie. the pulldown notifications and the "new" feature that if a person goes to a website that also has an app, they can download the app from the App Store).