iOS 6 bug that might have caused data overages was fixed in iOS 6.0.1
0. phoneArena 14 Nov 2012, 21:43 posted on
A bug that was fixed in iOS 6.0.1 could have lresulted in data overages thanks to a bug in the AV Framework; the glitch could have led to multiple downloads of podcasts and audio streams taking users over their data caps while using a cellular connection...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Get ready AT&T for a bunch of calls from customers asking why they are over on their data plan when normally they never do go over....let the good times roll!!
4. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5998; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Maybe they should stop using so much data. I bet most people just used more data than they should because they're on LTE
9. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1146; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Or maybe they should stop using iOS :) And its the people's right to use how much ever data they want to use as long as they're paying for it...but its not Apple's right to screw its loyal customers out of data and money!
I bet if Apple could put on its pants straight after losing Steve Jobs then we wouldnt be having this problem now, would we?
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
That was quick lol :)
5. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5998; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
That's what happens when you have a uniformed ecosystem.
7. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Not exactly. This is known as "Crisis Management" which involves first crerating the crisis then go about managing the crisis in order to show to the flock that ... hey look folks we are working always and improving ... such basic stuff shouldn't have gone wrong in first place :)
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 14740; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Now that's funny, but how do u know that's wheat they're doing?
12. nwright94 (unregistered)
Wasn't android just having a bug with google voice crashing texting? It shouldn't of happened in the first place too but they fixed it.
6. christianqwerty (Posts: 463; Member since: 05 May 2011)
waiting for android 4.1...........................
8. yingcong6 (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
Apple makes the problems , and Apple fixes these problems. So this is improvement?
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 14740; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
As long as they fix the issue, and AT&T gives a credit it should b cool.