iOS 6 brings deep Facebook integration
0. phoneArena 11 Jun 2012, 13:55 posted on
As it was predicted, Facebook integration is officially a feature of the new iOS 6, and Apple is surely sparing no effort to convince us how good the experience is. In fact, Apple claims that by interweaving the popular social network with its platform, iOS 6 will deliver "the best Facebook experience on a mobile device." Bold claim indeed...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. good2great (Posts: 1040; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
looks pretty good... good job apple... cant hate on that...
34. cdgoin (Posts: 369; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
OH Yes I can.. Apple is evil and tries to take credit for doing things others already have done. Like "Gee whiz we now have a sort of Facebook integration, that's still not quite as good or deep as WindowsPhone has since its inception or Android has now.. aren't we great and special.. " eh whatever.
2. T12RYK (Posts: 98; Member since: 10 Jun 2011)
Not really proper integration. Was hoping to see Facebook albums in the photos app... Maybe in 3012 when all other OS's are using holograms...
8. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
i know windows phone has this. i wounder if facebook integration in limited on other os because of the money microsoft through facebook way couple years ago like 300 million i think.
14. T12RYK (Posts: 98; Member since: 10 Jun 2011)
I doubt that because Andriod has all those features too, I can't understand why iOS is soo outdated when it comes to simple features...
13. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Already in Facebook inside Xperia. You can even like and comment on the pictures.
39. kumaneko110 (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
My Xperia S. Android 4.0.4 ICS. Does everything this article already mentions
28. andro. (Posts: 1970; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
This same 'apple facebook intergration' was a feature in sonys xperia handsets such as the arc well over a year ago....hmmmmmm
35. cdgoin (Posts: 369; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
WindowsPhone has had it since its creation as well, and its deeper and better now than Apples will be.
3. parvsingh05 (Posts: 98; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
that time was better wen facebook was just on a computer :/ well nice though !
4. hateftotti (Posts: 146; Member since: 03 May 2011)
What a funny joke...
IOS is the world's most advanced mobile OS!!! :)))
5. parvsingh05 (Posts: 98; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
^^^ so according to u is android the most advanced mobile os ? now dont say yes, ul creat another joke :P
6. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
That in itself is a joke. You're a retard, I can just put a Facebook widget on my home screen in Android and it does the same thing.
18. QinEmpire (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
widget just mess up your phone with its messiness hahahah
37. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
How do widgets mess up your phone with messiness if anything widgets clean up your phone. I guess you rather have hundreds of little non functioning blocks on your phone so you can fee like a 2 yr old playing with your boxes. One or two widgets thats actually tell you something and you can move around and customize how big or small and how many you want are better then a ton of little blocks sorry that just common sense even if you an apple fan. I wish apple would switch to having widgets but truth is there software and hardware can not handle it it would crash to much and eat up there battery
15. QinEmpire (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
android obviously isnt lol, its the most crappy & laggy OS in the world.
32. aikonix (Posts: 59; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
uhhhh, its a hella-of a lot better then iOS thats for damn sure
7. frydaexiii (Posts: 1239; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
lol, I was able to do this on my Android ages ago.
Upload from Gallery?
I could do all these on my Wildfire running Eclair!
I don't remember Google using it as a new feature. I guess that's what Apple does best, take something that's hardly a feature and promote it as a main feature.
20. QinEmpire (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
yeah right, iOS already did that. Its now clearly Facebook my dear, Google clearly copied.
33. aikonix (Posts: 59; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
QinEmpire, Taco50, you need to get the F away from PA you WELCHER...
You obviously have NO idea what you are saying when you say it.
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5633; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's okay but it's such an Apple-like update, this is something that should've come with iOS 4 or 5 but oh well. the App Store Integration is pretty nice.
10. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I hope all 3 platforms (iOS. WP, Andro) have deep Facebook integration so we can have more friends.
However, i'm sure Windows Phone 8 is going to have something better than this, since the Microsoft already had Facebook integrated in WP.
11. DechyX (Posts: 114; Member since: 16 May 2011)
nice to see Apple join the party... better late than never I guess
12. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Facebook inside Xperia fans will relate to this.
What has been basically in my Xperia Arc(Heck even my X10) is revolutionary now...Wow, just wow.
21. QinEmpire (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Yeah sure Xperia have facebook integration, sure it does.
What Google/Sony will do :
Get the Facebook app from Google play, pack it > ship it as bloatware.
Thats integration in android.
40. kumaneko110 (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
It's not bloatware if you actually use it genius
26. fervid (Posts: 173; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
So, this is the new Facebook Phone...no wonder their stock is tanking. My Windows Phone which I hated had better integration with less Facebook.
29. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
how mard would it be to juust open up the app?
36. anthonio360 (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 May 2011)
war btw android fans n ios fanboys wen wuld dis evr com 2 a halt,doh it maks all topic n discussion intresting but den let giv more of facts 2 criticism