iOS 6 banners being hung at WWDC
0. phoneArena 08 Jun 2012, 15:08 posted on
We can’t really say this is in the unexpected category, but it looks like Apple will in fact unveil iOS 6 at WWDC next week. 9to5mac snapped a few shots of...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. QinEmpire (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
The truly original OS! Lets welcome IOS 6 in WWDC and um.. Imitation in a few days by Google?
3. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Apple = imitation. Or, should I say...
Heh. Heh. See what I did there?
17. matrix_neo (Posts: 326; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
The truly original os?! Really?! Maybe in your dreams!!! Symbian, windows, blackberry, are they not os?! Only sheeps will welcome your ios, im sure many new features of it will derive or copy from either windows, blackberry, symbian and android. Then they will say they innovate it, and worst is claiming they created it. Its really ridiculous!!!
23. SleepingOz (unregistered)
This retard has nothing better to do than trolling against Android whenever he can. What's funny is that he's not even a ifan, he's from the Nokia camp. But he never miss an opportunity to troll against Android. So much hatred will lead him to a nervous breakdown someday.
67. dickwyn (Posts: 602; Member since: 07 May 2012)
only time will tell wheter is it the worlds most advanced operating system or the worlds most s**ttiest operating system
77. Dr.Phil (Posts: 967; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I am not going to comment and instead going to point you to some articles:
2. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
One feature I would really like is to ability to customize my sound notifications. For example....
Because I have several email accounts added to my iPhone I would love a different notification sound to distinguish between each. One feature I really loved about Blackberry.
8. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
iOS doesn't have that? wow... never knew.
Thanks for extra ammo against iTrolls
26. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Actually it does that person hush hasn't figured out how to use it
16. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I want to be able to have different signatures for each email account.
I also want Siri to have the ability to toggle settings like bluetooth and wifi.
3rd party app support by Siri would be really cool.
62. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
Lol. that's one of the basic functions of S-voice.. (opening wifi, bluetooth, gps, 3rd part app support)
68. gp284 (Posts: 120; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
That may be true, but s-voice kinda (not completely) was copied from SIRI, so they were able to make it better because they saw what it was missing so Siri of course would be worse than s-voice, it never had a chance because SV came later, but more than likely siri will have those functions in iOS 6.
78. chadrick0814 (Posts: 208; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
IOS 6 should just come with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi widgets on the home screen. Touching a button would be so much easier than asking siri to do it.
86. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
I agree with you chadrick0814.. But Android have already that features for about 2 years ago.. Oppsss..
4. bbblader (Posts: 588; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
''the worlds most advanced mobile operating system''
well its the worlds funniest mobile operating system but advanced
lets see if it will bring the ability to not purchase music without jailbreaking it
+ free navigation + support for being cheap on the pocket
+ less pricy
14. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
well you can already buy music without jailbreaking and there are free navigation apps.
80. bbblader (Posts: 588; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
what I ment was to PIRATE music like everybody else
oops sorry I said that the iPhone fans' mind can't even handle the thought of being a Pirate
111. ceepyou (Posts: 33; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Or apparently iPhone fans can actually afford to purchase their music. Or they recognize that pirating music is illegal and carries a fine of $100,000's when caught.
They also have the intelligence to generally capitalize the first letter of a sentence (sorry Taco but you missed on that one), spell "meant" correctly, and use periods to end a sentence. Also, "fans" does not need an apostrophe in the instance you used it and pirate is not typically a proper noun so it doesn't need capitalized in either place of your post. Quotes would have been better than all caps.
18. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I own a Galaxy note. Free isn't always the way to go. I have plenty of great apps, I've paid for. I tend to hear that a lot - free this, free that. But to be honest, free always comes with a price. You know what they say, you get what you pay for. Just wanted to input what often didn't make sense to me.
82. bbblader (Posts: 588; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Well yes games and that yes I do buy them but music?
that means that for every song on my phone I would pay 1€
that means that I would pay about 463€ every year
6. TechnoMichael (unregistered)
i laughed when it said "the worlds most advance mobile operating system"
7. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
LOL imagine the tagline, iOS6, nor with more ICS
11. pkiran1996 (Posts: 165; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
On what facts do they base their OS as being the 'world's most advanced operating system'?
24. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
on the same T-Mobile claims to have 4G..
30. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
sorry I don't have to prove something that everyone knows.. you don't have to believe.. sooner or later it will hit you...
58. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
An android user like myself is not able to update to the latest version of andriod without voiding the warranty. I have a Moto Triumph that came with stock Froyo and it looks like the android OS is no where as sophisticated as iOS.
99. frydaexiii (Posts: 1279; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Yes, because updating is all that matters. I can bet if they released ICS for you Triumph but at the cost of it not being able to run smoothly, use functions and widgets, you'd still want it just because it is considered the latest.
People like you need to join the iOS herd right now, you're not using an OS for it's functions, you're using it to boost your tiny esteem by believing you can feel good by using the "latest technology", regardless if it's actually good for you or not.
13. Iphone4 (unregistered)
same old same old
15. jordan.300 (unregistered)
There's obviously going to be some new wallpapers. Remember how on iOS 5, the 5 was in the now classic raindrops background? Well, this seems to be in a new one.
19. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
maybe it'll have a home screen?! Can't wait!!
20. b3_jeal0us (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
i love how everyone hates on apple, please tell me ONE single android devic that has sold better than any model iPhone. I'd love to get a response, please, I'm waiting...nvm it's ok there hasnt been one. Not a single android phone by itself has sold any better than any model of iPhone. Personally in my opinion you guys truthfully cant say anything yet about iOS6 because nothing has been announced for it yet. Wait and see what it holds and does, then complain all you want. It's truly ironic how android fans hate on apple fans for liking Apple as a company but the Apple fans rarely say a word about how Android sucks. Chill out, relax, everyone is different in their own way right? You android fan boys are no better than that High School Bully that used to pull down your pants and show your small P***s to the entire hallway.
27. wsucoug13 (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I'd disagree and say that a lot of iPeople talk about how Android sucks and talk about how much better iPhones are. That is one of the many reasons Apple annoys me so much. It use to bother me a lot but now I just think it is funny. We hate because the whole marketing scheme of Apple is ridiculous although extremely effective. "The worlds most advance mobile operating system in the world" is a perfect example. They literally just burn these ideas into the general masses brains that the iPhone is "the" best phone, period. They are great phones no doubt, but constantly self proclaim themselves as the best over and over.... it gets really annoying after a while. Android just has a way more subtle and respectable approach.
101. frydaexiii (Posts: 1279; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Because we are comparing OS VS OS, hardware is just the ship that delivers. That is why Apple can still get away with saying that the Macbook is the top selling laptop even thou OSX only compromises of like what? 20% of the overall PC percentage while Windows is still the majority. Because Windows come in different manufacturer cases.
"It's truly ironic how android fans hate on apple fans for liking Apple as a company but the Apple fans rarely say a word about how Android sucks." That's because they can't. Android has no flaws whatsoever compared to iOS (Whatever iOS can do, Android can do,if not better) other than in app development. The only few retards here like taco and gallito who still trying to insult Android can only use outdated excuses like "It lags","It's buggy".
21. Suts_97 (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 May 2012)
There's something to be corrected on the banner, it's supposed to be 'the world's most retarded mobile operating system'.
22. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Advanced OS? Apple should be sued for displaying those words. Should be as fun as a ball of yarn...
25. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
same haters.. same comments...thanks fandroids. we all know you guys be watching and the 1st on any Apple article.. thank you... for making us bigger...
29. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Your buddy from china was first on here..thanks for supporting an OS that Hitler would love.
34. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I knew you would answer to my comments.. hmmm.. just read on the comments.. all the fandroids, known trolls. closet trolls.. are here... and since you always in Apple articles let me give you a Android news .. Droid RAZR HD poses for Mr. Blurrycam... just though I would let you know
41. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Old news...must your slow phone....here is a hint for you...my household owns an iPod...iPad...and a 3gs and 4s...so I know all about the iOS...great for kids and beginners.
44. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
see you do care... now I know what kind of troll are you... I do Agree Android news are old and boring.. don't blame you for being over here.. is ok. I wont question you anymore...
46. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Lol...thanks...being on a fast 4g lte, phone has its advantages...you find out about that someday
55. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
one day you will find out that is not actually 4G that is was named 4G so the U.S can brag about having 4G.. go to Mexico or Canada to experience truly 4G speeds..
70. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
huh, I get 15mbps on my phone in 4G LTE - iphone 4S will not even come close to half of that....again, I go by what we have here - what does going Mexico or Canada have to with true 4G speed as the iphone 4S is still going to be slow no matter what network you are on?
94. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9674; Member since: 14 May 2012)
My brother's GS2 got 27mbps with T-Mobile last night and its HSPA+. Gallito is stuck on 4mbps and below lol.
64. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
and business users since iOS now owns over 50% of the market share there on phones and 95% of tablets
90. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
95% on tablets? dude, google it. and show a recent study, not one from 2011
96. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Read it and weep. You Apple haters could care less about reality.
"iPad and iPhone together continue to dominate Android in the enterprise market with roughly 73.9-percent of all smartphone activations and 97.3-percent of tablet activations during Q1. "
100. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
So...no stats on how Android phones are number one? You do know that before too long that link will be outdated as android tablet market share will rise... right?
107. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
dude. that's an apple fanboy website. Use credible sources
109. chadrick0814 (Posts: 208; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
I'm certain you never commented on GS3 articles....oh wait, you have about a million posts on the last one.
31. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
"The world's most advanced mobile operating system" Apple believes its own bulls**t. I think the world's most advanced operating system would be able to run on more than just 3 phones.
38. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
How can it be the world's most advanced when it can't even use flash? Even if you wanna customize your phone you have to jailbreak it, which voids the warranty. The banner should read, "The world's most locked down mobile operating system"
36. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
" I think the world's most advanced operating system would be able to run on more than just 3 phones."
it does.. iphone 4, 4S and the next coming iphone. or the iphone 3Gs.. take your pick