iOS 6 adoption jumps to 15% in a mere 24 hours
0. phoneArena 21 Sep 2012, 04:30 posted on
There is one thing about Apple launches we still find kind of magical. Not really magical, but definitely enchanting - the way iOS updates massively start rolling out…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. dickwyn (Posts: 552; Member since: 07 May 2012)
ios 6 got this jump because it supports many devices compared to ics which initially supported the galaxy nexus
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 9280; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's simply not true bro. I'm also an android fan, and as one I know how slow a droid adoption is for handsets. It's something google themselves have admitted, but androids greatest strength is also its greatest weakness... It's diversity. Too many manufacturers chipsets, screen sizes and resolutions hurt the adoption rate. Not a bad thing not a good thing, just a true thing.
11. imsickwithphone (banned) (Posts: 76; Member since: 17 May 2012)
They force me to update even I don't like their crappy maps
What a shame
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 9280; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
They don't force u, just don't click to install the update
25. imsickwithphone (banned) (Posts: 76; Member since: 17 May 2012)
I don't think soo
I'm not sure but the update start to download by itself :(
12. PhoneLuver (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
The devices feel a little faster, but Facetime over 3G/4G is limited to the iPhone4S and iPad3. :-/
Why is simply beyond me!?!?
Also it automatically moves you to the AppStore of the country you happen to be in when upgrading your phone causing a nightmare when trying to update your apps.
23. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
I honestly think that's Apple limiting use on the device so people upgrade. I've been able to FaceTime on my iPhone 4 for years with jailbreak.
26. PhoneLuver (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
Ttally agree with you!! There's no other acceptable reason why!
28. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 2846; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Jellybean is even lower. I can't believe a lot of Android devices are still on Gingerbread.
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Can you please answer me Apple?
Why there is a downhill on the graph on the left?
I would only expect it only comes in uphill :(
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Sorry on the right...
Has someone uninstall the ios6? Or somebody has returned the iPhone5?
4. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1340; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
For your info, iPhone 5 BlackMarket price is around $1100 for the 16gb, 64gb is sells for $14000 in my country
damn, i wish i could move to US, iPhone 5 for only $650
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
14000?? dude where in the hell do you live??
im hoping you meant 1400.....
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
The blackberry nation :)
18. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1340; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Don't say it, it makes me feel ashamed because
blackberry = s h i t
6. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Becausw when I tried to update iOS 5 the update kept failing until 2 weeks later
14. philip_1 (Posts: 9; Member since: 28 Jul 2009)
It was not an achievement that people updated to IOS6, it was just an no other option decision!!
Achievement is to make people to stay in the line to buy a "longer Iphone 4s", called 5.
Apple do something with IOS because you are losing us!!
At least now i have beautiful clock in Ipad 2!!
PS: Thankfully my Galaxy S3 has perfect maps!
15. Lakuta (Posts: 17; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
wendygarett...r u from indonesia? hi....salam hangat...
19. ram1337 (Posts: 6; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
apple has only three models and all the phones are their own, so it is not rocket scinece that the rate of adoption is fast....... do not see anything extraordinary.
22. ronjr123 (Posts: 60; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
What I don't understand why the fragmentation issue within iOS is not discussed more. Sure their newest phones are on the same OS number, but it really isn't the same version. Different model of phones get versions of the OS.
24. rusticguy (Posts: 2811; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Sounds like same old RANT (agaist Android) -- SJ style -- about adoption rate (or fragmentation). WONDER when we get an article on wardrobe of the person who bought that 17 mil house.
29. Savage (Posts: 431; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
The 15% will have to do with Apple's terrible maps. Sadly. But I have to say, I am impressed. This is what Apple's about! Timely updates. Other OEM's should learn.
30. wolstenbeast (Posts: 25; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Massive adoption of IOS6 yes, but I have already seen 5 customers today who have bricked their 4s', a cunning Apple plan to push more I-5 sales.
I smell a conspiracy.
Seriously though Apple need to do something to improve the ease of upgrading the OS, as with every upgrade I see a disproportionately high number of upgrade failures and self bricking.
32. bonsly16 (Posts: 41; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I updated my mom's iPhone to iOS6 last night. But I have yet to update my GS3 to Jelly bean :(