iOS 5.1.1 is out, takes care of bugs
0. phoneArena 07 May 2012, 14:27 posted on
Apple released iOS 5.1.1 today - a minor update that takes care of a number of bugs in the platform. To start, network switching bugs with the new iPad have been squashed, as well as a bug that interfered with AirPlay video playback under certain conditions...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
39. Whateverman (Posts: 3250; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I wonder if there is a fix for my Google Docs that suddenly stopped working after the 5.0 update. Funny how it just stopped working just out of the blue like that. Almost as if Apple wants me to give up on it and buy their word processor instead of using the free option that has been working perfectly fine for the last two years. Maybe it's just my iPad, or maybe it's on Google's end. Just seems funny how that happend.
41. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Google it and see what fix is possibly out there...
62. Whateverman (Posts: 3250; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Yeah, I tried that. There are a lot of people with the same problem, but no one has a solution. And the help link doesn't work either. I'll figure something out, but I'm still looking forward to that 13 inch Toshiba or one of the Asus Transformers. So it may not be an issue for much longer.
63. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
that toshiba is so over priced though.. ick. If windows8 tablets werent so close, id probably throw down on a transformer and keyboard dock. As it is, i wanna see just how well compatibility mode works in W8.
69. Whateverman (Posts: 3250; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Idk about that W8 tablet. It looks okay, the UI seems very fluid. But I haven't done Windows in a while.
77. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Im way to tied into windows with tons n tons of software to go anywhere else. ha. Besides, Im not about to support the evil empire.. so my only other choice is what.. linux? did that once.. fun to play with,but i dont want to work with it 24/7.
42. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
my next door neigbor gave her kids to molech to get the new iphone 4s
44. jordan.300 (unregistered)
My update was only 42.8 MB.
46. Quezdagreat (Posts: 428; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Wow this is sad. Everybody is talking bad about the iPhone because they released a minor update. You guys are some sad nerds. Get a life
47. joey18 (Posts: 589; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
Wheres siri spanish f**k apple takes forever
50. Maximuscougar (Posts: 8; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Thanks everyone for agreeing with me (");..;(")
53. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
One thing android doesn't have. Timely updates. Some phones never get an update at all.
59. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And there's the custom rom, kernels, who and why bother for
update,s..... you'r just a typical simple iphone user,
Ur not into stuffs like cydia!!!!!
60. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
One thing Android doe's have is the NEXUS.....
61. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
How many major version updates do each iPhone get?
68. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Apple supports it for 3 years after release so it gets two additional major updates plus all the minor updates.
73. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 10659; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Many more than Motorola, that's for sure.
64. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
thats because unlike iOS, they dont get updates unless they can get the full update.. not just an update to say they are on the newest OS, yet lacking all the features, or running like cold molasses because the phone cant handle it. Those are iOS update issues.
Sometimes it better to not get the updates. Dont fix what isnt broken.
67. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Yea who would want new features. Might as well stay on the same OS forever.
70. BattleBrat (Posts: 1431; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Well with iOS you pretty much are, they don't really change it much....
78. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
that was my point. on iOS you get an update with no new features just to say you got an update, where on android you dont get the update unless you get all the features.
Great job on your lack of reading ability, troll.
83. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
So you'd rather have none of the features than some? iOS 5 gave everything to 3GS and 4 except Siri. So us iPhone users literally got 100's of new features. Meanwhile only 5% of android users are on ICS.
85. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
iOS5 gave tons of reports of massive slowdowns and compatibility issues with the 3GS and i4 if i remember right. And since Siri was the MAIN new feature other than android notifications, I'd say they got 50% of the touted features at best. 3GS cant even do the fake multitasking either as far as i remember.
And no, I would rather have a phone that is fully functional and running smoothly, than be on the latest update just to get half of it and risk issues with it pushing old hardware too hard.
My wife's phone is on stock 2.3.6, and I asked her if she would like ICS a while back.. her response was "why? everything is working perfectly without issue."
and thats the point.
besides, you cant even name 1/3rd of the new features of 5.01.. what was it you touted? 500 new bug fixes or something like that? Name 25. Tell me why it was so important.
Unlike iOS, android apps are compatible with a range of OS builds without issue. Which OS is known for app crashes? Its not Android 2.3.. its iOS 5.0. Thats the positive side to the "fragmentation" non-issue you always yack about.
89. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
so why al the fuss when ICS came out. and now have fandroids screaming for Jelly bean if they phones are working properly..???
90. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
taco has done a list of the new feautres of 5.01 if you choose to ignore it is not tacos fault.. just google it if you miss it
"besides, you cant even name 1/3rd of the new features of 5.01.. what was it you touted? 500 new bug fixes or something like that? Name 25. Tell me why it was so important."
71. xtian1103 (Posts: 363; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
is installing custom rom a legal way to update android? i mean is it the same update that comes from oems?
87. ry_ry_69 (Posts: 7; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
The article is talking about IOS 5.1.1 not android dummies