iOS 5.1 brings back the option to disable 3G
new features in iOS 5.1 include Japanese language support for voice activated personal assistant Siri, movie support in iCloud and a permanent camera shortcut for the lock screen. The camera's face detection feature now highlights all detected faces. And besides adding the option of disabling 3G connectivity to increase battery life, iOS 5.1 also fixes some bugs related to the battery.
For those rocking their Apple iPhone over AT&T's network, iOS 5.1 also replaces the 3G icon with a 4G one. This does not mean that your Apple iPhone 4S has magically become a 4G phone overnight. We have previously explained the reasons why the AT&T variant of Apple's smartphone is technically not a 4G device. And if you don't see the disable 3G option on your iPhone, it means that you haven't yet installed iOS 5.1. You can do that by using the Software Update function on iOS or by hooking your iPhone to iTunes via your computer.
1. markusmaximous (Posts: 6; Member since: 18 Mar 2011)
I have a 4S and I updated to iOS 5.1 but it does not give the enable 3G option.
28. blackhawk1 (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
my 4s does have 3g option. above mobile data like in the above shot
2. christianqwerty (Posts: 461; Member since: 05 May 2011)
The 4s doesn't have that option, I can only turn data on or off
4. saeen (Posts: 18; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
I updated 5.1 & had 4S. I gave me 3G turn off option.
3. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I didn't know you can't disable 3G on iOS devices. That's some crazy sh t! :p
6. andro. (Posts: 1977; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
It is indeed,especially as these devices are supposedly revolutionary
5. itiswhatitis (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
is there anyone who have used both 4s and android ?
12. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
I think a lot of people have, including me. Why?
13. itiswhatitis (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
just wanna know which one's better and why?
17. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Just perspective and preference. They both have their pro's and cons. I say do research and no listen to biased opinions on the board here. You're going to get nothing but uneducated hate talk from both ends. If you want, I can send you an unbiased break down for both. I've had both and love both. Just different pros and cons for both.
19. mozes316 (Posts: 142; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
Listen to MobileCaseReview, Its hard to get an unbiased opinion here. Way too many trolls.
26. itiswhatitis (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
@mobile case review ..alright help me here before i spend my damn hard-earned money on apple,where i live you can't get contract which means you have to buy things outright and cost 30% more than US prices
23. handicrapguy (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
All depends on your preferences really. Most of the people i know including myself prefer iOS due to its simplicity and overall great user experience. However i also have friends who love android for the freedom it gives them to hack and configure their phone to exactly how they like it.
8. iiiiiphonearena (banned) (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
oh no.... my mom is right, hell is real
(apple article again... = hell)
11. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
You created an account just to bash Phonearena & Apple???
15. lukasound (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
"a favor for its power using customers"
There are Apple power users? Really? Well, those who are, are jailbraking anyways, so this has no point...
18. SteveDFive (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
I did the update on my 4S and now my camera will not launch from the lock screen.
The wife's iPhone 4 had the same result after the update.
20. markusmaximous (Posts: 6; Member since: 18 Mar 2011)
You scroll the cam icon up instead of just tapping it.
24. hotmiamiblue (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
no need to upadate to ios 5.1 for iphone 4s coz on ios 5.0.1 jailbreak gives that option of 3g toggle i think jailbreakers are more intelligent than ios engeniers lol
25. holleys99 (unregistered)
I can't update to ios 5.1!!! Please help me!
29. eddieM (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2010)
After I updated Siri sounds different.... Has this happend to anyone else?