iMessage outage today affected 30% of users
0. phoneArena 09 Jul 2013, 19:56 posted on
When we hear about a messaging platform failing, like Gmail or Facebook, usually service is affected for a small percentage of users, but today was one of the bigger outages we've seen in a long time. Apple's iMessage service went down this afternoon for about 45 minutes, and the outage affected about 30% of users...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5850; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
iMessage seems to be iNotreadyforprimetime.
4. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3639; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
How dare something have an outage. Not like it's never happened before.
2. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
That's acceptable. Look at the scale of what iMessage is today. It's huge, they're allowed to have hiccups. I just switched to android and iMessage is the feature I miss the most. Just the fact that text messages automatically switched to iMessages when the other person also has an iphone was all around impressive. I never had any problems with iMessage, which so many techies are always complaining about
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 11822; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well said, it's no biggie, but fanboys won't let it rest.
7. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Oh please, get off your self-righteous High Apple Horse, iOS is riddled with hiccups!! And, when the hiccups go the wrong way they just get ejected through the other end.
3. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3639; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Wow 45 minutes that only affected a small number of users. I don't see how this is even a major issue like Michael is hinting at.
17. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3639; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I haven't noticed anything going on with iMessage for me.
11. alltechinside (Posts: 246; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Its an issue because this has been happening several times now. I hear about iMessage outage several times almost every few weeks. If this happened rarely, it wouldn't be a huge issue. Not to mention that 30% of users had problems with iMessage.....
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 11822; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude 45 minutes man, not 45 hrs or days. An issue ? Yes of course, catastrophic? No. Lets see how you all speak up when google has an issue. This happens in mobile tech dude, in the broad scope of things it's really not a big deal. Relax...
13. alltechinside (Posts: 246; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Not saying it never happend to Google, or any other tech companies, but it's been happening frequently lately for iMessage. This happened TWICE this week:http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57579338-37/apples-imessage-facetime-hit-with-second-outage-this-week/
And where did Google come into this picture? Never have I mentioned Google or anything else other than iMessage. Seems like someone is upset for being criticized of their favorite company -_-
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 11822; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm not upset, nor is apple my favorite company. If I had a favorite company, it would be Chevy, cuz they made my beloved C-6 Corvette. 400 HP and 400 foot pounds of delicious torque at my disposal. And I mentioned google.
8. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
.... because the other 70% balance is your water-weight ratio??
18. Newton (Posts: 14; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
What if android provides same kind of features, and a standalone app for ios. Rip bbm, whatsapp and iMessage