iExpander provides iPhone with a better flash, microSD card slot, and twice the battery life
0. phoneArena 13 Sep 2012, 09:44 posted on
Yes, we know that it is iPhone 5 season, but this iPhone 4S accessory we spotted on Kickstarter seems too cool to be overlooked. It is called the iExpander and makes your iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S better in more than one way. First up, the accessory comes equipped with a battery that is identical to the one inside the iPhone 4S, so you have twice the power to get you through a day of extensive use. However, that is just the beginning...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. satydesh (Posts: 71; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Till last year apple was setting example to mobile industry.but this year samsung setting example in performance and nokia innovations.this truth and you should accept apple nothing new this year!!!
18. chemhaz (Posts: 160; Member since: 04 May 2012)
It's been like that for longer than a year.
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8260; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I guess the extra bulk would be worth it in the long run. I would buy it if I had an iPhone.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8260; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The extra flash and Micro SD card slot is the biggest selling point.
4. MelvinPainter (Posts: 51; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
If all apple can do is sue people to keep their product bland, than I shall buy something other than.
16. cheetah2k (Posts: 808; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
The iPhone should already come with removeable storage - just like 99% of all the other phones out there...
Come on Apple, its 2012, not 2007 (and no MMS and 3G) all over again....
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8260; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It is. I really hope this sells. Its a good idea that has potential.
8. antmiu2 (Posts: 204; Member since: 19 Jun 2011)
or just buy a phone that can natively do all that
9. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3009; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Uh huh....uh huh...uh huh...ok. So it's basically not iP5's accessory... Somebody just realized it is better to do something for the iP4 series than to enhance anything for the iP5.
And i have to agree with you, antmiu2...that can be done.
17. cheetah2k (Posts: 808; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Thats right, lets pay $100 for a case that gives us all the functionality of an Android phone......
Removeable storage? Whats that? Who needs it?.... (sarcasm) :p
11. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Would rather buy a phone which eliminates the need to buy these sort of accessories.
12. yowanvista (Posts: 304; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Afaik iOS doesn't have Fat32 nor NTFS drivers or even a file manager, so how will people even browse the MicroSD card?
13. networkdood (Posts: 6267; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Pretty cool - almost makes me want to overspend on an iphone...almost
14. rainyday (Posts: 44; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
meh...I'll pass, size and fit are more important to me than all the crap shown in the video
15. buccob (Posts: 1416; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
This look like an Expansion to a Moto Razr Maxx... Battery, micro SD, dual flash (though the iphone's camera is better)...
If only this would let you boot to Jelly Bean.....
19. tokuzumi (Posts: 273; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
That's a sweet accessory. I wish a quality accessory like that would come out for the Galaxy Nexus.
23. sarge77 (Posts: 202; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
you know this would also sound great for android phones that lack SD card support start production for htc one please and the nexus phones as well with no SD card support. Iphones always get the gadgets first.