Zuckerberg seeking Samsung produced Facebook phone?
0. phoneArena 18 Jun 2013, 06:12 posted on
In South Korea for business, Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg met with J.K. Shin and other top executives from the Korean tech titan's mobile division; according to one anonymous insider, "Facebook has every intention of becoming the second Google, and with that intent in mind, Zuckerberg is said to have asked Samsung to step up cooperation by launching a phone with a Facebook interface."...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. joey_sfb (Posts: 3836; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Google with all the different services just barely made it. Face book don't have a prayer. Generation Z have expectation higher than the dark side of the moon.
12. lovefist (unregistered)
Zuck really doesn't get it. The htc first has good build quality and it didn't sell well. And now they're gonna ask help from an oem known for creating less than exciting phones (in terms of build quality).. Ugh can't they just be smart and stay the h3ll out of the way of stock android.
2. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
You are start with a wrong move..
3. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
News flash, Zuck. The HTC First tanked because it was a Facebook phone, not because it wasn't a Samsung.
24. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
This. Not to mention Facebook Home sucks.
4. piyath (Posts: 152; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
HTC is u useless. They can't rule the world. Only samsung can. They have shown that to the world. Even fb knows that. Good move Mark.
5. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
what a stupid comment, samsung dont rule the world
and HTC arent useless, considering there HTC one is standing toe to toe with the s4 they cant be useless
go be mindless elsewhere
6. iushnt (Posts: 868; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
dont just compare one model..htc one is just a good looking phone, it can never create the hype of s4 and never come close in terms of sales figures..however htc one is a nice device, the only problem is it is made by an unknown company for many people and that is HTC. It is clear that today samsung rules the world
8. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
wow you really go overboard. HTC arent an unknown company in any sense there still up there with samsung etc in the general public mindset.
and sales dont speak for the best, this sales=best mentality is becoming too over the top. and the hype of the s4, the s4 is living off the s3's success. just like how the iphone 5 rode on the 4s's success. neither were massive improvements but thanks to marketing and making it seem the must have device sales were expected
and no samsung doesnt rule the world, thats a stupid thing to state
13. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1023; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
This. Samsung's Galaxy brand is getting as known as the iPhones at least where i live, i have had at least a dozen of persons asking if my HTC was a Galaxy. General mindset is every Android phone is a Galaxy and there is nothing but Galaxys. Samsung spends much money on advertising and that is where the brand recognition comes in, "Oh it is on the TV it must be the best phone ever!".
19. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
ohh i completely agree, what im trying to say is HTC isnt a unknown company, there still around and people know them. the fact samsung has pulled off the same trick as apple with marketing doesnt mean HTC are nothing now and unknown like he states
considering the amount of fanatic sammy fans it shows samsung has achieved apple levels of marketing.
25. iushnt (Posts: 868; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
i know it is not that unknown but very unknown in many countries like India and other emerging markets..when we talk about htc they take it as a cheap chinese oem as they (not all but many)have never heard of it..
7. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
You also not rule the world, does that mean that you are useless? Because according to your logic you should be useless too?
23. amats69 (Posts: 1217; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Rule the world? seriously kiddo? stup!d comment indeed!
27. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 206; Member since: 14 May 2013)
LOL "rule the world"? That escalated quickly.
10. tiara6918 (Posts: 1897; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Samsung already knows htc failed with the first and now they're gonna produce a facebook phone? Does samsung want to release a new handset every day?Seriously, they're already flooding the market, a few handsets from theirs would already be enough
11. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I fail to see how Facebook is going to compete with Google. Google provides services I actually need: cloud e-mail, search, news. Facebook lets me know what my brother ate for dinner last night.
14. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
The real FB phone is and will always be a wp. You can't reproduce Zucky!
15. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Nah, leave the facebool failphones to HTC. Samsung makes too many devices already.
If people want Facebook on their devices, fine, there are apps for that.
17. mottykels (Posts: 372; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Zuck do your own os dont forced android to be a fb flatform duh?
21. Topcat488 (Posts: 1182; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
If Facebook created their own OS it would be called Facebook Internet or FBI.
18. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6950; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
DAMN FB GIVE THE FCK up already. no ONE WANTS YOUR DUMB phone that tracks people all the time
20. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1719; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Doesn't matter who makes your phone, Facebook, no one is going to buy them.
22. chris2589 (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 May 2012)
This is sad he should be concentrating in bringing a better experience and upgrading their app wich is horrible especially in tablets
26. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 196; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
Facebook is arrogant for not rolling out a native Facebook app and also Instagram to Windows Phone! Come on Zuck! WP is growing fast and very promising, it's already the 3rd major OS in the market! Why not reconsider releasing FB and Instagram to WP?! :/