ZTE finally releases its affordable mid-ranger – the Nubia 5S mini – in the States
0. phoneArena 20 Aug 2014, 09:57 posted on
ZTE came about to release its Nubia 5S mini to the US markets in a very sneaky fashion. The phone was initially released in China at the end of last year. There hasn't been much information about it since, or whether it will be available to western markets, but it's here now and can be bought for $280 off-contract.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. SemiFinal (Posts: 57; Member since: 26 Jul 2014)
I don't think it is, the specs are quite a bit higher than the moto g and is priced accordingly
18. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2988; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Yea the SAC sounds way better to me.
3. Mube007 (Posts: 95; Member since: 24 Sep 2013)
again snapdragon 400 what the hell why not snap
16. p51d007 (Posts: 66; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
Because the 400 is optimized for a 720p screen, or so I've read.
4. Sharky (Posts: 119; Member since: 24 Jun 2008)
Wouldn't it be better to compare it to the price of the Moto G LTE since this has LTE?
5. irbaaz (Posts: 58; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
Xiaomi mi-3 is much cheaper than this device in India and still with better specification....
6. SemiFinal (Posts: 57; Member since: 26 Jul 2014)
At least we are getting more foreign phones here, instead of basically having to choose between a Samsung or an Apple
8. Zinop (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Yeah im pretty sure the asian version has a Snapdragon 600 instead of a 400. Ive looked into this phone a lot last year and it had the 600. Would find it pretty strange if they suddenly added a 400 into it.
10. antifanboy14 (Posts: 68; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
Overpriced, decent specs, but the lack of SD card expansion and a little battery doesn't tickle my fancy.
13. TheBern (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
Just got myself the ZTE Nubia Z7 mini from an online store in China.
Snapdragon 801, 16GB/2GB SD slot and Dual SIM 4G for $330.
15. lachie (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
Yes! Been looking at that one. Please tell me your thoughts on the Z7 Mini... also where did you buy it?
19. TheBern (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
Bought it online at an AliExpress store.
Came in a few days, rooted, with the language pack and GApps installed.
Phone is great, just the battery capacity could be larger.
14. Doakie (Posts: 1252; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Hmm. That actually does sound like a perfectly good alternative to the Moto G LTE. $50 more for a larger screen, twice the internal space, way higher megapixel camera. However for $20 more you could get a Huawei Ascend Mate2 4G which has a significantly larger screen, and an insanely long battery life. If I was looking in that price range I'd go Ascend Mate2 4G.
17. Adrian38 (Posts: 126; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
I've read on many other sites that it's actually clocked at 1.2 GHz and it DOES have a Micro SD slot.