ZTE beats Motorola to announcing an Intel-powered phone, meet the ZTE Grand X IN
0. phoneArena posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:00
It looks like Intel-based smartphones are finally starting to pop up. Motorola, for example, announced that it will hold an event on September 18, and judging by the Intel logo found on the invitation, we can be 100% sure that a smartphone with Intel Inside is involved...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PhoneArenaUser posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:12 8
Thanks. but not interested, the reasons why:
1. 4.3 inch (to small screen)
2. 540x960 (resolution is to low)
3. Ice Cream Sandwich (want Jelly Bean)
4. 1650 mAh (want bigger capacity)
It is only my opinion.
7. Non_Sequitur posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:22 2
I just read "ZTE" and noped right on out of here.
12. networkdood posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:58 1
I agree - it is interesting - ICS should not be a reason to not buy the phone as ICS is great on its own. Bigger battery, 4G LTE, quad core should be what all companies shoot for.
14. PhoneArenaUser posted on 30 Aug 2012, 11:14 3
I agree, ICS is good, but we are looking forward, right? :)
26. TROLL (limited) 4 days ago posted on 30 Aug 2012, 15:05 0
Also it looks like a HTC Sensation. Rear camera looks
like the Desire HD.
27. PhoneArenaUser posted on 30 Aug 2012, 15:18 0
There already is ZTE Grand X just with Nvidia Tegra 2.
28. downphoenix posted on 30 Aug 2012, 15:21 2
Wow, aren't you spoiled?
4.3 is too small? 540x960 is too low res? ICS is too old? 1650 mah is too small? You DO know that not every phone that is manufactured is top of the line, right?
29. PhoneArenaUser posted on 30 Aug 2012, 15:44 1
"Wow, aren't you spoiled?"
No, I'm not.
"4.3 is too small?"
Yes, for me it is too small.
"540x960 is too low res?"
Yes, for me it is to low res.
"ICS is too old?"
I didn't said that ICS is too old! Where do you see that?
"1650 mah is too small?"
Yes for me it is too small, there already is 3300mAh and even 5 year old Nokia N95 has 1200mAh.
"You DO know that not every phone that is manufactured is top of the line, right?"
Yes, I know, so what? Did I have mentioned that it is top of the line? NO!
I just have told why I'm not interested in this device also I have said that it is only my opinion!
31. 305Bucko posted on 30 Aug 2012, 20:05 1
haha I enjoyed reading that xD
34. PhoneArenaUser posted on 31 Aug 2012, 05:39 0
32. theBankRobber posted on 30 Aug 2012, 20:43 0
Looks like someone can read, good for you.
13. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2012, 11:03 2
Nexus S was ahead of its time and set a distinctive design style away from iPhone. GS3 and many other phone take cue from it.
3. Veigald posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:14 0
Only one core in an Android phone in 2012? That requires some more education of the tween fanboi crowd.
4. jasongohjr posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:16 2
The bump at the end makes it looks like a galaxy s
5. AnotherOne posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:16 0
That UI is going to be really laggy. It looks pretty heavy to me!
6. mas11 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:19 1
But nobody cares about ZTE. I've never even seen anyone with a ZTE phone.
11. FranksGT posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:51 1
ZTE WARP on Boost is a big hit smartphone. Its preferred on the prepaid system for a reason. It has decent specs for something fairly cheap.
16. 305Bucko posted on 30 Aug 2012, 11:33 1
You know whats ironic... in the US ZTE is a nobody cares. Where as in other parts of the world HTC is the under rated company.
In south america ZTE is mad popular and nobody has even heard of HTC
10. FranksGT posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:50 1
Looks kinda like the original nexus for sprint.
Besides the horrible specs not including the intel// don't know how fast it is.
This better be a budget friend phone or perhaps prepaid. This wont sell on contract unless its close to free.
20. Jay_F posted on 30 Aug 2012, 11:40 0
And there's the biggest "meh" of the year. You're better than that Intel. You're very late to the phone processor game, but you should have come with something much better than that. That's like 2009 tech.
21. Cyan3boN posted on 30 Aug 2012, 11:58 0
Lava xolo 900 is the first intel based smartphone.
30. osanilevich posted on 30 Aug 2012, 18:36 0
wow if intel processors only need one core, I can't wait to see what this phone can really do. Maybe even a little showdown with the new Snapdragon Pro?
33. emdot82 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 20:54 0
I'm not impress with this phone at all but is not like ZTE ever made a great phone