ZTE Tania heralds redefined WP Mango specifications, first press pictures appear
The highlights of the ZTE Tania’s specs include:
- 4.3-inch WVGA display,
- a 1GHz processor,
- 512MB of RAM,
- 4GB of internal memory,
- a 5-megapixel camera
- 3G HSPA, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and A-GPS.
Now, the 4GB of internal memory wouldn’t be a big deal in Android land, but for Microsoft’s platform, up until now, the minimum requirement asked for 8GB. The Chassis 1 specification, as it’s widely known, required a Qualcomm chip as well. Now, a slide out of Microsoft’s 2011 Shinagawa Conference in Japan confirms those have been changed to include lower-end devices:
- CPU is not specified,
- 2GB or more internal storage,
- Capacitive Touch Panel- 4 points or over multi-touch,
- 3MP+ camera,
- MicroUSB, 3.5mm jack,
- Sensors - A-GPS, Accelometer, Compass, Proximity.
Probably the biggest change seems to be the unspecified processor, which would allow more choice for phone makers. Currently, the low- to mid-end smartphone segments are well represented by Android, but could WP make a splash there as well?
source: mobiFlip (translated), WPCentral
1. GSM (unregistered) posted on 28 Sep 2011, 04:18 2 0
Nice-looking and very well crafted
2. kainy posted on 28 Sep 2011, 04:58 0 0
I think if the devices have 2GB storage, the OMS must put SD slot on the device ... only the OS takes about 1GB of storage ...
3. misternobg (unregistered) posted on 28 Sep 2011, 05:31 1 0
I think that this phone will be a hit here in Serbia, I mean why someone would buy Nokia handset with same 4.3" display and similar specifics and for sure more expensive when he can buy ZTE much cheaper? I like the design.
5. venkat vijay (unregistered) posted on 28 Sep 2011, 06:42 0 0
This handset looks, same design as microsoft own promotional handset, in mango demos. its really of awesome design and size, i feel only drawback is
very less storage and will it be available in india?