ZTE Nubia Z7 rumored with a 6.3-inch screen beyond 1080p, 8-core processor
0. phoneArena 10 Jan 2013, 08:14 posted on
Ready for a rumor that is as wild as a bobcat? Well, you better have a salt shaker nearby. It is being reported that ZTE is already working on a new flagship Android smartphone called the Nubia Z7...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
cant help but laugh at the name Nubia ...i must be watching too much porn i guess
3. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Those are sum killer specs. Zte must really want sum media attention the only thing i like is the processor &a battery life. Pretty sure the report is false
4. ajac09 (Posts: 1480; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I love how this rumor appears AFTER the Samsung announcement... kind of interesting time dont you think? and some of the specs.. the SSD drive will NOT happen. I have a feeling this "tipster" is phonearena.
6. yyuu1000 (Posts: 173; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
the phones are getting toooooooooo big make them from 4.3 to max 5.5
make more 4.7 inch and 5 inch phones
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I think that sooner or later smartphone size will stop growing around 5.5" because bigger is definitely not ergonomic according to humans physiology.
15. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Don't worry. Iphones aren't changing anytime soon.
9. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Beasty specs but if its just about grabbing headlines its not worth much to me. However, if ZTE really is bringing their A game with this device, I would love to see it outside in the wild.
10. jove39 (Posts: 1669; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Don't know what to say...6.3" with 2560x1440 resolution...8 Cores...4000mAh battery...is it imagination!
12. pslee (Posts: 40; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
this is like a computer spec. i say in two years, phone are capable of running anything that a laptop can do???
13. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
don't forget the transition to 64 bit will ensure 4GB of RAM will be on our devices pretty soon. By then, we can no longer call them phones but practically smaller computers.
32. keithinvegas (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
My Samsung Note 2 is a small computer. It completes 60% of what I need done during the day.
14. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I need a new pair of underwear. I just crapped my pants.
16. jibraihimi (Posts: 742; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
6.3" 2560 by 1440 screen, 1.4 GHZ octocore processor, 4000MAH battery, 128GB internal memory. The specs of this tablet is insane, hope they launch this tablet with same specs, but I'm thinking about it's price, hope the price of this tablet is not as Insane as it's specs........... And ya I called it's tablet because it's one, anything above 6" should come under tablet category not Phones or phablet, phablet could be between 5"-6", above this it should be tablet. If we call this as phablet or phone, then even Nexus 7, samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 etc should also come into phablet category, because they are little bit bigger than this device, and Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 can also make regular cellular phone calls.........
17. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
I really cant think of a display better than HTC droid dna... and on it also...its only slightly better than 720p phones.. will this huge display in small screen.. be useful.?
19. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 251; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
8-core cpu with Mali-T658 gpu.... This is the new Samsung Exynos 5 octa processor!!!
20. dc0321 (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
please stop the screen size war and start a battery life war instead....we want more juice！！we want more juice！！
21. Lifengineer (Posts: 44; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
I find this race so idiot and has a limit! I mean who needs a 400 or 500 or 600 ppi screen!!!
However battery life has no boundaries ! The more you give the more I can use my phone!
24. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 410; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Agreed! Everyone seems to be focused on faster chipsets and higher megapixel cameras, but nobody seems to be addressing the battery life issue that has existed since the beginning of android.
25. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 410; Member since: 26 May 2011)
As a owner of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, I'll be the first to admit the I'm very impressed with the battery life considering I live in a 4G area. Under light use I can get more than 3 days out of my device. Under moderate use I can get 1.5 up 2 days. I haven't put it to a heavy usage test.
26. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 410; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I haveThunderbolt with a single core clocked at 1GHz, rezound battery that has a 1620mAh capacity and battery saving apps to maximize the battery life. The Note 2 comes with a quad core clocked at 1.6GHz and a battery just under twice the size of the rezound battery with a capacity of 3100mAh and the stock power saving features.
I can barely get just over a full day out of my Thunderbolt under light usage.
27. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 410; Member since: 26 May 2011)
So it will be interesting to see what kind of battery longevity per charge these new octa cores will produce.
28. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 410; Member since: 26 May 2011)
By the way this comparison was made based on the phones primarily operating in a WiFi environment.
22. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
wow this is insane now. make 7inch cell phone already.
23. Techsplash (Posts: 41; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
yes sure why not.guys be positive.when it will release in two years so why not.
29. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I'm pretty sure those specs we will be seeing toward the second half of this year, the Note 3 and whatever ZTE decide to use (Octa core exynos wouldn't be too far fetched).
30. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 410; Member since: 26 May 2011)
It's going to take at least two years worth of technology improvements for me to consider putting my Note 2 down. Octa cores and higher mega pixel cameras along won't be enough make me put my Note 2 down.
31. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
OMG specs to die for. Hope this is clocked at 2.5Ghz.
34. phil2n (Posts: 487; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
7 inches is now a cell phone!!!. for the next following months the minimum size of tablet will be 10 inches
35. iroxkxraybandss98 (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
The picture looks just like the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 pics going around, also the 8-Core Processor is what Samsung Just announced, and a S-Pen Look Alike... This is totally A replica of the Galaxy Note 3 Rumors!