ZTE Nubia Z5 goes official: 5-inch 1080p lean Android beast
0. phoneArena 26 Dec 2012, 07:04 posted on
The ZTE Nubia Z5 has leaked here and there, and by now the device is far from being a secret. Still, there is nothing like an official unveiling and confirmation of the beastly…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jove39 (Posts: 1331; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
All specs aside...3,000 mAh battery makes me feel happy about it...thanks ZTE for recognizing user concern for better battery life.
4. Victor.H (Posts: 462; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Sadly, it's a mistake on our part. In reality, the battery is 2,300mAh.
7. MeoCao (unregistered)
Still this is good job from ZTE, thinner and more battery than DNA
8. mxb545 (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Dec 2012)
If it has removable battery and removable storage ill be impressed, but if it doesnt then a power user won't get threw the day with out charging this once or twice. I have a note 2 and I get about 3/4th of a day out of mine with heavy use (and I have tweaked the settings on mine so it doesn't leach data).
11. AstronautJones (Posts: 272; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Specs Page says NO microSD. And NO GPS?
3. jo130 (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Dec 2012)
official site write 2300 mah only....please correct..for normal version
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
A 13MP camera without auto focus... Why?
12. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5954; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
This is the kind of omission that can mean the difference between piddling along and a successful launch. Probably the omission of auto focus was due to design compromise. The experienced players (just some that immediately come to mind : Apple, HTC, Nokia, Sammy) know that autofocus is a must have feature. IMO, this is a learning experience for ZTE. Hopefully v. 2.0 improves their offering.
6. ryq24 (Posts: 535; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
lenovo already have a 5" phone. i think the model number is K860. although the specs are not the same but the screen is very good.
10. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Was gonna say, it's very HTC-esque design...
16. ahhxd717 (Posts: 320; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
Yeah, I thought the same thing. Nice looking phone though
14. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1467; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I was so happy to see it has 3000 mAh and then saw the correction. But it is still pretty decent size battery. However, we all want big battery!! I really can careless about the thickness of the phone. I put case on HTC One X and I still think it's thin. Please make phones a bit thicker with much bigger battery :D I will pay $100 extra on contract just to get a phone with battery 4000mAh or bigger.
15. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
No micro sd, no GPS, No autofocus in camera, and less powerfull battery will be the acchilles heels of this phone........... Ok people can forgive them for other things since battery is atleast 2300MAH, so we can at least expect one day of normal usage, and internal memory is 32GB, so it's also not a big problem..... But no GPS...???!!! Really, are they competing with first gen iPhone with this feature......
Otherwise overall it's good looking phone, but omissions mentioned above make it a hard sell at 550$....
17. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Ditto, still think they've a lot to learn, they're fairly new to the top end range of phones so still need some time before they can compete with Apple/Samsung/HTC/Nokia etc but they're getting there.
18. Twisted247 (Posts: 260; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
2 things not mentioned in the article.. I camera although it's 13mp has NO auto focus. Also the phone has no gps capabilities not like it doesn't have the apps it doesn't have the hardware.. How the he'll do you release a phone in 2013 as a flagship and not have gps.. Do those retards realize how many options they just cut off at the knees.
19. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
This isn't their flagship, ironically they've another 5 inch 1080p display and i can't tell whether this is their run of the mill top end.
21. Mr.Alawi (Posts: 14; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
it doesn't have to be in the artical.. check the source it does have AF for camera and it does have GPS ...
22. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3042; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I am impressed by all the specs and it doesn't look half bad neither but I really think high end power house phones with those specs should have a beastly 3000+ mAh battery. My Note 2 lasts like twice as long as my SGS3 did.