ZTE Grand S to be revealed at CES, 5 inch screen and all
0. phoneArena posted on 13 Dec 2012, 10:17
According to the CES 2013 website, Chinese handset manufacturer ZTE will be introducing its 5 inch beast, the ZTE Grand S, on January 8th; the device is equipped with a 5 inch full HD screen (1080p) and will be made of ceramic while featuring traditional Chinese design for the new flagship handset in ZTE's lineup...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
14. PhenomFaz posted on 14 Dec 2012, 00:53 1 0
aw man dont be like that, it'll be the year they fall flat on their a$$e$!
13. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 13 Dec 2012, 14:35 4 0
2012 for me. I have a HTC Droid DNA & LOVE IT SO MUCH!
15. kartik4u98 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 01:21 0 0
2010-Big screens with wvga resolution.
2011-Dual core phones with some good cameras(mostly 8mp)
2012-Quad core party with 720p Hd displays
2013-Full HD displays + Super quad core(4 A15 cores) or maybe 8 cores !!
2014-maybe the year of flexible displays and great tablets!
2. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 13 Dec 2012, 10:37 6 0
7.6mm? Hmm what about battery?
4. Gideon9090 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 11:01 2 0
This year the CES and MWC are going to be plagued of 1080p phones, can't wait!!!
5. zvioocge posted on 13 Dec 2012, 11:13 4 0
let's see what apple's "Retina Display" will deal with 1080P displays
7. No_Nonsense posted on 13 Dec 2012, 11:20 4 0
That would be called a Cornea display and would be the first time you've seen it on a phone (Apple's words not mine).
10. MistB posted on 13 Dec 2012, 12:11 1 0
But what happens when you make out the slightest pixel or purple haze? Simple, your viewing it wrong!
6. pfroo40 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 11:17 2 1
"Traditional Chinese style.", isn't that code for KIRF?
9. MistB posted on 13 Dec 2012, 12:10 0 0
Not really, unless you've been living under an Engadget rock for the past few months a lot of Chinese OEMs have stepped up their game with leaks and unveilings to a high degree of standards and are beyond Engadget's ignoramus portrayal of all Chinese made goods as KIRFs.
11. android1234 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 12:35 0 0
If its a standard for 1080p its fine, but I have some time comparing the 1080p display of the HTC DNA and the 720p on my SAMSUNG GS3, and the difference is negligible, don't really notice any difference. But since all phones are going 1080p , it'll be good to have.
12. aokde posted on 13 Dec 2012, 13:56 0 0
2013 is the year where innovation kinda slows down, we have quad cores built with 28nm and 20nm soon (14nm also), LTE, NFC, 1080p, thin light weight devices, big screens, umm what else, oh yeah good cameras, you get the point...2014 we will start to see new technologies i hope, can't wait!!
16. thunderising posted on 14 Dec 2012, 03:33 0 0
Man I already bought a mid range droid. Thought of upgrading to Nexus 4 but nah. The next push will be when ARMv8 chipsets appear in 2014. That's the time frame I'm aiming at.
And push aside 5", I want manufacturers making quality phones of reasonable 4.3" size and put HD display and quad cores on them.