ZTE Grand Memo hands-on
0. phoneArena 25 Feb 2013, 09:20 posted on
ZTE Grand Memo is pretty grand, and that's the first thought you come across when you take it in your hands, as we were struggling to operate it and had to resort to both palms for easier handling of the glossy plastic chassis...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. redmd (Posts: 1024; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
not so well executed phablet. they coud have remove those bezels or opt to on-screen controls. oh well back to the drawing board.
2. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1001; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I was just reading Engadget and they are mentioning the Grand Memo as having the Snapdragon 800 processor. I don't know if that's another version of the phone or what, but it's interesting to note that there is a Grand Memo with a Snapdragon 800 processor out there.
13. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1001; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
It looks like PA updated their article so ignore my comment.
3. Potatoes (Posts: 5; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
The huge battery is because they didn't put energy efficient processor and display, like sony does. Not impressed.
5. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
720p not efficient over a 1080p, eh?? S4 Pro is the same processor plus it has a larger battery so I don't get it.
7. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
S800* processor, if anything I'd say the processor is far too powerful for the low-ish resolution for this size, 2GB of RAM should be the minimum requirement for phablets going past 5.5 inches.
6. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3396; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I don't understand why they would put such a beast of a processor into a phone with a 720 display & 1 GB of RAM. The phone clearly doesn't need that kind of power to run properly. What a waste.
14. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3396; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Well, they amended the article to reflect that it actually has 2GB of RAM, but with a 720 screen, I still think the processor is overkill. I'd much rather see it in a device that has top-notch specs all aorund.
8. Taksh.shines (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
and everything else gr8........
10. Taters (Posts: 4624; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The Qualcomm 800 one is supposed to be 1080p.
If this has the Qualcomm 800, then Samsung better not use the 600 in the GS4. If the GS4 packed the Qualcomm 800 and a 3000 mah battery like the RAZR Maxx' then its game over for everyone else.
12. abd.champ (Posts: 7; Member since: 09 Feb 2013)
sooo ... i can guess s4 will have snapdragon 800 instead of 600(according to rumors) :P
15. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
s800 is available,, so theres no need for sammy to get into s600
18. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4170; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Samsung will probably use the 600 just for convenience of release. The 800 isn't supposed to be commercially available until June at the earliest, it's just sampling right now. If Samsung announces the GS4 with the 800 in March, that means it won't be actually released for nearly 3 months, which is much too long of a wait. Unless the 800 becomes commercially available earlier than expected, which I doubt, Samsung will use the 600.
19. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It will be available if Samsung says so simply because Qualcomm won't miss out on a 100.000.000 order. But if the 800 drains too much energy, Sammy might skip on it for that alone, and would be wise to do so, as after lag is completely gone, battery performance becomes more important than benchmarks with no notable difference to the user.
16. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
It is disappointing that such a capable processor is placed on a phone with a 720p display, the specs on this phone are amazing and then you see the 720p display. If the screen was 5 inches or smaller than it isn't a problem but at a size of 5.7 inches, a difference between 1080p and 720p can be distinguished.
17. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4170; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Why in the world would you put that beast into such a low (in comparison) spec'd phone, it's a waste.