ZTE, Alcatel, Huawei, and LG will make Firefox OS phones: coming with apps like Facebook, Twitter, Cut The Rope
0. phoneArena 24 Feb 2013, 11:32 posted on
Mozilla has just announced that it got four phone makers on board its brand new HTML5-based Firefox OS. LG, Huawei, ZTE and Alcatel are the ones…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
I wouldn't say that Android is king. But they are 1 half of the Twin Terrors. I don't think this will take significant market share from Google immediately. And with the fact that it's going to be for small user base for at least the next few years. Google will not allow them to use any of their services. Hacks will come maybe but not official software. And not gain traction until they can come up with a workaround
8. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
And i would want that to end ... , no one should be KING in democratic world order :)
2. luis_lopez_351 (Posts: 951; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Hopefully this succeeds. Android must not become too powerful. Apple tactics all over again.
3. arfinkhan (Posts: 25; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
yes it will success if nokia join for low range
4. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
nokia will not make a firefox phone... they are to preoccupied on WP8
5. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
To be honest i ahve seen the hands on test of firefox OS and it looks plain boring. Good luck to it but i also have a question. If it is based solely on the web then what happens to an area where you cant get signal??
7. Glim12808 (Posts: 393; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I've seen the demo video of the OS... it's painfully slow. It couldn't be the low specs of the demo phones because WP runs smoothly on the same low specs. I pity the people in emerging markets who would unknowingly buy one of these phones.