ZENONIA 4 hits the Android Market with full HD graphics
0. phoneArena 11 Feb 2012, 22:19 posted on
The ZENONIA series is one of the best RPGs on mobile devices, and the newest iteration by GAMEVIL is looking to bring the game up to the standards of the high end devices that we have on the market now...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. davin8r (Posts: 45; Member since: 28 Apr 2011)
wtf? I played better-looking games at the arcade in the 1980s. If they can put Dead Space on a phone and make it look so damned good, why are we getting excited about stuff like this?
3. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Due to the limitation of the phones hardware at present, your dream won't be fulfilled anytime soon. So stop whining, if you don't like it don't play it.
9. davin8r (Posts: 45; Member since: 28 Apr 2011)
My point is that since Dead Space is available on Android phones, it proves that current phone hardware is *not* a limitation for high quality games. These other little "full HD" games are just in a completely different league. It's like getting excited about going back to play Zelda after you've been playing Skyrim.
14. SleepingOz (unregistered)
A good game is not only about graphic! But well, I didn't expect such an ignorant like you to know that..
17. davin8r (Posts: 45; Member since: 28 Apr 2011)
Ignorant is an adjective, not a noun, but I shouldn't expect a grammatically challenged junior high school student like you to understand that. ;)
5. SleepingOz (unregistered)
How ignorant! I feel embarrassed for you.
10. davin8r (Posts: 45; Member since: 28 Apr 2011)
I feel embarrassed for your lack of ability to come up with a creative insult.
13. SleepingOz (unregistered)
You talking about your own comment above, innit?
6. jellytime (Posts: 135; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
It's not f**king easy making a high quality game!
11. davin8r (Posts: 45; Member since: 28 Apr 2011)
I'm sure it isn't, but to speak of this as some kind of cutting-edge HD game that is "up to the standards of current high end devices" is a huge overstatement.
15. BioTek (Posts: 53; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
What an awful exaggeration you have developed with that comment of yours. "I played better-looking games at the arcade in the 1980s." No, no you have not. Zenonia 4 is not, nor was it ever meant, to have graphics similar to Dead Space.
18. davin8r (Posts: 45; Member since: 28 Apr 2011)
Ok yes, that was an exaggeration on my part. However, the original news story post that this game is "up to the standards of current high end devices" is also a significant exaggeration.
22. BioTek (Posts: 53; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
"Zenonia 4 is not, nor was it ever meant, to have graphics similar to Dead Space."
With the style of graphics Gamevil did try to create, they succeeded magnificently. It's like a classic RPG look but reinvented with current high-end technology.
23. davin8r (Posts: 45; Member since: 28 Apr 2011)
I'm happy for the fans who like the graphics style. Calling it "high-end technology", however, is a huge stretch IMO. (maybe that should have been my original post instead of the highly inflammatory 1980s arcade stuff) :)
16. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2696; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Full 3D graphics isn't the only way to have impressive visuals in a game. The world of cell-shading, sprites, and animation has come a long way. Just because you don't seem to appreciate it doesn't mean the game has bad graphics.
20. davin8r (Posts: 45; Member since: 28 Apr 2011)
Bad graphics is always going to be a relative term and in the eye of the beholder. But current high-end phones can do way better than this, therefore this is not "up to the standards of current high end devices" as the articles states.
25. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Dude, seriously, stop making fool of yourself. I'm starting to feel really really embarrassed for you!
28. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Do you really know the meaning of 'troll'? I doubt it.
Judging from the stupidity of your previous comments above, it's no surprise though.
24. p0rkguy (Posts: 685; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
lol @ kid's knowledge on "full hd graphics".
2. ph00ny (Posts: 1091; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Obviously you don't understand the appeal of RPG games
12. davin8r (Posts: 45; Member since: 28 Apr 2011)
Sure I do. I enjoyed Dungeon Hunter 1 and 2, and they seem way better than this game despite being 1-2 years old.
7. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
the game is sweet, playing it on my LG optimus black
8. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
game is awesome, super fun, the best RPG on android market
21. Alistair (Posts: 19; Member since: 16 May 2011)
I love this game it brings back the nostalgia that older games like crono trigger, or the original zelda or final fantasy brought to the old nes and snes. It was a great time for gaming back then no hi def tvs or multiverse online tournaments just you and a 16 bit fun time. Everyone that is a true gamer has to like 90s throwbacks they bring us back to the time that even the greatest devs out there got there first inspiration.
26. jagon91 (Posts: 13; Member since: 03 Aug 2010)
So excited! I love Zenonia!!! One of the best games in the Market. And it doesn't kill my battery like other games do