You've seen the leaked specs, now take a gander at what is being called the Sony Xperia Z2
0. phoneArena 16 Sep 2013, 23:59 posted on
Sony has certainly caught our attention with a number of high-end Android phones; ever since the Japanese OEM divorced Ericsson, it seems to have put models like Sony Ericsson Xperia Play behind it. The Sony Xperia Z caught everyone's attention this past January at CES and it followed that up with the Sony Xperia Z Ultra phablet and the camera-centric Sony Xperia Z1...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9068; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Z1 hasn't even released yet so how is that good?
7. HeWhoDoesNothing (Posts: 157; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
More options to choose from. I think it's safe to say that a lot of fans were a little unimpressed by the Z1. I was one of those fans. The Z2 could actually WOW this time.
18. maccess (Posts: 633; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
that's mean the z1 already a flop from the beginning..
25. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Probably the Z1 was a experiment & Z2 is the final result !!
28. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
no no no ther are just replacing phones faster than peope are going to buy them! that is not good and that is why HTC are in there mess!
52. jack123 (Posts: 126; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
No, It doesn't feel right if it's true from sony. It may effect the sell of Z1 which is not available yet at the time. Yet if it's the truth, Z1 & Z2 may not much different in spec at all, maybe just the screen size or camera, and most of thing under hood probably the same if we look in there released history.
53. oister85 (Posts: 414; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
so lets wait another 6 month yuuuupiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
31. saravanan083 (Posts: 19; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
really agood question and sony did this very often and it is going to irritate the buyers of z1
50. sapibuntinx (Posts: 55; Member since: 08 May 2013)
because Z1 is a fail...
I hope they'll remove those stupid onscreen buttholes...
51. nnjerzy (Posts: 93; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
I have the Z now and it just released on TMOB,, however was out since January,, LMAO SMH... now im waiting on the lte version of the z1 Honami maybe the US wont get that phone until next yr,, and prob the Z2 US in 2015... there is where i fault Sony at... they are hurting there business by doing that.. The G2,, Note 3 Iphone 5S etc,, the Honami should be already out!!!!!!!!! To compete,, Sony i love you all,, but your stupid in some things...i guess this is why Sony has a small US base.. not taking anything away from there great high end phones.
54. oister85 (Posts: 414; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
yep you right, I love Sony but I also like Samsung. if sony don't deliver that the z1 on time im getting the note 3, sometimes I feel like sony is been arrogant like more arrogant than apple is.
27. Kal-el (Posts: 91; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
I'm the only one that thinks that this is a variant of the z series rather than Z2.....like galaxy s4 ....active and all that other ones lol
29. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4123; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yeah, what was that, 2 weeks? Now we already see the successor.
36. android_hitman (Posts: 694; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
becasue F*CK CUSTOMERS that's why. Just buy our sh*t over and over
41. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I think its waaay better than Sammy.
Look at all versions of S4:
S4 Snapdragon 800
then i think there is no reason to complain about what Sony is
43. maccess (Posts: 633; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
still the original s4 is their flagship.. s4 active , zoom or even mini aren't their flagship.. those for different type of customer.. how about the z2?? i bet it's a flagship phone.. their current flagship should be the z1.. but they leaked the z2 already despite the z1 isn't available yet on the market.. will you still waiting for the z1 when you know the better z2 maybe just arround the corner??
48. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1593; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I will wait for Z1 because when Z2 comes out... Z1 will be cheaper :P
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9068; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Lol the Z1 hasn't even been released and the Z2 is already leaked.
20. maccess (Posts: 633; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
if the z2 offers everythings better than the z1 and it will come to the market soon enough then who the hell will buy the z1??
24. -Shadow- (Posts: 26; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
Z2 will not be annonced untill maybe January. I don't think that this is it because it looks too thin to be true( like 5 mm).
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9068; Member since: 14 May 2012)
First sentence of the article.
Alan, stop right there. That's a flat out lie and everyone knows it.
8. Hassan420i (Posts: 24; Member since: 23 Jun 2013)
if Sony dosen't attract your attention, why are you here?
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9068; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You misunderstood where I was going with my comment. Alan is claiming PA is amazed by their new phones, but they score so poorly.
Calm down, I'm on Sony's side for once.
22. Hassan420i (Posts: 24; Member since: 23 Jun 2013)
ohh.. well, you don't need to mention that... everyone knows the PA's logic with rating:
70%: based on display
20%: based on peformance, camera and other features
10%: reserved qota for Samsung & iPhone
4. shuimaranaman (Posts: 11; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
Well I was thinking it was an Xperia Z Ultra, but since I own one (not bragging) it doesnt look like one, since the bottom grid of apps are 3 on either side, this is 2, with no gaps between. To me it seems legit, or it could be a nice job on photoshop :)
13. -box- (Posts: 3913; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
So, the Z1 was so underwhelming they need an almost-immediate Z2?
21. maccess (Posts: 633; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
everything that force sony to "leaked" the z2 already.. what else reason do you need??
32. kobainez (Posts: 302; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
That's a stupid reason if u asked me. The Xperia Yuga aka Z specs was leaked the time when xperia s was released so what's your point?
34. maccess (Posts: 633; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
considering this leaked not just the spec but the phone itself.. don't you think it's to early?? and hey the z1 isn't released yet.. you got my point??
35. maccess (Posts: 633; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
one more think to ask you have you ever seen gs4 leaked even before the gs3 was released.. or htc one leaked even before the one x has been released?? hope you understand my point.. sony will kill the z1 potential buyers if these leaked keep happening.. *this post for comment 32*
55. kobainez (Posts: 302; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It's not sony fault that this fake was posted online. I repeat fake! All u troll bash sony for no reason.
58. maccess (Posts: 633; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
wich line from my opinion did i bash sony?? calm down fanboy.. yeah i hope it's fake too.. there's no reason for sony to did this to their fans..
15. piyath (Posts: 152; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
That's awkward of Sony.... I mean Lame....
19. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
What i need the most, is the new UI from Sony.
23. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3040; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
That's cool, but till CES 2014 another version of Android would come so please install that in this and try to upgrade your devices faster Sony. And I want capacitive buttons not virtual buttons coz there's so much space left below.
26. ANANDALTER (Posts: 123; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
switching to Sony Zseries!!!! until Nokia comes back as a solo player.
30. joey_sfb (Posts: 3462; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Sony build for phone seem great! Was hard to decide between Z Ultra and Note 3 till turn the Z Ultra over, Sony has forgotten to include a led flash for their Z Ultra.
LED flash is important for close night shot like car number plate in accident.
39. pyradark (Posts: 787; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
I have the Z ultra!! but im planning to get the QX100 accessories
so camera is not a big deal for me
it do well in low light but when you zoom in
still a great phone, im loving it now
33. TheM16 (Posts: 80; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
wow thin bezels!!!
"Sony" if this is true, then you left nothing for haters to complain about!!
they should start digging deeper :)
though it did make me rethink about getting the Z1... time will tell xD
37. Satnamreg (Posts: 29; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
Nice. Maybe I will upgrade my Z1 in 6-8 months then :) And give my Z1 to my GF.
42. TheM16 (Posts: 80; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
good move, why not enjoy it while we can right? :)
38. DLanor1107 (Posts: 31; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
sony always interfere with my decision-making... why do you release your flagships so fast...
40. qwerty_keypad (Posts: 4; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
I dont know but the bottom part of the phone is questionable.... hmmmm, lowest is true/darkest dark then lighter one or darker gray and only next is the on-screen keys
44. Bozzor (Posts: 150; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Is it just me or does that look like less than 5mm thickness?
46. imnotascammer (Posts: 74; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
Okay guys! calm down. This is nothing.. but rumor.
47. slandy7 (Posts: 12; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
540 PPI at 5.5 inches would require a resolution above WQHD (2560x1440), which ain't happening. Good try though.
49. Gsizzle (Posts: 35; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
I see that they worked on the bezels for this one. Time will tell I suppose.
59. TMach (Posts: 394; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
And there I was thinking most people on this site had a brain.......might have to re-think that one! These are rumours, nailed in the same article by their anonymous tipster, by the way! Sony releases 2 top end devices (not including tablets/phablets) which means their next release should be around March. I was not sure I would get the Z1 but realise I miss my XZ way too much and upon seeing the Z1 in the metal/glass, it was love at first sight! It is on the way to be delivered tomorrow by Carphonewarehouse........Haters are always gonna hate but take off those blinkers and recognise true excellence! Nice job Sony!!
60. rgxVOiD (Posts: 436; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Whatever this thing is, it's crazy thin and a removable back cover?