Your shorts and sleeping bag can now both recharge your smartphone
The Power Shorts and the Recharge Sleeping Bag, as the products are known by, were both developed by the Electronics and Computer Science Department at the University of Southampton. The science behind them is interesting. As the fabric that they are both made of is squashed or deformed, it "harvests kinetic energy" which powers up your phone. At the same time, temperature changes experienced by the sleeping bag also help power up your handset.
One day walking around in the Power Shorts will add four hours of battery life to your phone while the sleeping bag returns eleven hours of battery life to your device. Both the shorts and the sleeping bag will be in use during the U.K. festival, so even if the music is bad, those wearing Power Shorts or using the Recharge Sleeping Bag will at least be able to play Hanging with Friends all weekend.
1. abdane (Posts: 486; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
they better make it large enough for my upcoming Note 3 ! :P
9. vandroid (Posts: 323; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
I don't think the note 3 will need this considering how good the battery life on the note 2 is
3. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I wont put a phone in my butt pocket. That;s merely inviting pickpockets to steal your device.
4. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1317; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
You worry too much about pickpockets, I would be a lot more worried I forget I put it there and sit on it!
So no, I would never put the phone in the back pocket.
6. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Sit on it? Last thing to worry about if you are using a Nokia
5. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
its not pick pockets im worried about. Its having to walk around in pair of hot pants like that (im Male). How bout making a version for men?
11. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 878; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Or just find a hot chick and stick the phone in her pocket.
8. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1808; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
What's the story about? All I see is a nice ass :P
10. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 214; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I can't wait to see these shorts everyday.