Your favorite phone from CES 2012?
0. phoneArena 13 Jan 2012, 08:51 posted on
Now that CES 2012 has come and gone, we guess it's time to draw the line and decide which was the best phone from all of those announced at the trade-show. We saw some pretty well-balanced offerings, and there were also some that tried to get noticed by packing notable features... like a 16MP camera, for example...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it was a tough decision between the Droid 4 and the Droid Razr MAXX but i decided to go with the 4.
18. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
okay, there's no sense in these thumbs down because i have damn good reasons for my taste in phones.
24. Penny (Posts: 1385; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Eh don't worry about it King. When people go on thumbs down sprees, it is normally without rhyme or reason.
25. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1063; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Also because considering all the good, new and fresh(er) phones at CES the Droid 4 and Droid Razr Maxx are hardly new or exciting.
29. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Are you kidding. The droid 4 first lte phone with a keyboard and dual core. The droid razr maxx best battery life of any 4g phone. With top of the line hardware.
30. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i don't care, they're better from a few stand points.
35. tluv00 (Posts: 134; Member since: 18 Oct 2007)
It's ironic that you are getting upset with people's opinion of your opinion. Don't worry about them and while I don't agree with you it's your personal opinion that PA was asking for.
37. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you thumbs down for wrong or bad posts not for ones that express a different opinion. thumbing should be used to root out who's full of s**t and who's not.
42. Penny (Posts: 1385; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
While I only resort to thumbing down somebody on very rare occasions (if they something intended to be offensive), not everybody here would agree on an acceptable situation for giving thumbs down. Some people do it for the same reasons I might, some people might do it simply because they disagree with a post. Either way, it's not up to us to decide.
44. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm stating what the APPROPRIATE use of thumbing down would be.
27. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
I would go for the maxx because of that bat lifr.
31. snowgator (Posts: 3346; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Don't sweat it King. Both the RAZR MAXX and Droid 4 will produce tons of interest, all kinds of posts, and good sales. You will be VINDICATED!!!!
41. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Agreed on Sony Xperia but with one exeption...not ion...S!
54. CellularNinja (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
Yes, that is what I voted for. Sony definitely has something to prove in the mobile market now. And I have a Windows Phone, so the Nokia Lumia 900 would have been my second choice, but I really think Sony is coming back in 2012-2013. . . My next update, which is Christmas, will probably be an Android--an Android that has the best Spec/Custom UI combo.
3. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Nokia Lumia of course, it's the new challenges in U.S territory against other manufacturers.
4. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 463; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
the WP is popular! that was fast.
17. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Nah WP ain't popular, Nokia is!
Those who voted the Lumia are mostly indian nokia fanboys, hoping that WP will bring Nokia back on stage.
21. T00muchF00D (Posts: 98; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
You had the most ignorant comment of all. You're rude and a troll of Android or iOS. Smh....Indians.
26. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1063; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I agree that was an extremely dumb comment. Especially considering its a phone for At&t in America. Why would Indians care about it or idk...
43. SleepingOz (unregistered)
You two are actually the ignorant ones here..
What I said in my previous comment is a fact! I'm not trolling or anything, face it!
51. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Nokia is very famous in all Europe and South America, the indians too. Idk why not in U.S, because the body construction is refined, the colors are great, the design and the high end devices doesn't looks like made of cheap materials (Samsung).
23. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
No, don't worry, WP7 is so popular that wins every poll..... Marketing votes for them ;-) but sales are just 1 million per year 2011.... Don't be manipulated by this....observe the sales, not marketing
32. snowgator (Posts: 3346; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
You do realize that was 1 million sales for Nokia alone- and the 710 and the 800 were released in late November? That is respectable start in limited sales markets.
38. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Isn't it shipment?but we will see.....wait for 2012.....
11. IgorEfremenko (Posts: 37; Member since: 30 Nov 2011)
Yes, almost the same as Ion but more beautiful.
20. SGSatlantis (Posts: 205; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
No it`s just more girly, acrylic accents I mean come on the Ion is not that ugly:)
8. chunk1x (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
I've been a long term Nokia fan but Sony sparkled this year.
15. chunk1x (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
Hey! Why do you hate me? Its true and Nokia never did released anything that would blow your mind at CES and I am already familar and bored already on the oversize Lumia 900 which almost similar to Lumia 800. I'm still waiting for the new N8 with 3X optical zoom. My point is Nokia didn't surprised me at CES and Sony did came out from the crappy X10 in a big way.
10. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
Lumia 900. I like the Sony phones but I have been paying way more attention to the Lumia 900 than any other device at CES this year.
12. bigsimpd (Posts: 42; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
I like the Galaxy Note & Skyrockte HD leaning more towards the GN tho because ICS does get released to it its going to be the best phone out.I only hope that if they are going to release these phones in different colors that they do it on the first lauch instead of waiting a month after to bring differerent colors.They need to realize that these phone companies charge restocking fees for returning phones.Not everyone like black phones so please release them all at the same time to save us the consumers money im sorry thats my soapbox that pisses me off!
13. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
I wish I could've voted for both Ion and S...but well, I don't live in USA so I went for the S!
16. Croxy (Posts: 55; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
My personal vote goes for Sony Xperia S. IMHO Nokia lumia 900 doesn't look pretty at all, on the contrary but de gustibus non est disputandum.
28. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1063; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I don't like the 900 in black but if it comes out in red like i've seen in pics then it'll be the hottest phone around!
19. willardcw4 (Posts: 169; Member since: 01 Oct 2011)
These new android phones really disappoint me since they aren't going to be pushed out with ICS. Some of these phones probably won't be out until summer and who knows how long until an ICS update gets pushed out...
Xperia S & Skyrocket HD :)
22. WirelessCon (Posts: 309; Member since: 11 May 2010)
Too much bezel on too many phones. Hardware has a long way to go. Will the Galaxy S-3 surprise us? Probably not.
33. adjou (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 Jul 2010)
I like the lumia 900, but it is over shadowed by the xperias. I also like the galaxys, but we seen them already, so its not a show-stopper.
34. snowgator (Posts: 3346; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Voted the Nokia 900, but that is because I am quite the WP fan boy and I want it to do well. I am also excited by the Droid 4. Also interested in Sony's solo effort. The S/E Play my son has is a solid effort from a year ago, and has the best call quality on any phone I played with in 2011. Honest- it blew me away how clear it was!!
39. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 266; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
Honestly I was disappointed that no tegra4 or s4 phone were demonstrated...will stick with mi focus for a little longer
52. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
did you honestly just say tegra4? dude the tegra 3 has only been in one device so far! its just now in other units.
46. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
it has lumia choked up in dust, lol.
it's a ridiculous comparison actually.
49. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
My prediction might just come true based on this poll. A lot of interest on the Lumia 900. I see a significant number of android users switching back to Nokia :) Iphone users of course will stick with their iphones as proven by the iphone's very high user satisfaction ratings and low return rates :)
55. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Wait a minute, PA is basically an Android lovers site but why is the Nokia Lumia 900 getting the majority of votes? Doesn't make sense!
56. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
I swear the Sony phones looks exactly like Samsung's touch wiz.
60. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 463; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
How are the Sony phones looking like Touchwiz? Touchwiz is a UI by Samsung, not a phone.