Your cellphone has 10 times more bacteria than your toilet seat
0. phoneArena posted on 30 Aug 2012, 13:06
A man in Uganda recently contracted the Ebola virus after stealing a cellphone; that is no surprise considering a report that said that the average cellphone carries ten times the amount of bacteria as a toilet seat...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. asulect posted on 30 Aug 2012, 13:11 3 0
Does that we can leave our phones on toilet seats and still safely lend them to our friends to use afterward?
19. matt1q2aw3 posted on 31 Aug 2012, 02:16 4 0
"Well...goodbye cellphone in the bathroom"
I prefer to keep my bathroom clean.
3. McLaren posted on 30 Aug 2012, 13:24 0 0
A door knob or a remote control is far more disgusting than a disgusting smartphone.
Jerky & yucky hooray:p
5. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2012, 13:33 5 0
Drinking fountains are the worst.
13. Jobes posted on 30 Aug 2012, 16:37 3 0
False actually, don't you watch MythBusters?!?!?!?!?
6. shadowcell posted on 30 Aug 2012, 13:34 2 0
All I've learned from this article was that the man from Uganda should have stolen a toilet seat instead of a cell phone.
I'm not going to be obsessively wiping down my phone with anti-bacterial wipes just because I'm at risk of catching Ebola. I'm pretty sure there are other ways of me catching a virus rather than lending my cell phone to someone.
And who shares their mobile devices? It's supposed to be a personal portal of communication not your home landline.
7. som posted on 30 Aug 2012, 13:41 0 0
Crazy scientist must clean his cell phone with bleach to kill germs that wipe cleaner is not going to germs.
8. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 30 Aug 2012, 13:41 0 0
Oh sh*t....I'm always playing games on the toilet.
9. dcgore posted on 30 Aug 2012, 13:51 0 0
So if i have licked my cell phone, am i safer licking...?
10. zibbyzib2000 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 13:58 2 0
What I learned from this article was that the professor at the University of Arizona is a weirdo.
"I see people talk on their phone on toilets"
That's super creepy o_0
11. troutsy posted on 30 Aug 2012, 14:22 0 0
I'm already excited for the follow-up article where they explain how bacteria can carry the Ebola virus!!!
15. Rayvelynn posted on 30 Aug 2012, 16:42 1 0
WOW,Talk about what goes around comes around, dang just goes to show stealing doesn't pay.
18. 305Bucko posted on 30 Aug 2012, 23:37 0 0
that just spreads the germs around evenly on your phone :D
22. webOSlove posted on 31 Aug 2012, 20:31 0 0
Not really ... the fibers pick up the bacteria , germs , and smudges
17. darac posted on 30 Aug 2012, 18:22 0 4
People are horribly disgusting creatures.
I clean my phones regularly since my first one 9 years ago.
Why is common sense so uncommon?
20. troutsy posted on 31 Aug 2012, 08:11 3 0
Common sense is, "The likelihood of bacteria on your own phone killing you is on the order in 1 in billions."
Good luck in your plastic bubble.