Your cellphone has 10 times more bacteria than your toilet seat
0. phoneArena 30 Aug 2012, 13:06 posted on
A man in Uganda recently contracted the Ebola virus after stealing a cellphone; that is no surprise considering a report that said that the average cellphone carries ten times the amount of bacteria as a toilet seat...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. asulect (Posts: 131; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Does that we can leave our phones on toilet seats and still safely lend them to our friends to use afterward?
19. matt1q2aw3 (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
"Well...goodbye cellphone in the bathroom"
I prefer to keep my bathroom clean.
2. smallworld (Posts: 484; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Seems like I read that article 5 years ago...
3. McLaren (unregistered)
A door knob or a remote control is far more disgusting than a disgusting smartphone.
Jerky & yucky hooray:p
5. Aeires (unregistered)
Drinking fountains are the worst.
13. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
False actually, don't you watch MythBusters?!?!?!?!?
6. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
All I've learned from this article was that the man from Uganda should have stolen a toilet seat instead of a cell phone.
I'm not going to be obsessively wiping down my phone with anti-bacterial wipes just because I'm at risk of catching Ebola. I'm pretty sure there are other ways of me catching a virus rather than lending my cell phone to someone.
And who shares their mobile devices? It's supposed to be a personal portal of communication not your home landline.
7. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Crazy scientist must clean his cell phone with bleach to kill germs that wipe cleaner is not going to germs.
8. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Oh sh*t....I'm always playing games on the toilet.
9. dcgore (Posts: 227; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
So if i have licked my cell phone, am i safer licking...?
10. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 221; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
What I learned from this article was that the professor at the University of Arizona is a weirdo.
"I see people talk on their phone on toilets"
That's super creepy o_0
11. troutsy (Posts: 311; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
I'm already excited for the follow-up article where they explain how bacteria can carry the Ebola virus!!!
15. Rayvelynn (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
WOW,Talk about what goes around comes around, dang just goes to show stealing doesn't pay.
16. webOSlove (unregistered)
I use a microfiber cloth to clean mine
18. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
that just spreads the germs around evenly on your phone :D
22. webOSlove (unregistered)
Not really ... the fibers pick up the bacteria , germs , and smudges
17. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
People are horribly disgusting creatures.
I clean my phones regularly since my first one 9 years ago.
Why is common sense so uncommon?
20. troutsy (Posts: 311; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Common sense is, "The likelihood of bacteria on your own phone killing you is on the order in 1 in billions."
Good luck in your plastic bubble.