Your carrier probably miscalculates data usage, study shows
1. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 14 Sep 2012, 08:37 14
I look at my bill regularly. If I EVER find out that Verizon is ripping me off, I will with the quickness of cheetah introduce them to my lawyer. lol
We ALL pay too much money to these letches, just to find out they are ripping us off. Please let me find out Verizon is screwing me.
3. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 14 Sep 2012, 08:41 6
Please let me edit PhoneArena.com. lol
6. Contreramanjaro posted on 14 Sep 2012, 09:27 3
PhoneArena does let you edit until a bit of time passes or you get thumb.
7. g2a5b0e posted on 14 Sep 2012, 09:34 3
You can only edit a post before the next post has been made.
9. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 14 Sep 2012, 10:20 2
I know & that sucks because if it's an article that has a lot of posts then you are screwed if you are not fast enough. lol
18. serious9010 posted on 15 Sep 2012, 03:11 2
you lol too much.
2. ajac09 posted on 14 Sep 2012, 08:39 3
I would NOT be surprised. I have an app on all our phones showing data usage vs what it shows on the AT&T website and I really really wonder... its usually off buy just enough not to matter but enough to make me investigate.
4. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 14 Sep 2012, 09:00 2
The new data usage feature in ICS and JB is usually right on the money with T-Mobile's reports for my data usage.
10. Savage posted on 14 Sep 2012, 10:34 0
Not really new. The data usage in Android 4.0 shows less than my carrier's bill always. Though not by much.
11. dsDoan posted on 14 Sep 2012, 11:18 1
Be logical. This is the fault of the protocols, not the fault of the carriers.
That is, of course, unless the carriers designed the protocols.
13. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 14 Sep 2012, 18:41 0
Miscalculation? Yeah right.
14. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 14 Sep 2012, 18:44 0
Carriers are aware that most of their customers don't look at their data usage on their bills. With that said, it's easy for carriers to "miscalculate" your data usage w/o your knowledge.
15. DonMateo28 posted on 14 Sep 2012, 20:03 1
Shouldn't matter if you on an unlimited data plan
16. 305Bucko posted on 15 Sep 2012, 00:55 0
JUST CONFIRMED!!! My last Sprint bill says 8.5GB of data when in fact I used 8.7GB
Im gonna call them right now. Theyre about to hear what UNLIMITED outrage sounds like =D
19. DigitalMD posted on 15 Sep 2012, 07:55 0
What about all the spam and advertising we are forced to take even though we don;t want it? They do not subtract for that. You want to know if your cell carrier is ripping you off? Just look at any bill, you can be assured, they are ripping you off.
22. uofmrules posted on 16 Sep 2012, 09:30 0
What are you talking about? The only advertisments you may get are from an app you downloaded by your choice. So how is that the carriers fault?
20. EspHack posted on 15 Sep 2012, 13:36 0
i hate all carriers, they are all the same, robbers with lawyers, after the school they are the thing i hate the most and would like to see killed with fire
21. uofmrules posted on 16 Sep 2012, 09:29 0
I love how the article trys to say the carriers add extra data to get more money out of you. The average consumer uses less then 2GB of data so even with the supposed adding of 5-7% more data won't make most people go over, and if they did it would be a whole $10 they pay, which again is rare. More people go over there minutes then data, and get charged a higher rate when they go over then data.