Your Google+ profile picture will soon be matched with your phone number
0. phoneArena 05 Nov 2013, 22:49 posted on
Sometime early next year, Google will start matching verified phoned numbers with Google+ profile pictures; what does this mean for you? Well, once Google verifies your phone number with you, anytime you call someone, they will see your Google+ profile picture on the incoming call screen. And of course, when someone calls you, you will see their image on your screen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 734; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I actually know a few people whom I remember by face and dont remember their names.. This would be a handy feature..:)
12. rsolomonjr1 (Posts: 8; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Im one of those people. :( Im sorry. Im so sorry.
2. pankajgupta (Posts: 59; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Rather Creepy way of allowing someone to look for you even if it was a one time call..!!
3. bananana (Posts: 34; Member since: 27 Oct 2013)
well it sounds like google is being super duper desperate in making google+ a thing!
4. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 6471; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Google once again forcing G+ onto users. Why can't they just leave it simple and stop trying to change everything?
5. rukkaset (Posts: 7; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
You don't actually have to use Google+. Not sure where you are getting this from, besides more features is always a good thing as long they are optional.
6. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 6471; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
And yet Google continues to push it over and over.
7. rukkaset (Posts: 7; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
And why shouldn't they, it's one of their products and the more people they get to use it, the better it is for them? And still Google+ remains completely optional.
8. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 6471; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Because not everyone wants or cares about G+. I use gmail but that doesn't mean I want Froogle shoehorning me into G+
9. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Then don't use it, Google it's not pointing a gun to your face forcing you
10. rukkaset (Posts: 7; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
As protozeloz said, and as I said twice already, don't use it, it's always been optional. I'm using Gmail just fine without Google+ and it's never been forced on to me.
13. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 734; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
So you are that special person for whom Google should close down Google+!!!!! Because you don't use it...
11. homineyhominey (Posts: 29; Member since: 10 Mar 2011)
The only thing I use Google+ for is the auto backup of pictures taken on android. Best feature about the service. They need to change it by adding features to get more users. It's all about revenue.