YouTube to launch paid subscription channels soon
0. phoneArena 06 May 2013, 04:59 posted on
According to the Financial Times, YouTube is to launch its paid subscription channels very soon. The new service has been rumored for quite some time now, but it looks like the wait is finally about to end. The publication claims that there will be about 50 different 'specialist' channels offering paid content...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
15. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 166; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Everybody saw this coming. Everybody.
16. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
This will be short lived and a failure.
2. eisenbricher (Posts: 970; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Mark my words, Google is turning into a money hungry monster. YouTube ads are already so annoying, if the awesome channels get converted to paid then I am moving to MS camp for good.
I mean, in future if they give liberty so that users can make their channels paid, those who are hugely popular will immediately switch to make more money.
6. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
*cough* Chrome + AdBlock *cough*
But yeah Google is just another enormous greedy money hungry corporation, but everyone is just as bad as one another. It's a greedy game.
9. eisenbricher (Posts: 970; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
It's true, there are ways. But Google don't promote them. They have already removed all the adblockers from play store. So apparently they want you to see ads. For the rest I'm totally agree with you.
8. tech2 (Posts: 1846; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
It can be true but it can also turn out to be very different. For example, imagine watching all your tv shows coming to youtube like GOT, BBT etc.
Although those shows are available on selected channels in few developed countries but they are not always accessible for under developed countries. At least not immediately once they are aired.
10. eisenbricher (Posts: 970; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
That might be a good idea. Exclusivity for limited time, that is.
7. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
"Over night, Google are reporting a sudden increase of profit of almost $100 BILLION DOLLARS."
4. funnyguy (Posts: 234; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
That's Right Bitches .....
Money Talk and Bulls**t Walk ....
11. FlushGordon (unregistered)
If I want paid content I can just torrent the stuff that I fancy...
Paying some subscription just to see a lame @ss Youtube vlogger rant or perform some unfunny skits? NO THANK YOU
12. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 890; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
i really hope Google see that this isn't gonna achieve them any good and that it will dent their image but
13. shuaibhere (Posts: 1297; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
People here have no idea of what this goin to be...as said in article google has control of which can be paid channels and which cannot be...
so no need to worry...it's step forward in direction of making youtube A replacement of TV
14. Zero0 (Posts: 583; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Yeah. I don't expect crappyvloggivemoneypls to become a paid channel. At the very least, the channels they pick should be good. Who knows, maybe they'll even through in a few legitimate cable channels (they already have deals with some of them for Fiber's TV, which is already fairly affordable).
The other thing is that we don't know if said channels are paid-exclusives. It might just be an option to take off ads for some channels.