YouTube for Windows Phone gets updated to be a real app
0. phoneArena 07 May 2013, 13:46 posted on
One of the biggest complaints from Windows Phone users has been the extremely poor quality of the built-in YouTube app. There have been other options in the Windows Phone Store, but nothing that really offered everything that could have been from an app officially authorized by Google. Well, the stock YouTube app for WP got a huge update today that finally makes it a real app...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Whateverman (Posts: 3269; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Looks good too! This should make some WP users really happy.
13. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Yay! Free beers for everyone! - Sponsored by akki20894 or 20893 or 20896 or 20892 or whatever. Cheers!
33. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
let's have blue-label........!!! lol u r cool dude
2. freebee269 (Posts: 539; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
Very informative article Michael, thank you.
3. kaliil10 (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Wp 8 the fastest growing platform in the world
61. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2705; Member since: 26 May 2011)
He's right actually. iOS, BB, and Symbian are all losing global market share. Android can't grow that fast because it already has the majority of the market. WP has been the fastest growing platform in the world since WP8 launched.
11. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
now we can see huge apps and games are coming and getting huge update.......after we will see in next update Microsoft bringing lots of features on their WP OS......can't wait to switch to WP.........it's a unique platform........!!!
14. toondewachter (Posts: 54; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Unfortunately, despite all promises from micro$oft, not available for WP7.x... as usual. We're still on version 184.108.40.206. The WP7.x platform has already been forgotten. We labrats for M$ got screwed! Think twice before giving your money to such shameless people!
16. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Dude, what's with replacing 'S' by '$'?
17. toondewachter (Posts: 54; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
It's all about the money... that's the way microSoft is doing business... I was trying to make a point there, mate. They simply shouldn't have used lots of people as labrats selling "high-end" devices like the Lumia 900 if development for that platform was knowingly going to end three months later!
So as for me: they can go to hell!
18. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Hmm, you look stressed. Do you wanna come over for a beer?
22. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Why did you get 2 red thumbs? Just because you agreed to come over for a beer? Hmm, alright then, grape juice?
37. papss (unregistered)
yeah no other business is about making money... hmmm I say stop crying and go with a different more spammy brand.
24. ichiranjeeb (Posts: 15; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
New Youtube, FourSquare and Facebook Beta all Coming to WP 7.X.
60. ichiranjeeb (Posts: 15; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
I can't post URLs :(
twitter [dot] com
26. Credo (Posts: 748; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Relax buddy, the app is also in the works for Windows Phone 7.x users.
21. Credo (Posts: 748; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
It is awesome, better than MetroTube....
The only thing i need is the option to enable or disable the live tile and the ability to change the backgroundcolor to black, overall i love the app, thank you so much Microsoft !!
Love my Lumia 920 Cyan.
27. downphoenix (Posts: 3165; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
their app has playlists and Google's official one on Android does not? the heck?
28. gd761 (Posts: 138; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
WHAT THE HECK ABOUT FOR WINDOWS PHONE 7 OR 7.5?!!!!
Currently, the Version for Windows Phone 7 or 7.5 is Version 220.127.116.11, < 1MB and there is NO OPTION TO UPGRADE!!!!
Instead of POSTING MISLEADING INFO ABOUT AN UPGRADE< POST THAT IT IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS PHONE 8 ONLY!!!
Why do We have to be left behind?!!!
31. Penny (Posts: 1652; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
WP 7.5 has been left behind on so many useful apps, it's not even funny. Despite all these great apps coming out for WP8 left and right, I don't even bother to check the store on my 7.5 phone anymore. I'm resigned to just not caring until I can upgrade to a WP8 phone.
35. 9koni (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Apr 2013)
dont worry it is comming mate just have a little patience, check wpcentral..
30. kaliil10 (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
don't worry you will get also. its confirmed news by joe